Photo

Sepp Blatter continues to insist that the 2022 World Cup will be played in winter

sepp blatter fifa world cup qatar

• Please log in to reply
298 replies to this topic

#41 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 17,161 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

Fuck off boycie,you yes man,grow a set of plums and tell blatter what you really think

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/23456671

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#42 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 30,374 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

Big Jim will be pleased
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#43 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 66,566 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

Fuckin' pair of weasels......Hairy's correct....palms have been well and truly greased.....

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#44 Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Bah Humbug!

• Members
  • 10,827 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

Fuckin' pair of weasels......Hairy's correct....palms have been well and truly greased.....

I think that was obvious from the outset Dogger. I wouldn't trust any of them further than I could spit.

When all’s said and done it’s only a game.

#45 Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Bah Humbug!

• Members
  • 10,827 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rce=twitterfeed

Jim Boyce saying that despite their objections the EPL will need to accept that competition will be changed to winter due to the heat. I found the part below interesting as surely the sensible decision would not to have agreed to hold it there in the first place.

"I fully understand the Premier League and what is being said here. But it's in nine years' time, not next year or the following year, and would hope people - for the good of football - can sit down and realise a sensible decision has to be made here.

#46 Guest_Goanjock_*

Guest_Goanjock_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Absolutely crazy......if it was going to be played in the winter then that should have been made clear before voting took place. It wasn't which surely makes the vote null and void as the Qatar bid was made under false pretences. Did Qatar nor state in their presentation that they would have full air conditioning within stadiums to cope with the temperature........as if that was ever going to work :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

#47 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 66,566 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

Absolutely crazy......if it was going to be played in the winter then that should have been made clear before voting took place. It wasn't which surely makes the vote null and void as the Qatar bid was made under false pretences. Did Qatar nor state in their presentation that they would have full air conditioning within stadiums to cope with the temperature........as if that was ever going to work :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

My own opinion is that Qatar & Fifa (Blatter) knew fine well that this scenario was going to emerge but kept schtum until after the award had been made.....Corrupt bastards.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#48 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 17,161 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

Surely FIFA cant force the premier league to stop,someone was saying it could affect the EPL  for 3 yrs

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#49 TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

International

• Banned
  • 537 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

If Scotland qualify for the 2022 World Cup I don't think it matters what time of the year it's held or in what country.

They'll still find the heat swealtering and oppressive anyway.

#50 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 17,161 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 07:56 PM

Apparently Europe's top 5 leagues are protesting and  FIFA needs their permission to move the tournament

http://www.dailymail...Qatar-2022.html

Edited by cmon norn iron, 12 August 2013 - 07:57 PM.

#51 johnarob

johnarob

Football Legend

• Members
  • 18,803 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

If Scotland qualify for the 2022 World Cup I don't think it matters what time of the year it's held or in what country.

why?

#52 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,701 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:24 PM

Is there any particular reason for your ill-informed statement, or are you just trying to be a smart bastard? 

ebd35e3c-a27f-4161-aec4-1e507737692f_zps

#53 Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Bah Humbug!

• Members
  • 10,827 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

Is there any particular reason for your ill-informed statement, or are you just trying to be a smart bastard? 

I'll give you one guess mate :roll:

#54 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,701 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

I'll give you one guess mate :roll:

Probably best I don't. Don't fancy a ban :P

ebd35e3c-a27f-4161-aec4-1e507737692f_zps

#55 Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Bah Humbug!

• Members
  • 10,827 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:42 AM

http://iworldcup.org/?p=19485

Blatter Confident That 2022 World Cup Will Be In Winter

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has dropped the biggest hint yet that the World Cup in Qatar will be moved to the winter for the first time. According to the Daily Mail in a meeting with the Associated Press Blatter said hed be more than surprised if the ExCo will not accept the principle you cannot play in summer in Qatar. ‘ It comes after ahead of a proposed meeting on the 3-4 October in Zurich which will determine whether the World Cup will be moved from its traditional summer season. The news will sure to bring anger to the FA who have threatened to pull the national side out of the World Cup if they get there due to the disruption of the league fixtures. There has been uproar since the decision has been made with many calling the decision to host the tournament in Qatar as a fix and a scandal. Greg Dykes new chairman of the FA told the Mirror earlier in the month: You cannot play football in Qatar in June as temperatures will be set to reach 50 degrees.

#56 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 66,566 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

I sincerely hope that countries who qualify for the tournament and who have no desire to have their domestic situation subjected to disruption due to this glaringly corrupt enforcement have the balls to tell FIFA to take a hike!

#57 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 17,161 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Twatter admits FIFA may have fucked up big time made a slight mistake

http://www.standard....er-8805111.html

#58 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 66,566 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

Twatter admits FIFA may have fucked up big time made a slight mistake

http://www.standard....er-8805111.html

Absolutely NO mistake made at ANY time.....All concerned in awarding this tournament in Qatar and also Qatar in receiving it knew this was going to come about. Corruption on a grand scale.

#59 dafcchris

dafcchris

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

I am in favour of them changing the 2022 world cup to winter,sure it will cause a little disruption but that is un-avoidable.

We are Dunfermline this kingdom is ours!

#60 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,300 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

I am in favour of them changing the 2022 world cup to winter,sure it will cause a little disruption but that is un-avoidable.

Why are you for moving to the winter? Is it to accommodate Qatar, or because it would simply be a good idea? If it's the former, I think that we shouldn't have awarded it to a country that couldn't host it during the summer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sepp blatter, fifa, world cup, qatar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users