• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

All over at Station Park, 6-0 final score. Congratulations Queen of the South, Division Two champions with six games to spare!

What a way to do it. Well done QOS.

#22 ?apester

?apester

Football Legend

• Members
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

A very good team . Wouldn't bet against them for promotion next season as well if they can keep the team together and the manager in place .
Muhahahahaha

#23 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Absolutely brilliant last night, we've played some good stuff this season, but that was just something else. I am not being unkind, but Brechin who had been on a decent run probably needed to play with their own ball, as they barely got a touch of the match ball in what was an amazing display. Some of the football Queens produced was different class, and the whole event was well worth the 1.40am home arrival. Chuffed to bits at how well the team has played this season, and if we can keep the squad together, we could have another good season next time. Not sure how to add an image, but here's link to my blog..http://wp.me/pqJU8-tb

• JHR likes this

#24 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Absolutely brilliant last night, we've played some good stuff this season, but that was just something else. I am not being unkind, but Brechin who had been on a decent run probably needed to play with their own ball, as they barely got a touch of the match ball in what was an amazing display. Some of the football Queens produced was different class, and the whole event was well worth the 1.40am home arrival. Chuffed to bits at how well the team has played this season, and if we can keep the squad together, we could have another good season next time. Not sure how to add an image, but here's link to my blog..http://wp.me/pqJU8-tb

Good luck for next season

#25 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

img_20130327_220529.jpg?w=500&h=375

Full time

#26 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

img_20130327_221233.jpg?w=500&h=375

You in the photo SM ? or behind the camera...

#27 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

img_20130327_221233.jpg?w=500&h=375

You in the photo SM ? or behind the camera...

Behind the camera.

#28 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:51 PM

Oops, we suffered our 1st defeat of 2013 at Stenhousemuir last night. Queens fans forum demanding that management team explain the poor performance and subsequent defeat. That's now FOUR defeats all season :shock:

#29 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

Oops, we suffered our 1st defeat of 2013 at Stenhousemuir last night. Queens fans forum demanding that management team explain the poor performance and subsequent defeat. That's now FOUR defeats all season :shock:

Sack the manager ;)

#30 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

QOS now have a record points points tally for division two. They won 1-0 yesterday, so they finish the season on 92 points, with a positive goal difference of 69. Congratulations

#31 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

QOS now have a record points points tally for division two. They won 1-0 yesterday, so they finish the season on 92 points, with a positive goal difference of 69. Congratulations

Allan Johnston being awarded Manager of the Year last night just put the icing on the cake on what has been a truly memorable year. Nicky Clark's goals tally was always going to get him the 2nd Division award, and my money is on him to be the 2nd Division's top scorer next season as well...will he score more than 41 though?? Champions by a distance, Ramsdens cup winners, Manager of the year, and 2nd Division player of the year..Not even Carlsberg do seasons like this.

#32 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

Allan Johnston being awarded Manager of the Year last night just put the icing on the cake on what has been a truly memorable year. Nicky Clark's goals tally was always going to get him the 2nd Division award, and my money is on him to be the 2nd Division's top scorer next season as well...will he score more than 41 though?? Champions by a distance, Ramsdens cup winners, Manager of the year, and 2nd Division player of the year..Not even Carlsberg do seasons like this.

I hear that Johnstone has signed on for an extra year at the club. That's a good sign for the upcoming season. 

Do you think that Clark will be sold to assist in the funding for the astroturf surface? I know that there are financial benefits of playing on artificial grass, but it is very dear in the short term. 

#33 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

I hear that Johnstone has signed on for an extra year at the club. That's a good sign for the upcoming season. 

Do you think that Clark will be sold to assist in the funding for the astroturf surface? I know that there are financial benefits of playing on artificial grass, but it is very dear in the short term. 

There will be no fee for Nicky as he is out of contract in July. Like a lot of teams in the lower leagues, Queens usually only offer one year contracts to players, and based on what he did in the previous season, many of us at Palmy were quite surprised that he was offered a contract...what do we know ? It was obviously a confidence thing, he started well this season and just got better. With regards to the pitch, the majority of the cost is being met by the local council so it's a win win situation for Queens, although plenty are not certain of playing on 'plastic', but going by some results we had on that kind of surface, it could be an advantage. All will unfold when the new season begins.

#34 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

There will be no fee for Nicky as he is out of contract in July. Like a lot of teams in the lower leagues, Queens usually only offer one year contracts to players, and based on what he did in the previous season, many of us at Palmy were quite surprised that he was offered a contract...what do we know ? It was obviously a confidence thing, he started well this season and just got better. With regards to the pitch, the majority of the cost is being met by the local council so it's a win win situation for Queens, although plenty are not certain of playing on 'plastic', but going by some results we had on that kind of surface, it could be an advantage. All will unfold when the new season begins.

I never realised that clark was available on a freebie. Thanks. 

#35 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

Preparations for the new 3G surface are well under way at Palmerston. More photos at http://www.qosfc.com...spx?newsid=1820

Attached Thumbnails

• SDC12688.JPG

Edited by thesimplemind, 10 May 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#36 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

Preparations for the new 3G surface are well under way at Palmerston. More photos at http://www.qosfc.com...spx?newsid=1820

if they need any of the black rubber balls, I have plenty in my car and in the bottom of my kit bag. 

#37 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

Kenny Shiels name being mentioned as a replacement for Johnston !! 

#38 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

Kenny Shiels name being mentioned as a replacement for Johnston !! 

Think that this might just be a rumour, we could not afford his wages for a start, and would not really want the adverse ?? publicity that he brings. Just waiting to see who comes in to continue the good work of last season. Billy Reid seems to be a name that's constantly cropping up, along with the John's Collins and Hughes. Appointment expected pretty soon with pre-season already underway. It's a small blip at a bad time, but the squad is good enough to hold their own in the 1st Division this coming season. An opening home league game against Dundee is a cracker of a start that everybody associated with Queens can't wait for!!

#39 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

Former Dunfermline boss Jim McIntyre is the new boss at QOS,

#40 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts