• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Has anyone else found that when you move up the divisions the ratings for your players drops? Some of my best players started with 3-4 stars in the 2nd division and are now 1-2 stars in the 1st, but according to training reports and individual attribute ratings, they've improved throughout that time.

Is it simply because they're playing at a higher level or because I've improved my coaches/scouts?

It's the change in the level. The reports are based on the level your club is at when the report is put together. An improvement in the assistant/coach/scout making the report can change the rating as well, but the main difference will be in your increased stature and higher level.

I'll paint this place maroon!

Follow me on twitter @lauriedunsire https://twitter.com/...!/lauriedunsire

#42 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

Forget my promotions, this was BETTER. Managed to survive, JUST. 

After a horrendous start, when I was beginning to wonder if I'd even get a point, I scraped a win against 10 man Motherwell which gave the team some confidence. Managed to move into 11th before the final game of the season, which was away to Inverness - who were bottom. Just needed a point, but I thought I'd thrown it all away when I lost a 1-0 lead to fall 3-1 behind. A glimmer of hope when I pulled one back with 15 to go but an injury to one of my players, coupled with the fact I'd used all 3 subs, meant I had just 10 men and a few minutes to save the season. In injury time the ICT defence gave away possession and my young striker fired home to keep the mighty Mo in the SPL.

The mammoth debt has been fairly reduced as well, considering I only had a weekly wage budget of around £3k. 

Before anyone asks, yes I am playing this game constantly just now - not back to work until next week :)

montrosesurvive.jpg

#43 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

For those interested, that's Rangers winning the league for the first time in my game.

#44 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Forget my promotions, this was BETTER. Managed to survive, JUST. 

After a horrendous start, when I was beginning to wonder if I'd even get a point, I scraped a win against 10 man Motherwell which gave the team some confidence. Managed to move into 11th before the final game of the season, which was away to Inverness - who were bottom. Just needed a point, but I thought I'd thrown it all away when I lost a 1-0 lead to fall 3-1 behind. A glimmer of hope when I pulled one back with 15 to go but an injury to one of my players, coupled with the fact I'd used all 3 subs, meant I had just 10 men and a few minutes to save the season. In injury time the ICT defence gave away possession and my young striker fired home to keep the mighty Mo in the SPL.

The mammoth debt has been fairly reduced as well, considering I only had a weekly wage budget of around £3k. 

Before anyone asks, yes I am playing this game constantly just now - not back to work until next week smile.png

montrosesurvive.jpg

well done. You must be spending a lot of time at this.

#45 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

well done. You must be spending a lot of time at this.

:lol:

Just getting my game time in whilst I still can, as of next week I probably won't be able to play at all.

#46 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

laugh.png

Just getting my game time in whilst I still can, as of next week I probably won't be able to play at all.

I bet you gave a fist pump (in a clean way) when you equalised. I've been known to celebrate in moments like that.

#47 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

I bet you gave a fist pump (in a clean way) when you equalised. I've been known to celebrate in moments like that.

I actually stood up and cheered, I thought it was all over. Was still seething from losing the 1-0 lead, especially since I was holding it UNTIL I went to contain and tried to hold on for the result.

#48 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Great season off the pitch, largely down to the board giving me no money at all.

profitmontrose.jpg

But they have STILL refused to give me more than £3k a week for the new season. Not only that, but because of wage increases and the loss of a few guys at the end of their contracts, I've actually got LESS players and a weaker side at the moment - in pre season - but I have no wages to sign anyone else.

Not sure I can stand another great escape attempt :(

#49 jimmy gomis

jimmy gomis

United til I die.

• Members
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Great season off the pitch, largely down to the board giving me no money at all.

profitmontrose.jpg

But they have STILL refused to give me more than £3k a week for the new season. Not only that, but because of wage increases and the loss of a few guys at the end of their contracts, I've actually got LESS players and a weaker side at the moment - in pre season - but I have no wages to sign anyone else.

Not sure I can stand another great escape attempt sad.png

That's poor.  Seems like a bug in the logic.

#50 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

That's poor.  Seems like a bug in the logic.

It's frustrating. I want to stay and build because I've taken the club so far, but they're making it increasingly difficult. I got away with the budget last season because a lot of the players were on part time deals and the salaries hadn't increased much, plus a couple of loans, but I've lost half the team as I couldn't afford to offer them more than £200 per week to re-sign and now I'm left with a threadbare squad and no excess wages.

I'm spending less on wages in an entire year than the club make on individual matches with Rangers or Celtic!

Edited by Laurie, 12 February 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#51 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

It's frustrating. I want to stay and build because I've taken the club so far, but they're making it increasingly difficult. I got away with the budget last season because a lot of the players were on part time deals and the salaries hadn't increased much, plus a couple of loans, but I've lost half the team as I couldn't afford to offer them more than £200 per week to re-sign and now I'm left with a threadbare squad and no excess wages.

I'm spending less on wages in an entire year than the club make on individual matches with Rangers or Celtic!
It must be a bug

#52 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

Bloody ridiculous now. Debt is under £1m, going down by the week, but I still only have £3.5k to work with wage budget and can't offer more than £275 per week. They won't even give more than £100 per week for loan players. Having to play youths and try to get loan players on less than £100 per week. Team is even weaker than the season before, think I'm going to quit if they don't up the budgets.

#53 endersgame

endersgame

Veteran

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

When I encounter a bug like that, I go into the game file and make a few edits. But if you are not computer savvy, you can donload a game editor to fix your problem.

#54 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,315 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

When I encounter a bug like that, I go into the game file and make a few edits. But if you are not computer savvy, you can donload a game editor to fix your problem.

Otherwise known as "cheating" , may as well just add Messi to the squad while your there icon_razz.gif

#55 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

That's cheating! 

It may not be a bug as such, just bloody annoying. I keep demanding they increase my budgets but they advise me they think I have more than enough to achieve my goals! :lol:

#56 pandamonk

pandamonk

Football Legend

• 3,522 posts

Just keep going 'til the team is out of debt

#57 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Just keep going 'til the team is out of debt

I know, but I'm bound to go down before that happens. I got out of it last season partly due to the fact I had a well drilled team who had been together for years. But I've lost half of those players now, I can't even afford to sign the ones who remain on full time deals. I guess if I go down at least I'll have the stadium sorted so I can try to get back up without the crippling £5.5m loss!

#58 endersgame

endersgame

Veteran

• 1,407 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

In my experience if you go down, it the prestige hit you get, takes 5 seasons to get back on track. I would look to cut budgets elsewhere if you can, try and get rid of coaches and scouting network and youth team and junior coaching. It may hurt, but relegation hurts more in terms of finance and prestiege.

Prestiege is important because it gives you a chance to get youth players from the balkans and eastern europe, which will give you a chance for a championship challenge in the future. I would forget about rearing your own youth players with Scottish clubs because the youth rating for Scotland is so low in the game.

#59 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

In my experience if you go down, it the prestige hit you get, takes 5 seasons to get back on track. I would look to cut budgets elsewhere if you can, try and get rid of coaches and scouting network and youth team and junior coaching. It may hurt, but relegation hurts more in terms of finance and prestiege.

Prestiege is important because it gives you a chance to get youth players from the balkans and eastern europe, which will give you a chance for a championship challenge in the future. I would forget about rearing your own youth players with Scottish clubs because the youth rating for Scotland is so low in the game.

Will that help though? The club is making shitloads at the moment, considering it was almost £6m in debt a year ago it's now almost gone. They don't seem to take that into account though, will they increase my playing budget if I sack most of my backroom...?

#60 pandamonk

pandamonk

Football Legend

• 3,522 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

I know, but I'm bound to go down before that happens. I got out of it last season partly due to the fact I had a well drilled team who had been together for years. But I've lost half of those players now, I can't even afford to sign the ones who remain on full time deals. I guess if I go down at least I'll have the stadium sorted so I can try to get back up without the crippling £5.5m loss!

You'll probably be out of debt by the time you go down, then you'll have a bigger budget and adequate stadium to go straight back up

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fm, football manager, goodbye life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users