Photo

Sepp Blatter continues to insist that the 2022 World Cup will be played in winter

sepp blatter fifa world cup qatar

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#21 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:23 PM

The winter break is precisely that mate,to get a break,not play more football

The World Cup is played after the season finishes though when players are tired. Having it mid season may be better.

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#22 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 69,927 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

The World Cup is played after the season finishes though when players are tired. Having it mid season may be better.

Is the point of the break not to allow players to rejuvenate in addition to the possibility of bad weather..but what countries have bad weather in October which is when Blatter is touting (and there is NO other description) ?

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#23 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,968 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

I honestly don't see European clubs/countries going for this which will make the world cup an even bigger farce which I hope happens

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#24 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

Is the point of the break not to allow players to rejuvenate in addition to the possibility of bad weather..but what countries have bad weather in October which is when Blatter is touting (and there is NO other description) ?

It is but not all leagues have it. It would give players a better break in the summer. Football is a global game so it's good to see tournaments being played in countries that haven't hosted them before.

#25 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,968 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

It is but not all leagues have it. It would give players a better break in the summer. Football is a global game so it's good to see tournaments being played in countries that haven't hosted them before.

The world cup is a summer tournie,some half wit decided to award Qatar this honour knowing full fucking well it was too warm to host it in the summer,crazy decision,bout time that bastard blatter drew his pension

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#26 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,927 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

How would it give players a better break in the summer when they already have a break in the summer according to their Leagues defined breaks? I agree that football is a global game and rightly so but we've had tourneys from USA, South America, South Africa, Japan and not forgetting little ol' Europe when the tourney was scheduled to take place during the 'normal' time spot....This is a total corrupt farce mate....Blatter is gonna be found out big style on this one...may take a good few years but he will be found out!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#27 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

How would it give players a better break in the summer when they already have a break in the summer according to their Leagues defined breaks? I agree that football is a global game and rightly so but we've had tourneys from USA, South America, South Africa, Japan and not forgetting little ol' Europe when the tourney was scheduled to take place during the 'normal' time spot....This is a total corrupt farce mate....Blatter is gonna be found out big style on this one...may take a good few years but he will be found out!

Players who play at World Cup don't get as long a break at end of season cause they have couple weeks in a training camp then potentially 4 weeks playing if they get to the final.

#28 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

The world cup is a summer tournie,some half wit decided to award Qatar this honour knowing full fucking well it was too warm to host it in the summer,crazy decision,bout time that bastard blatter drew his pension

Football changes though through time. I think it's good for the game as it spreads the wealth in football a bit.

#29 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

Would that be the caravan where the sexy bird ye were gonna get a revealing photy of, but didny, stayed..... :P

Send me the picture via PM so I can decide as an admin whether it is worth a look. :)

If they have it in winter then it wouldn't be too bad as quite a few European leagues have a winter break anyway. Leagues would just have to maybe start a couple weeks earlier and finish couple weeks later.

The problem is that the World Cup was awarded as a summer tournament. The criteria during that process can be quite complex, but there is a very simple aspect, which is that it must be played in the summer. It cannot, and should not, be awarded to a country who cannot host it in the summer. 

#30 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,968 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

Send me the picture via PM so I can decide as an admin whether it is worth a look. :)

Its on one of the threads and not worth a look

#31 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,927 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:10 PM

I am glad that the last word in your post, although ending in a 'K', was 'look'........ ;)

#32 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,552 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

It served its purpose :D
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#33 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,927 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

It served its purpose :D

Didny shut ma body down though..... :P

#34 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,552 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

Didny shut ma body down though..... :P

If you had seen what I had seen, it wouldn't have shut down.....
:D
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#35 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,927 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

If you had seen what I had seen, it wouldn't have shut down.....
:D

Can just imagine ye........t15184.gif

#36 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

The problem is that the World Cup was awarded as a summer tournament. The criteria during that process can be quite complex, but there is a very simple aspect, which is that it must be played in the summer. It cannot, and should not, be awarded to a country who cannot host it in the summer.

Are things not allowed to change and evolve?

There was talk of Scottish football changing so season was played during summer.

#37 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,927 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

There was talk of Scottish football changing so season was played during summer.

Fair enough Jay.....Let's change the host country to one that can host it during the established time period?.....

#38 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Things can change and they can evolve. I have no problem with that. However, lets make the rules clear at the start. It was clear to everyone, including Qatar, that it was a summer tournament. They went out of their way to propose air conditioned stadia with that in mind. It was only after it was awarded to Qatar that FIFA started to change their mind about the timing. 

#39 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,091 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

The main problem is that it is so transparently obvious that palms were greased to bring about the choice of two unsuitable venues.

FIFA is a cesspool of vested interests.

Edited by Hairy Scot, 23 July 2013 - 11:45 AM.

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#40 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,386 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

The main problem is that it is so transparently obvious that palms were greased to bring about the choice of two unsuitable venues.

FIFA is a cesspool of vested interests.

Can you safely host a world cup in the summer? 

No.

Ok, we will award it to you anyway, and move the competition to suit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sepp blatter, fifa, world cup, qatar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users