573 replies to this topic

#41 Gusmeister

Gusmeister

Football Legend

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

HuwmA3mR6wo.jpg

Typical Frankie, couple of flat bits for me but plenty of laughs.   

If you like his stuff you will enjoy it

#42 Elchappy

Elchappy

no toys out the pram here

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Life of Pii a couple of nights back on 2D at cinema

I quite liked it but not the 5 out of 5 a couple of reviewers gave it.

Going to try and "obtain" Argo

#43 ?apester

?apester

Football Legend

• Members
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

The Impossible . 

Good film this . A true story about a family's amazing experiences as they survived the Asian Tsunami . Some terrific special affects to capture the Tsunami itself and it's aftermath . 

It stars Ewan McGregor and Naomi Watts but it's the kids that steal the show . 

Wan for Gus and his missus this . A three hanky job no problem .

Muhahahahaha

#44 ?apester

?apester

Football Legend

• Members
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

Zero , Dark , Thirty 

Katherine Bigalow's follow up to the Hurtlocker and again she delves in the Middle East to tell the story of the hunt for Bin Laden . Cracking cast in this and it should have been an interesting story . It was for the first four and a half hours .(felt like that anyway) . 

Far too long . I felt myself wishing Osama would just hand himself in . Mibbe the dark thirty in the title refers to how much she should have shorted the film by . I just checked and it's only 2 hours and 37 minutes long so mibbe i was just in hurry to be some where else .

Strong performances from the cast though especially the lead Jessica Chastain . It's is worth a watch just make sure you have a comfy seat .

Muhahahahaha

#45 ?apester

?apester

Football Legend

• Members
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Seven Psychopaths 

FUNEEEEEEEicon_thumbup.gif

Muhahahahaha

#46 SheenyBob

SheenyBob

HBF

• Members
  • 9,927 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

The Acid House......., again.
"United We Stand, Divided We Fall"

#47 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• Members
  • 16,616 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Django Unchained (see other thread) and The Impossible. Jape was spot on, my Mrs was greetin her eyes oot durin the film. It doesn't help that she's claustrophobic and can't swim :lol: so she was panicking during all the water scenes, which were brilliantly shot BTW. Tom Holland who plays Ewan McGregor's son Lucas plays his part really well. Well worth a watch this movie

Paul Scholes, He Scores Goals

#48 RayB1888

RayB1888

Football Legend

• Members
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

the abyss

125 years unbroken history  European Cup Winners  43 League titles (All titles won fair)

#49 rumbaheed

rumbaheed

International

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

Going this week to watch either djano or 7 physcopaths not sure what one yet.? Big trouble in little china was last one I watched though still enjoyed it

#50 ?apester

?apester

Football Legend

• Members
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Going this week to watch either djano or 7 physcopaths not sure what one yet.? Big trouble in little china was last one I watched though still enjoyed it

Both are excellent . DJango would be my choice though .

Muhahahahaha

#51 Gusmeister

Gusmeister

Football Legend

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Dredd

MV5BODkyNDQzMzUzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODYy

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1343727/

Enjoyed it more than I thought I would.  Currently rated at 7.2 on IMDB which I feel is a fair score.

#52 ?apester

?apester

Football Legend

• Members
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Dredd

MV5BODkyNDQzMzUzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODYy

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1343727/

Enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Currently rated at 7.2 on IMDB which I feel is a fair score.
Almost perfect potrayal of the comic books vision imo .

Terrific film
Muhahahahaha

#53 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 65,854 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Just away tae watch Quantum of Solace...

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#54 ?apester

?apester

Football Legend

• Members
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

MV5BMTgwNjgyOTExMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTIz

STAND UP GUYS .

I thoroughly enjoyed this film . Al Pacino , Christopher Walken , Alan Arkin . How could they go wrong eh . 

It's not a classic by any stretch but it does have some great performances from the leads who lets face it very rarely let you down . Arkin seems to be popping up everywhere these days after years in the wilderness and imo that is no bad thing .

The story is one of a last horay for Pacino's character . Just released after a hefty prison sentence and best pal (Walken) is charged with putting a bullet in his head . But first the two old buddies have a night out to remember . 

Pretty funny and also quite moving it does deviate into the realms of unbelievability on occasion . That's easy to ignore though as Pacino and Walken bounce of each other with great gusto . 

A strong 7 out of ten from and certainly worth a watch .

It can be found at all the usual outlets in DVD form.

Muhahahahaha

#55 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

HuwmA3mR6wo.jpg

Typical Frankie, couple of flat bits for me but plenty of laughs.   

If you like his stuff you will enjoy it

I'm watching his stand up dvd from 2010. I was at the tour but this is first time I've watched it back.

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#56 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Went to see Gangster squad at the weekend, it has its weaknesses, and the inevitable comparisons to other gangstrer films of the era it is set in are inevitable also, but I enjoyed it, some good scenes in it to, notably the car chase scene, a couple of gun fight scenes and the ending, Penn was good also.  I may well have been less favourable about it had I paid to see it, but as I got a Cineworld unlimited pass for a year from Santa I can see what I like

#57 ?apester

?apester

Football Legend

• Members
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Slient Hill - Regurgatation . Don't bother pure shite .

Muhahahahaha

#58 Lemmystash

Lemmystash

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Watched The Raid. Some of the best fighting$ set peices in a film ever. The 2 v 1 at the end is epic. Definatly give it a look if you've not bothered.

#59 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Went to see Life of Pi at the weekend, it's slow in places and takes a while to set the stage but overall I really enjoyed it, I'm not convinced the 3d enhanced the experience any, and I thought some of the dialogue and scenery was excellent.  Good cast and good storyline with a nice ending (thought provoking)  My one concern was the way it was plugged in the media was like it was a childs film (or good for a child to watch)  This is not a good film for children to go and see, it is too slow for them and is not really a kiddy type film IMHO, I would imagine a cinema during the day with lots of kids in attendeace would have been a very frustrating experience for an adult who wanted to fully enjoy the film, in fact that is what the message boards on IMDB indicate, thankfully I went near the end of its run and late at night icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

#60 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Just been to see The Impossible, good film, not an easy watch in parts and it would be interesting to see how close this film came to be a 15 certificate as its 12A certificate may well have meant that a number of kids under the age of ten might have gone, can't imagine them enjoying it much.  The cast was very good and the script too, the attention to detail was exceptional as was some of special effects, worth a watch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users