• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:17 PM

Teams have had plenty of time to get their business sorted. No point leaving it to last minute.

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#22 Arthur Stramash

Arthur Stramash

Football Legend

• Members
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

"It's just something we have to accept," commented manager Ally McCoist.
"The SFA has made the decision and you would have to ask the SFA why they have made that decision.
"We just have to abide by the rules that the SFA put forward, which we will do.
"It probably stopped us by a couple of days possibly being able to purchase a player or two, I believe.
"But that's where we are.

Purchase a player or two? Seems unrealistic. This complaining from Ally has the same sense of mock victimhood about it as the, 'Why were Hearts not given a fine like us' tripe.

If I didn't know better I'd say a lot of people are hurting about Celtic's success ;)

#23 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 70,964 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

Purchase a player or two? Seems unrealistic. This complaining from Ally has the same sense of mock victimhood about it as the, 'Why were Hearts not given a fine like us' tripe.

If I didn't know better I'd say a lot of people are hurting about Celtic's success ;)

Not often I disagree wi ye Arthur but imo that is a load of bollox mate.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#24 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,964 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:57 AM

Indeed, maybe it was also to stop confusion, I mean how confusing would it be to call them the the Rangers? ;-)

Not confusing at all to Rangers fans....they've always been know Rangers, The Rangers the Gers.....might be confusing to others though...... :D

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#25 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,964 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:57 AM

Teams have had plenty of time to get their business sorted. No point leaving it to last minute.

Totally agree wi that Jay.

#26 johnarob

johnarob

Football Legend

• Members
  • 18,803 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:09 AM

Why the need to change anyway?

The deadline should be midnight the day before the 1st league match starts.

As for this decision being made to spite a team, mibbees aye mibbees naw. But as has been pointed out IF that was the case then the only team not affected (most probably) would be the suggested one.

#27 Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Bah Humbug!

• Members
  • 10,827 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:11 AM

Why the need to change anyway?

The deadline should be midnight the day before the 1st league match starts.

As for this decision being made to spite a team, mibbees aye mibbees naw. But as has been pointed out IF that was the case then the only team not affected (most probably) would be the suggested one.

John, Jay and I had this discussion. The leagues can start at different times so at the start of who's league does the window close?

When all’s said and done it’s only a game.

#28 Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Bah Humbug!

• Members
  • 10,827 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:23 AM

So why not have a transfer window of one day in that case. Regardless of how long the transfer window, there will always be a flurry of activity at the last minute, only in this instance everyone else's last minute activity will come 48 hours after ours.

#29 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:47 AM

Shutting the window before the league starts won't work IMO with all the leagues stating at different times. I honestly can't see why the SFA decided we should shut our transfer window on a Saturday when we all realised it was common sense to wait till close of business on Monday. Yet another progressive move from the numb nuts at Hampden

Screenshot%207_zpsld33ztyd.png

#30 Guest_Goanjock_*

Guest_Goanjock_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

I agree with GOM and Bundy's posts as well as the fact that the window should close at the same time throughout Europe. As I mentioned earlier in the thread.......a Scottish club could lose a key player on Sun/Mon and then not be able to replace him.

#31 dafcchris

dafcchris

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

My take on it is UEFA should set the date when the windowshuts and the SFA should have no say in it.

We are Dunfermline this kingdom is ours!

#32 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:27 PM

Maybe they should just scrap transfer window and go back to how it used to be.

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#33 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,432 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

Maybe they should just scrap transfer window and go back to how it used to be.

I agree.

The logic of, and in fact the need for, a transfer window escapes me.

Does any other form of business have such mechanisms in place?

Shit Creek

#34 Arthur Stramash

Arthur Stramash

Football Legend

• Members
  • 2,880 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

Not often I disagree wi ye Arthur but imo that is a load of bollox mate.

Fair enough dug, but it just seems like a lot of mock outrage from AM about an issue that is more or less irrelevant to Ibrox, given the current finances.

#35 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,964 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

Fair enough dug, but it just seems like a lot of mock outrage from AM about an issue that is more or less irrelevant to Ibrox, given the current finances.

I'm not knocking your assessment of McCoist's comment and your opinion of it mate, simply the part where ye say a lot of people hurting at Celtic's success. Celtic's success is obviously good for them, on the field and financially but also it's good for Scottish football as a whole. Two entirely different entities imo............ ;)

#36 johnarob

johnarob

Football Legend

• Members
  • 18,803 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

John, Jay and I had this discussion. The leagues can start at different times so at the start of who's league does the window close?

Maybe the leagues should all start same date?

#37 Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Bah Humbug!

• Members
  • 10,827 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

Maybe the leagues should all start same date?

FFS John, even leagues in the same country don't always start on the same date so what chance to we have of all the European countries coming together for an agreement. 

#38 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

What about the leagues who play summer fitba?

#39 Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Bah Humbug!

• Members
  • 10,827 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

What about the leagues who play summer fitba?

The system that is in use at the moment may not be perfect but if changes are made I think it would just be change for the sake of change and wouldn't necessarily improve on what we currently have. The problem we have with this one is that our own governing body messed up by not keeping us in line with the rest of Europe which could disadvantage our teams.

In the unlikely event that any side were to come in for one or more of Celtic's first choice players before 11pm on Monday and the player was determined to make the move that would mean that Celtic would have no chance of finding replacements and would be heading into the CL group with a weaker squad than we have now.

The same can be applied to any other of the Scottish sides, leaving them with a weakened side to challenge for the league titles.

#40 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

I just don't see the point of us closing our window on Saturday, when they can have it till Monday. Surely the SFA want to maximise their member clubs' potential to sign players?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sfa, uefa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users