• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

Aberdeen have signed goalkeeper, Nicky Weaver on a 6 month deal.

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#22 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

Aberdeen have signed goalkeeper, Nicky Weaver on a 6 month deal.

Was a decent goallie as I recall, good signing?

#23 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 39,744 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

He must be a good age noo , mind him at dundee utd and man city , hes not a bad keeper
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#24 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

He is 34 and certainly has experience to compete with Langfield for goalie spot.

#25 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

Inverness have signed defender, Tremarco.

Kilmarnock have signed Darren Barr.

Partick Thistle have signed Mark Kerr who previously played for Aberdeen, Dundee United and Falkirk.

#26 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

Dundee United have signed former Tottenham trainees Calum Butcher and Kudus Oyenuga.
Striker Oyenuga, 20, who spent part of season 2011-12 on loan at St Johnstone, and 22-year-old defender Butcher had been on trial at the Tayside club.
Butcher has agreed a two-year deal with the Tannadice club, while Oyenuga's contract runs until May 2016.
"They are young, hungry, excellent footballers with something to prove," said United manager Jackie McNamara.
"Calum is an aggressive centre-half who is also comfortable with the ball at his feet.
"Kudus will excite our fans. He is quick, direct and always looking to score goals.
"We have now brought in eight new faces over the summer and I am excited by what we can achieve this coming season."
The pair played together last season in the Conference South for Hayes & Yeading United.
United head off on their pre-season tour to Germany and Spain this weekend.
McNamara has had a number of other players on trial, including Graham Carey, who was released by St Mirren.
"There are two areas I would like to strengthen - the centre of defence and possibly left-back, depending on how Graham Carey does," he said.
"Young Andrew Robertson has looked very good in training but he is 19 and ideally I would like two fighting for the position."

#27 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

Dundee United have signed forward Nadir Çiftçi on a two-year deal, subject to international clearance.
The former Turkey Under-19 player, now 21, has previously played for Portsmouth, Kayserispor and NAC Breda.
"I enjoyed my trial period," said Çiftçi. "This is a fantastic club with great players and coaches."
Meanwhile, United have confirmed that both defender Brian McLean and midfielder Richie Ryan have left the club by mutual consent.
McLean joined the Tangerines from Preston North End last summer while Ryan has been playing at Tannadice since January 2012.
Çiftçi follows Calum Butcher, Aidan Connolly, Chris Erskine, David Goodwillie, Brian Graham, Kudus Oyenuga, Paul Paton and Andrew Robertson in joining United for season 2013-14.
"Nadir has really impressed me," said manager Jackie McNamara. "He will become an important member of our squad.
"He is strong, clever, has pace and an eye for goal. He has quickly become part of the squad and is a great guy to have around the dressing room.
"His desire to sign for Dundee United was obvious because he had more lucrative options but made it clear he wanted to progress his career at Tannadice."
And Çiftçi added: "I want to join Dundee United because I know I can become a better player here.
"The players are not only good footballers but also have made me feel so much part of the club since I arrived. The fans have also made me feel welcome. I am delighted to have signed."

#28 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:25 PM

St Mirren have signed former Hearts defender Danny Grainger on a one-year deal, with the option of a further year.
The 26-year-old was released after two seasons at Tynecastle and had recently spent time on trial with Sheffield Utd.
Saints boss Danny Lennon told the club's website: "We lost a very good left back at the end of last season when Paul Dummett left.
"Danny is a top quality left back to replace him.
"He has the ability, experience and character we are looking for to help take the club forward and we are delighted to have him on board."
Englishman Grainger has also played for Dundee Utd, St Johnstone and Gretna.

#29 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:08 AM

Partick Thistle have completed the signing of Gabriel Rojo de la Vega Piccolo after the defender impressed in the 0-0 friendly draw with AEL Limassol.

The 23-year-old, who goes by the shortened name of Gabriel, has impressed after training with the Scottish Premiership new boys and has signed a two-year contract.

The Mexican holds an Italian passport and had no issue gaining a work permit to play for the Firhill side.

A statement on Partick's website said: "Gariel began his career in Mexico with his hometown Club; Club América before moving to Atlante UTN where he made his professional debut.

"In January 2012 he moved to Europe when he signed for Spanish side CD Dénia who played then in the 3rd tier of Spanish football. In August of that year, however, Gabriel signed for Rayo Vallecano and was assigned to their B team, making 26 appearances and scoring three goals last season."

Alan Archibald's side open up the new league campaign with a home match against Dundee United on Friday.

#30 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

Striker Henri Anier has joined Motherwell from Norwegian club Viking on an initial six-month loan.
The 22-year-old made the move on the recommendation of Estonia team-mate Henrik Ojamaa, who left Well for Legia Warsaw in the summer.
Anier told Motherwell's website: (external) "My first impressions are really positive.
"Henrik is my good friend and recommended me, telling me all positives about the club, so I'm delighted to have joined Motherwell."
Manager Stuart McCall's eighth summer signing impressed during a trial period in pre-season, playing against Newcastle United and scoring against Morecambe.
"I want to keep working hard and do really well for the team and hopefully we can be successful this season," added Anier.
He has scored three times in seven international appearances since making his debut in 2011.
But the Estonia international was not so prolific in the Norwegian top flight after signing a three-year contract with Stavanger outfit Viking, having left Flora in his homeland that same year.
He was loaned out this year to Fredrikstad, who had been relegated to Norway's second tier, and now hopes to impress in the Scottish Premiership.
Having spent a year at the Sampdoria Academy in Italy, Anier signed professional terms with Valga Warrior, winning a move to fellow Estonians Flora after netting 13 league goals in 24 starts.
In three seasons with Estonian top-flight outfit Flora, the Tallinn club where he had played as a youth, he scored 52 times in 86 matches.

#31 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 17,877 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

This Anier chap has a good scoring record. Could well be a good find

#32 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

This Anier chap has a good scoring record. Could well be a good find

I was thinking that too. If he can rediscover his form for when he played in Estonia then Motherwell may have won a watch.

#33 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Ross County have signed former Dundee United defender Brian McLean and ex-Mirren midfielder Graham Carey.
McLean left United by mutual consent in July, having arrived at Tannadice from Preston North End last summer.
Irish midfielder Carey helped St Mirren win last season's Scottish Communities League Cup, but was released by the Paisley side in the summer.
It adds to the signing of Motherwell defender Steven Saunders who joined County on a one-year deal this month.

#34 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:54 PM

Celtic have confirmed the signing of Ajax winger Derk Boerrigter ahead of Tuesday's Champions League transfer deadline.
Boerrigter, who could now feature against Elfsborg on Wednesday, has signed a four-year deal in Glasgow in what is expected to be a £3m move.
The 26-year-old was in his second spell at Ajax having re-signed in 2011.
He scored six goals last season and helped the club win their 32nd Eredivisie league title.
Boerrigter has also enjoyed spells with other Dutch sides Zwolle and RKC Waalwijk.
"He is the type of player we have been looking for for a while," said Celtic manager Neil Lennon, who is confident of another new signing this week.
"He is a very fast, direct, left-footed player who has goals in him with his left and right foot.
"He is also very powerful. He has good experience and he has played at a high level for the last two or three years."
Celtic face Elfsborg in Glasgow in their third round qualifier on Wednesday night, but had until midnight on Tuesday to add a "wildcard" signing eligible to play in the match at Celtic Park.

#35 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

Partick have signed ex Dons midfielder, Isaac Osbourne. I'd like to have kept him on a pay as you play deal. They have also signed ex Barcelona youth, Simon Colina Dominguez.

#36 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

Ex Kilmarnock centre back, Michael Nelson has signed for Hibs on a two year deal.

#37 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

Newcastle midfielder, Conor Newton has signed a loan deal till 1st January at St Mirren. This follows on from his loan spell there last season.

#38 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:29 PM

Partick Thistle have signed winger Kallum Higginbotham on a two-year deal after the player was released from his contract at Huddersfield Town.
Higginbotham, 24, joined Motherwell on-loan from Huddersfield in January until the end of the season, but made just three appearances.
It was his second stint in Scotland, having spent two seasons at Falkirk.
Thistle manager Alan Archibald hopes the player will feature in his squad for Saturday's trip to Ross County.
"I am very content with the shape of the squad and this signing complements it nicely," said Archibald.
"I am perhaps a little shy in numbers in that area and, as I have said many times, I will be needing every member of the squad throughout the course of the season.
"Another good thing that Kallum offers is versatility as he can play up front as well as in a wider role where I think he is a top performer.
"Subject to all the paperwork being completed he will be in the squad for Saturday."

#39 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

Celtic's young midfielder, Jackson Irvine has joined Kilmarnock on loan till January.

#40 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:52 PM

Bit late on this one but Kilmarnock have signed Sean Clohessy and Barry Nicholson.

Dundee United have signed their ex player, Mark Wilson till end of January.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users