• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,393 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

Kelvin Wilson has been banned for two matches by a Scottish Football Association tribunal.

The Celtic defender was found guilty on a charge of violent conduct, having been found to have used an elbow on Dundee's John Baird in a game between the two sides on Boxing Day.

Wilson had been offered a two-game ban by the Scottish FA's compliance officer, Vincent Lunny, but refused to admit his guilt and took the matter to a panel.

The Englishman will now miss Celtic's SPL home game with Hearts on January 19 and then the League Cup semi-final with St Mirren on January 27.

"It wasn't an elbow so I don't know where the violent conduct has come from," Wilson said ahead of his hearing.

"To be fair the boy said he was grabbing my shirt and I was just trying to get away, which I was and unfortunately I caught him.

"If you go into a court of law and someone gives a statement like that then it is taken into consideration so I hope that is the case.

"But we will see. If it goes against me I will just have to get on with it but hopefully the people will see sense and it will get resolved."

#2 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

If you go into a court of law and someone gives a statement like that then it is taken into consideration so I hope that is the case.

Poor lad, doesn't he know how the SFA works?

Shit Creek

#3 RayB1888

RayB1888

Football Legend

• Members
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Not going to even comment (apart from this comment saying im not going to comment) :D

125 years unbroken history  European Cup Winners  43 League titles (All titles won fair)

#4 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,393 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Not going to even comment (apart from this comment saying im not going to comment) :D

That counts as a comment

#5 RayB1888

RayB1888

Football Legend

• Members
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

That counts as a comment

I know, im just kidding on

125 years unbroken history  European Cup Winners  43 League titles (All titles won fair)

#6 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

That counts as a comment

:lol:

Screenshot%207_zpsld33ztyd.png

#7 ?apester

?apester

Football Legend

• Members
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

Hasn't been much comment on Kelvin bloody Wilson's deliberate elbow into the face of an opponent .Unlike the hysteria that followed Naismith when he did it . 

Funny that .

Muhahahahaha

#8 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,393 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Hasn't been much comment on Kelvin bloody Wilson's deliberate elbow into the face of an opponent .Unlike the hysteria that followed Naismith when he did it . 

Funny that .
He was just shaking him off. I might try that technique at football tomorrow night.

#9 ?apester

?apester

Football Legend

• Members
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

He was just shaking him off. I might try that technique at football tomorrow night.

Is that not what Naismith was doing ? Yet i remember a fair old stooshie about that one . I'm sure it had it's own thread and he was getting called allsorts . 

Wilson does it and its all the refs fault . Nae slanderous name calling or 15 pages of Drama for Kelvin . Typical really . Now we're getting oor heed nipped about a penalty that wisne even scored . The fact that the penalty was given is proof of centuries of oppression . Ffs .

Muhahahahaha

#10 RayB1888

RayB1888

Football Legend

• Members
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Is that not what Naismith was doing ? Yet i remember a fair old stooshie about that one . I'm sure it had it's own thread and he was getting called allsorts . 

Wilson does it and its all the refs fault . Nae slanderous name calling or 15 pages of Drama for Kelvin . Typical really . Now we're getting oor heed nipped about a penalty that wisne even scored . The fact that the penalty was given is proof of centuries of oppression . Ffs .

no ones saying that on this occasion, its merely being pointed out that the ref had a howler, no conspiracies, just an bad ref.

Edited by Raymond Blair, 03 January 2013 - 09:04 PM.

#11 ?apester

?apester

Football Legend

• Members
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

no ones saying that on this occasion, its merely being pointed out that the ref had a howler, no conspiracies, just an bad ref.

No want to call Wilson  any names then Ray . I may be wrong but i'm sure you were very vocal about young Naismith .

Muhahahahaha

#12 RayB1888

RayB1888

Football Legend

• Members
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

No want to call Wilson  any names then Ray . I may be wrong but i'm sure you were very vocal about young Naismith .

didnt say anything about Naismith.  heres the the thread.. http://forums.scotti...-trouble/page-2

#13 ?apester

?apester

Football Legend

• Members
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

didnt say anything about Naismith.  heres the the thread.. http://forums.scotti...-trouble/page-2

Nope wrong thread mate . He was playing for Rangers when the incident i'm talking about happened . Actually it might have been before you joined the forum . I'm not sure .

Muhahahahaha

#14 johnarob

johnarob

Football Legend

• Members
  • 18,803 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

i didnt think it looked much at the time, other than 2 players jostling for position, but whats done is done and if the panel have deemed it as violent conduct then he takes the 2 game ban.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kelvin wilson, sfa, celtic, dundee, john baird, compliance officer, vincent lunny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users