• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

Queens are away at East Fife tomorrow, the only place so far where we have not scored a goal this season. It will be my first ever visit to New Bayview, so am looking forward to the trip, and hopefully another 3 points. Queens have also signed ex Aberdeen player Michael Paton on a deal until the end of the season. Any 'Dons' fans have any views about the lad ? seems as though he's been out of the game for a while.

#2 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

The scoreline of 2-3 probably makes the game seem closer than it was, but Queens were well in control and could have had 5 or 6 in this one. Nice day out, decent ground, and now possibly just 3 more wins from 'officially' claiming the title.Another goal for leading scorer Nicky Clark as he goes head-to-head with LyleTaylor for the Ginger Boot.

#3 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

Well it was another win for the 'best' team in Scotland (statistically that is ) after a comfortable 2-0 win over Ayr. Now just 3 more wins, or maybe less if Brechin ever play again, and lose. Not a vintage performance but Ayr were pretty awful and certainly missed suspended leading scorer Moffat. Gretna's record 88 points is getting closer, 16 more points to get from the remaining 27 available is a real possibility, and so is a cup final win over Thistle. Continued happy days down Palmerston way.

#4 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Well it's a blooming long way to Arbroath, but it feels even further when it's freezing and the game is rubbish. Kind of got out of jail with an equaliser deep into stoppage time, but a draw was probably about right, although the Arbroath goal was a cracker, and is a certain candidate for goal of the month...watch it tonight on MOTD !!! only kidding. Hopefully last visit to the seaside for some time, nice folk, but too far to travel for a game.

#5 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Well it's a blooming long way to Arbroath, but it feels even further when it's freezing and the game is rubbish. Kind of got out of jail with an equaliser deep into stoppage time, but a draw was probably about right, although the Arbroath goal was a cracker, and is a certain candidate for goal of the month...watch it tonight on MOTD !!! only kidding. Hopefully last visit to the seaside for some time, nice folk, but too far to travel for a game.

aye a long trip there and back, how far is it

#6 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,260 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

Unfortunately the highlights don't get put on the SFL site until at least Tuesday, so we will have to wait to see that one. 

I bet you burst a few coupons with that draw.

#7 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

aye a long trip there and back, how far is it

Dunno where thesimplemind bides, but Dumfries to Arbroath is about 3 hours by car.

Capture

#8 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Dunno where thesimplemind bides, but Dumfries to Arbroath is about 3 hours by car.

aye I used to have a car like that..........years ago....... :wave:

#9 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 16,904 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

aye I used to have a car like that..........years ago....... :wave:

At the time I last made that trip I will admit I was a fast driver so to be sure that my memory wasn't playing tricks I just checked on Google maps.

The estimate there is just over 3 hours at what would be an average of 55mph so a fast driver might actually do it in less time.

Capture

#10 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

At the time I last made that trip I will admit I was a fast driver so to be sure that my memory wasn't playing tricks I just checked on Google maps.

The estimate there is just over 3 hours at what would be an average of 55mph so a fast driver might actually do it in less time.

Guess your correct, there is no fast direct route that I can think of.

#11 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

We clocked it as 163 miles each way, with a couple of stops going up took 3 hrs 20 mins, coming back just short of 3 hours but roads were much quieter.

#12 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

All being well weather wise, it's my last away trip of the season tomorrow as we set off for Alloa. Work means that I can't make the subsequent trips to Brechin,Stenny,Forfar or Albion, so hopefully we can end my away games with a win. When looking at this game a few weeks back, it was thought that this game could have been the title winning game, but with Queens failure to win at Arbroath last week, and Brechin's continued failure to even play, the celebrations have been put on hold again. Although the title is in the bag, Queens still have plenty to play for as we chase Gretna's record of 88 points, and with 8 games left there's a real chance it can be done .Alloa are the only team to beat us in the league so far, so add in a little bit of revenge, and it should be a decent game...and at least it's a lot nearer home.

#13 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

Couldn't get to the game yesterday as the buses for the travel club could not get through to Dumfries, so had to watch and learn via Twitter. By all accounts, it was another fairly close game between the teams, with Queens getting that little bit of luck where Alloa didn't. So now off to Forfar to play Brechin on Wednesday where a win would see Queens officially confirmed as champions, and thanks to the generosity of my boss(myself), I can take time off to go and hopefully witness the championship winning game.

The omens are looking good as well. The previous 2 times that Queens have won a title, the games that confirmed the win were both played at Station Park, here's hoping for more of the same. :thumbup:

#14 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,260 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Couldn't get to the game yesterday as the buses for the travel club could not get through to Dumfries, so had to watch and learn via Twitter. By all accounts, it was another fairly close game between the teams, with Queens getting that little bit of luck where Alloa didn't. So now off to Forfar to play Brechin on Wednesday where a win would see Queens officially confirmed as champions, and thanks to the generosity of my boss(myself), I can take time off to go and hopefully witness the championship winning game.

The omens are looking good as well. The previous 2 times that Queens have won a title, the games that confirmed the win were both played at Station Park, here's hoping for more of the same. :thumbup:

You could be the first Scottish team to have the title in the bag

#15 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

aka Krys on the SFF Podcast

• 6,474 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Lets face it, if you don't win it on Wednesday you'll probably win it on Saturday! Two games against Brechin City in a week.

#16 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

Station Park, Forfar...here we come. Come on the South!!!

#17 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Queens leading two nil..............

#18 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

Four nil now...............

#19 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

• 6,474 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

5-0 up at half time. And I thought Celtic's title clinching match last season was convincing!

Outstanding season for Queen of the South, and still a Ramsdens Cup final to come. Definitely the SFL team of the season for me!

#20 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

• 6,474 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

All over at Station Park, 6-0 final score. Congratulations Queen of the South, Division Two champions with six games to spare!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: queen of the south

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users