• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:50 PM

Having been beaten, but not overwhelmed, despite the scoreline, Queens have another big game tomorrow when Rangers visit Palmerston. First time Rangers have played Qos in the league at Palmy for 50 years, so it is an exciting prospect. With Queens playing well this is possibly our best chance of recording a league win over Rangers. Current league form shows both teams having lost 1 in 7, though Rangers have collected 16 points to our 14 during those games.

Really looking forward to what hopefully is an exciting game. Will feel even more confident if 'Ally' leaves Templeton and Clark on the bench. Close game with hopefully Queens just doing enough to make a bit of history.

#62 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:28 PM

Well here we go again, as another new season is just a few hours  away. Really not sure how the season will go for us this time around having lost so many players during the Summer it's going to be difficult to make the play-offs this time, and possibly our best hopes would be to have a decent run in the various cup competitions.

We begin tomorrow at home to Stranraer and although Queens should progress, we went out at the first attempt at home to eventual winners, Livingston in last seasons Petrofac cup so it's potentially a tricky tie. With an away game at Annan the following week, and then a home league game against Alloa to follow, we won't be leaving Dumfries and Galloway for a month which will help to keep the travel costs down.

Think it will be mostly about Rangers and Hibs this season, and I expect Rangers to win the league pretty comfortably. Falkirk, Raith and St.Mirren fighting for the play-off places with Hibs.

Enjoy the season.

#63 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:17 PM

Well it was off to a wining start for Queens against a well organised and stubborn Stranraer. Not much quality, but the one moment of class came in the final minute when Ryan Conroy curled in a sublime free-kick - that will be the first of many. As of last season we looked dangerous from set-pieces and I expect that is how we will get most of our goals again this time round.

#64 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:35 PM

First meeting this season of the big two in the Championship this weekend, and it is fitting that both teams go into the game with 3 league wins out of 3. This will be the first test for the new look Rangers as they come up against the team that caused them so many problems last season, although ultimately it was a dodgy free-kick award and a fluke goal that finally saw Rangers scrape through in the play-off games against Qos. However that is all in the past and with both sides having changed their playing staff significantly, this game is one that all of Scottish football is looking forward to, now that all that Champions League rubbish is out of the way.

So will it be history seeking Rangers, or highly un-fancied Qos who will top the Championship table on Sunday night ? Scottish football awaits with huge anticipation!!!

Okay, bit of tongue in cheek but it's a long time since we have won 3 league games on the spin and as much as I would like to see it happen, I think Rangers will be far too strong for Queens and if we play like we did on Tuesday night against Morton, we will be very lucky to even get nil!!

#65 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:10 AM

I have been reading a fair bit of negativity from QoS supporters.

Rangers are playing well enough but teams will get their chances against them. I hate watching games on these surfaces but this team have played twice and scored 10 goals.

Unfortunately i am behind the goals on the uncovered terrace so i am hoping for a win and a dry day. Ayr United was a nightmare

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#66 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,302 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:59 PM

Derek Lyle wins appeal of his Red card. A little surprised tbh as I do think it was very harsh but he does move his head forward and while not a head butt I have seen them given. Really daft by the QoS player and I know many QoS supporters felt the same way.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#67 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:20 PM

Derek Lyle wins appeal of his Red card. A little surprised tbh as I do think it was very harsh but he does move his head forward and while not a head butt I have seen them given. Really daft by the QoS player and I know many QoS supporters felt the same way.

Most people were quite surprised that we even considered appealing after seeing the evidence on the telly - at the time I did think it was harsh, and the fact that the Rangers lad wasn't even spoken to seemed a bit unfair - but I think the fact that Mark Warburton was keen to express his opinions, and the fact that the incident was seen only by the 4th official, helped reduce his ban. Have to say that I don't think that 4th officials should only be present for TV and cup games, either all games, or none.

However contrary to popular belief, I personally did not think that it changed the game, Rangers were a country mile better than us even when we had 11 men.

#68 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,302 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:30 PM

Shame he couldn't have helped you to a result today as it cost me £200 lol

#69 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:00 PM

Certainly in need of a performance against Falkirk tomorrow. On current form you would have to go with an away win, however this is just the sort of game that Queens usually do well in, so I'm going for a score draw.

#70 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:02 AM

Gavin Skelton appointed as manager.

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#71 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:31 PM

Well it's that time again, the start of a new Championship season. Tomorrow will be my first trip to Tannadice - stood outside a couple of seasons ago when we played at Dens - but never been inside. Our longest trip of the season so it's an early start. Obviously Dundee Utd will be strong favourites to get their season off to a winning start, and if we play like we did against Stenhousemuir last weekend, then it will certainly be 3 points to the hosts. Optimistically we make sneak a draw as the pressure will be on Utd, but realistically you would expect a home win.

#72 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,302 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:50 PM

Dundee United are really not that good and i think they will struggle to come straight back up. The gap between the top league and the Championship is not that great and certainly nowhere near what it used to be.

TBH i don't know who you lost in the summer and who you brought in but i certainly wont be touching United unless they are better than evens

#73 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:06 PM

Well it's that time again, the start of a new Championship season. Tomorrow will be my first trip to Tannadice - stood outside a couple of seasons ago when we played at Dens - but never been inside. Our longest trip of the season so it's an early start. Obviously Dundee Utd will be strong favourites to get their season off to a winning start, and if we play like we did against Stenhousemuir last weekend, then it will certainly be 3 points to the hosts. Optimistically we make sneak a draw as the pressure will be on Utd, but realistically you would expect a home win.

were you selling scarfs?

#74 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,259 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:50 AM

Difficult game to start the season with but Queens have shown they are a good team and more than capable of getting something from the game.

#75 thesimplemind

thesimplemind

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:59 PM

Well it's certainly been a decent week to be a Queens fan. Hardly expected anything from the two games against Dundee Utd and Hibs, but somehow we've come away from both unbeaten, throw in the fact that the Legend that is Stephen Dobbie has returned to Palmerston - even finding his scoring touch already- and the week has been fine and dandy.

Ayr visit Palmerston on Saturday and on current form it should be a home win, although a few injury concerns might alter the team line-up. Lookout for the name of Lyndon Dykes in the coming weeks, he has the ability to cause big problems with his pace and direct running, and as he showed against Hibs, he knows how to finish as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: queen of the south

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users