• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,393 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Celtic manager Neil Lennon says he and other SPL managers held ‘very productive’ talks with SFA compliance officer Vincent Lunny.

The Hoops boss was joined by Kilmarnock’s Kenny Shiels, St Johnstone’s Steve Lomas and Jim Jefferies of First Division side Dunfermline Athletic to improve communication between the governing body and managers.

The group also talked about rules governing what bosses are allowed to say to the media before and after matches.

Lomas and Shiels have recently come into dispute with Lunny with the Saints boss being given an eight-match ban while Shiels has been served with two notices of complaint.

Dutchman Lunny plans to meet with other managers in the new year but Lennon feels the original talks went well.

"It was very productive," he said.

"It wasn't a question of any heated arguments, it was just points being put across from both sides and John Fleming (SFA's head of referee development) came in for the last hour or so.

"Alex Smith, head of the managers' association, was there and we are hoping to draw up a few proposals to take to Vincent and see where that takes us.

"One rule was brought up, (what can be said in post-match press conferences) we feel that there is a vague sort of grey areas in the rules and sanctions on managers as well.

"I don't want to go into in-depth because there was a lot of things said that will remain private but it was very productive."
http://sport.stv.tv/...ery-productive/

It's good to hear that the talks weren't heated and weren't initiated in the heat of the moment.

#2 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

It's good to hear that the talks weren't heated and weren't initiated in the heat of the moment.

The Craig Thomson interview was VERY interesting too, he said some people will be looking back on their behaviour years from now and be very embarrassed, wonder who he is talking about? :think: :think: ;-) ;-)

Edited by sheeptastic, 12 December 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#3 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,393 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

The Craig Thomson interview was VERY interesting too, he said some people will be looking back on their behaviour years from now and be very embarrassed, wonder who he is talking about? :think: :think: ;-) ;-)

I know what my answer would have been last season, but this seasons muppet award has to go to Lomas.

#4 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

I know what my answer would have been last season, but this seasons muppet award has to go to Lomas.

Yes he has been very silly, but I rather suspect he was referring also to another manager

#5 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,393 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

Yes he has been very silly, but I rather suspect he was referring also to another manager

me too

#6 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:05 PM

me too

Yeah that Craig Brown he's a disgrace eh? slagging off refs etc etc :razz: :razz:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spl, sfa, vincent lunny, neil lennon, kenny shiels, jim jefferies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users