74 replies to this topic

#41 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

Former Dunfermline boss Jim McIntyre is the new boss at QOS,

Hadn't considered him... not sure how he will do.. Johnston will be a hard act to follow

#42 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:21 PM

Replacing Johnston was always going to be difficult, but the early views of Qos fans are quite positive about this appointment, and with the majority of the players from last season having signed on again, confidence of doing well in the 1st Division remains quite high. Time will tell, but it's certainly more boom than gloom at Palmy at present.

#43 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Back from Hols, and back in the old routine. Comfortable win today, following on from the midweek win over St. Mirren. McIntyre has the team playing some good stuff, and although it's very early days, so far it seems as though we are creating more chances than we did last season, which considering the success we had does seem hard to believe. I really feel that we can make the play-offs if we can stay consistent, only real fear are Dundee and possibly Hamilton. Really looking forward to the rest of the season. Spartans were pretty poor today, and rarely threatened, but they will improve for the experience. As for the game with St. Mirren, although it was a friendly, the Saints were shocking especially defensively, we could and should have scored 2 more, a long season ahead for them me thinks.

#44 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

At home to local rivals Annan tomorrow in the League cup first round. First ever competitive clash between the two teams, and should be a decent crowd for this one. Former Qos and Morton striker Peter Weatherson now plays at Annan and he almost always scored against Queens whilst at Morton. Should be a win, but it will be a harder game than most people expect. Narrow win for Queens for me, then Kilmarnock at home in next round please!!

#45 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

The 3-0 scoreline would suggest an easy win for Queens, but credit to Annan, they played very well, and were well in the game until the game changed after 56 minutes when they had a man sent off. After that, Queens took full advantage and a hat-trick from Del Lyle in 11 minutes won the game. The new boss is playing a 4-1-2-3 formation, which is starting to take shape, but has had a few teething problems already against supposedly 'lesser' teams, Dundee at the weekend will prove a much harder test.

#46 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

Short trip to league leaders Hamilton tomorrow, and this will probably be the end of the unbeaten start if we play as we did in the last 2 games. Very fortunate to get a point from Livvy last week, and struggled early on at Airdrie, although the confidence (and passing) came flooding back after taking a 2 goal lead. I would happily settle for a point now against what is looking like a strong Accies side.

#47 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

Sometimes you just have to say that the better team won on the day...so, the better team won on the day, Hamilton were much quicker, sharper, and more effective with their final pass. Queens were not and maybe 3 games in just over a week caught up with them a little, but as it was the first time we have lost this season, and the first time that we did not score in 21 games, the lads deserve to be cut a bit of slack...provided of course that things get back to normal in the cup against St. Mirren on Tuesday.

#48 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:37 PM

Getting ready to leave for Palmerston shortly, hoping to witness a cup shock. 'Mon the South  :-D

#49 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

Another epic night at Palmerston as St. Mirren were given a penalty, a goal start, and we still put them out, certainly  the right result and it should have been won before extra time...bring on anybody!!!!

#50 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Making my first trip to the Westfield Stadium tomorrow, and despite last week's result, I have a an inclination that we might just nick a win. Close game expected, but it's an away win on my coupon. (Last week my 50p 7 team roll-up for £127 was knackered thanks to DundeeUtd failing to win at Hearts)

#51 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

At last, a pleasing journey back on the Travel club bus. Really good to win away from home again, good all round team performance and certainly the win was well deserved. 8-)

#52 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

At last, a pleasing journey back on the Travel club bus. Really good to win away from home again, good all round team performance and certainly the win was well deserved. 8-)

you burst the charity bet :(

#53 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

Off to Livingston to see Queens. Tonight is our 6th game of the season, 3 of them have been against tonight's opponents. Nothing like variety.!!!

#54 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

Our first game against one of the 'Big Three' sees us at Ibrox tomorrow. After 6 games, we have yet to be beaten in 90 minutes, but the test tomorrow will be much greater. With a fully fit squad I think that we could have made a decent game of it, but with so many injuries at present it's going to be a tough ask.

As many as 6 first team regulars are certainly out, with a couple more struggling, at this moment we might even struggle to get nil !!! However, football, being a funny old game throws up some surprises, and we travel in hope and in the knowledge that we start the game unbeaten in the league. Having said that, I think it's a home banker.

#55 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

Our first game against one of the 'Big Three' sees us at Ibrox tomorrow. After 6 games, we have yet to be beaten in 90 minutes, but the test tomorrow will be much greater. With a fully fit squad I think that we could have made a decent game of it, but with so many injuries at present it's going to be a tough ask.

As many as 6 first team regulars are certainly out, with a couple more struggling, at this moment we might even struggle to get nil !!! However, football, being a funny old game throws up some surprises, and we travel in hope and in the knowledge that we start the game unbeaten in the league. Having said that, I think it's a home banker.

Are you going? If so, I will give you a wave.

#56 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:18 PM

A home game against the so far unbeaten in the league, Hearts, for Queens tomorrow, and it should be a cracker. The visitors will be backed by almost 3,000 fans so Palmerston will be a bit busier than usual. Having beaten Hibs in our last home game, and then losing to Cowdenbeath last week, not sure how Queens will cope with Hearts. Looks likely that our injury problems will once again dictate who plays. Expect that Hearts will be strong enough for the win, might well depend on how they adjust to the 'plastic' pitch.

#57 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:45 PM

A home game against the so far unbeaten in the league, Hearts, for Queens tomorrow, and it should be a cracker. The visitors will be backed by almost 3,000 fans so Palmerston will be a bit busier than usual. Having beaten Hibs in our last home game, and then losing to Cowdenbeath last week, not sure how Queens will cope with Hearts. Looks likely that our injury problems will once again dictate who plays. Expect that Hearts will be strong enough for the win, might well depend on how they adjust to the 'plastic' pitch.

Good luck tomorrow.

#58 ZippyisaJambo

ZippyisaJambo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:03 AM

Looking forward to my 1st visit to Palmerston - taking junior as well. Just checked my tickets. Terracing!! hope the rain stops!

#59 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:41 PM

Looking forward to my 1st visit to Palmerston - taking junior as well. Just checked my tickets. Terracing!! hope the rain stops!

Well hope you enjoyed the day. Obviously you would have enjoyed the result. Early on thought that the game was pretty even, and we might have made it a different outcome had we scored from our 2 early chances. First goal as is often the case, changed the game, and from then on Hearts gave us a footballing lesson. If there is a better player than Gomis in the Championship, he hasn't been seen yet, what a fabulous player he is, so composed and extremely effective. Early days yet and far too soon to get carried away, but at the present Hearts are certainly at the top on merit. Looking forward to our trips to Tynecastle later in the season, and hopefully by that time, we will have most of our our squad available - having said that some of Hearts football was excellent on Saturday, especially in the 2nd half.

Hope you had a decent view from behind the goal, and at least the rain held off for you. All in all, the perfect away day for you and your youngster.

#60 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:54 PM

Two big games coming up for Queens, firstly off to Tynecastle to see if we can become the first team to beat Hearts in the league this season, and then a home game against Rangers covered by BT Sport the following Friday. Not many people are thinking that we can do something against Hearts, but Queens are in good form just now,7 unbeaten, and 4 clean sheets from our last 6 games. I know that  is all statistics, but Hearts will lose a league game sometime and it might well be this weekend. Hoping that we perform better than we did on our last trip to the capital a few weeks ago, we were awful that day, although at start of play we would certainly have taken a point. Apparently Queens have not won a league game at Tynecastle for simply ages...that record must end soon.!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: queen of the south

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users