• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

Montrose game is going brilliantly and now after 6 long years I've just won promotion to the SPL.

But get your head around this, which happened right after I won promotion...

859327_4947550599361_331031300_o.jpg

856909_4947624841217_631220184_o.jpg

I'll paint this place maroon!

Follow me on twitter @lauriedunsire https://twitter.com/...!/lauriedunsire

#22 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

Montrose game is going brilliantly and now after 6 long years I've just won promotion to the SPL.

But get your head around this, which happened right after I won promotion...

859327_4947550599361_331031300_o.jpg

856909_4947624841217_631220184_o.jpg
That is too harsh. In reality the club would have prepared for that, or was that supposed to be your job?

#23 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

That is too harsh. In reality the club would have prepared for that, or was that supposed to be your job?

Surely under soil heating could be put in for cheaper than £5.5m though?! Some of these flat pack stadiums in Scotland cost not much more than that to build the entire thing!

#24 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

Surely under soil heating could be put in for cheaper than £5.5m though?! Some of these flat pack stadiums in Scotland cost not much more than that to build the entire thing!

A quick google found a quote saying its £700k, plus the cost of the turf

Other links suggested £10k per game in costs.

#25 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

A quick google found a quote saying its £700k, plus the cost of the turf

Other links suggested £10k per game in costs.

Hmmm. It does seem ridiculous that a club like Montrose are forced to spend £5.5m on it, in past games it's been a much smaller amount to get the facilities up to SPL standard. Unless the stadium is also getting expanded as well, but it didn't seem to state that.

#26 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

Hmmm. It does seem ridiculous that a club like Montrose are forced to spend £5.5m on it, in past games it's been a much smaller amount to get the facilities up to SPL standard. Unless the stadium is also getting expanded as well, but it didn't seem to state that.

according to Wikipedia, you do not have enough seats, so it must include work to improve that.

#27 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

according to Wikipedia, you do not have enough seats, so it must include work to improve that.

I've had it increased to 3,000 seats previously, so I realise that another 3,000 was needed. Still seemed an awful lot of money though. 

#28 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

I've had it increased to 3,000 seats previously, so I realise that another 3,000 was needed. Still seemed an awful lot of money though. 

I am surprised that it didnt tell you how big the stadium was going to be after the work. I have seen it say that in previous versions

#29 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

I am surprised that it didnt tell you how big the stadium was going to be after the work. I have seen it say that in previous versions

I have found it now, it will be increased to 6,000 seats. Still, 3,000 seats and under soil heating for £5.5m seems a bit much. The first expansion , which made the whole ground all seated at around 3,000 cost like £200k!!

#30 Gusmeister

Gusmeister

Football Legend

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

You could stop paying PAYE to try and see you through Laurieicon_twisted.gif 

#31 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

You could stop paying PAYE to try and see you through Laurieicon_twisted.gif 

Lol! I may have to try. I've been given a £3k per week wage budget and no transfer budget to try and stay in the SPL. Near impossible, I'm having to loan youth players from other SPL sides to try and fill out my squad!

#32 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

Lol! I may have to try. I've been given a £3k per week wage budget and no transfer budget to try and stay in the SPL. Near impossible, I'm having to loan youth players from other SPL sides to try and fill out my squad!

It sounds like you are making excuses already :P

#33 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

It sounds like you are making excuses already tongue.png

I can't pay players more than £150 per week! Celtic are paying individuals £30k per week and they're in the same division.

The club has gone full time but I can't afford to offer the players full time contracts so they're all still part time. My highest earner is on £300 laugh.png

Edited by Laurie, 11 February 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#34 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

I can't pay players more than £150 per week! Celtic are paying individuals £30k per week and they're in the same division.

The club has gone full time but I can't afford to offer the players full time contracts so they're all still part time. My highest earner is on £300 laugh.png

I always find FM fairly realistic, but surely in this instance the purse strings would be loosened. 

#35 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

I have found it now, it will be increased to 6,000 seats. Still, 3,000 seats and under soil heating for £5.5m seems a bit much. The first expansion , which made the whole ground all seated at around 3,000 cost like £200k!!

It does sound like you are being bumped off. That will be 3000 empty seats when you go back down.

#36 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:59 AM

I always find FM fairly realistic, but surely in this instance the purse strings would be loosened. 

There is nothing to be loosened, the club is about to go into administration. I'm now having to loan players from LOWER Scottish divisions! Haha. Players who can't get a game at teams in leagues below mine.

I don't know why the game even let the board spend all that money, bit silly really since it crippled the club straight away and means that the expansion will probably be pointless as I'll be out of the SPL by the time it's finished.

#37 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

There is nothing to be loosened, the club is about to go into administration. I'm now having to loan players from LOWER Scottish divisions! Haha. Players who can't get a game at teams in leagues below mine.

I don't know why the game even let the board spend all that money, bit silly really since it crippled the club straight away and means that the expansion will probably be pointless as I'll be out of the SPL by the time it's finished.

I take it that you dont have any players worth money to at least make a small dent in the debt?

#38 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

I take it that you dont have any players worth money to at least make a small dent in the debt?

I have some cracking young players, but I wouldn't make any difference to the size of the debt. The board overruled me to accept £40k for a player before, and that was before this financial trouble as well. 

I have a decent young side but it needs a few better players for the SPL. Most of them have been with me since the 3rd Division, from the age of 16/17. I didn't renew the deals for a few guys who I knew couldn't step up, but that was before I realise the club were about to put themselves out of business, leaving me with nothing to spend.

#39 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

It just keeps getting worse. Injuries to a few players early on have meant I have youth players on £30 p/w having to play in the first team. I can't see where I'm even going to get a point in the SPL at this rate... :(

#40 pandamonk

pandamonk

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Has anyone else found that when you move up the divisions the ratings for your players drops? Some of my best players started with 3-4 stars in the 2nd division and are now 1-2 stars in the 1st, but according to training reports and individual attribute ratings, they've improved throughout that time.

Is it simply because they're playing at a higher level or because I've improved my coaches/scouts?

Edited by pandamonk, 11 February 2013 - 02:55 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fm, football manager, goodbye life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users