• This topic is locked This topic is locked
101 replies to this topic

#1 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,382 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:03 PM

Some comments elsewhere leads me to make the following statement.

When I asked each mod to help out on the forum, I made it clear that if they accept, they remain on the forum as their own person, with the added responsibility of being a mod. They can have their own opinions, whatever they may be, and portray them on the forum, as long as they obviously don’t break any rules. I do not want robots. I want the mods to enjoy the forum as a user, but help out as a mod when needed. If they have a differing opinion than another member, then fine. If they have a differing opinion than me, then that is completely fine as well. What I care about is whether they can moderate fairly, and without bias.

There are a number of mods on the forum, with me as admin. I allow the mods to lock threads, and move posts, but warnings and bans, and other behind the scenes work is done solely by me. When there is a big decision to be made, we make it together. I have the final say in everything, but through discussion I think we have almost exclusively all come to the same conclusion. When acting as moderators I have no doubt that we remove personal feelings and do what we think is fair and best for the forum.  The fact we work together as a group helps ensure that.

The mods help out as a favour to me, as well as giving something back to the forum itself. They, we, do not receive any financial rewards for what can be very hard work. That has to be respected.

If anyone has an issue with any decisions we make, feel free to contact me and we can discuss it via PM.

#2 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 6,466 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

lets count the likes from the other mods - I guess there would have been 5 but not any more after my own post

:)

#3 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

Craig and his cronies run a good ship!

#4 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,223 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

lets count the likes from the other mods - I guess there would have been 5 but not any more after my own post

There's one to kick it off
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#5 ScottyF79

ScottyF79

Football Legend

• Members
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

I think we get away with quite a lot  :-D

Untitled7.png

#6 johnarob

johnarob

Football Legend

• Members
  • 18,803 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

i wont click like

but i will say i have been accused by celtic/rangers/aberdeen fans of showing bias to others, 

my only bias is toward members that take things to far, don't know when to stop and will refuse polite requests.

i personally try not to get involved in certain threads if i can, but that doesn't mean i don't read them or form opinions of others from what they post.

#7 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,405 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

Eh?....No comprende pardnur.....

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#8 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

aka Krys on the SFF Podcast

• 6,474 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:20 AM

Basically, behave or I'm telling Craig on you.

#9 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:21 AM

kept back for a while, been sent umpteen PMs by hairy, not happy with him as a mod, 1 sided and cant see another guys/womans view

thats it hairy, i will be gone or your demoted, simple, the amount  of shit you get away with " as a mod" is shocking" ref to IRA at celtic, fans etc, irish flag political, nonsense, ive had it. you're older and  brought up in a different era, but so are we, but you dont respect all.

camshy for mod.

Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#10 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,978 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

kept back for a while, been sent umpteen PMs by hairy, not happy with him as a mod, 1 sided and cant see another guys/womans view

thats it hairy, i will be gone or your demoted, simple, the amount  of shit you get away with " as a mod" is shocking" ref to IRA at celtic, fans etc, irish flag political, nonsense, ive had it. you're older and  brought up in a different era, but so are we, but you dont respect all.

camshy for mod.

On the contrary, it's you and some of yoy fellow CFC fans who cannot see anyone else's points of view.

Your too wrapped up in your anti-establishment anti-Rangers world

I have respect for a number of things, including those British traditions which you seem to think it's OK for CFC fans to spit on and belittle and then you have the gall to bitch and moan when someone comments on it.

It's apparently also OK for fans of CFC to utilise hearsay and rumour when having a pot at RFC but use of hearsay and rumour is not allowed in any discussion about CFC.

If fans of CFC are so against the establishment in the UK perhaps they should think about relocating.

You really should get up to date on the history of Ireland, CFC, and Glasgow. You may get a few surprises.

Please feel free to publish the PMs to which you refer.

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#11 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:16 AM

On the contrary, it's you and some of yoy fellow CFC fans who cannot see anyone else's points of view.

I have respect for a number of things, including those British traditions which you seem to think it's OK for CFC fans to spit on and belittle and then you have the gall to bitch and moan when someone comments on it.

It's apparently also OK for fans of CFC to utilise hearsay and rumour when having a pot at RFC but use of hearsay and rumour is not allowed in any discussion about CFC.

If fans of CFC are so against the establishment in the UK perhaps they should think about relocating.

You really should get up to date on the history of Ireland, CFC, and Glasgow. You may get a few surprises.

and there you have the joke that is hairy, i will be subdued to craig tomororrow, as always when you disagree with me.

"Your too wrapped up in your anti-establishment anti-Rangers world" ( geta grip, for a mod )

have you ever thought for 1 min that others have a diff view?? fucking unreal the the shit you get away way, even jape and boab seen it and you got them banned, me next eh?

I have respect for a number of things, including those British traditions which you seem to think it's OK for CFC

#12 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:33 AM

thumbup:

Edited by Hoopz, 04 November 2013 - 03:34 AM.

#13 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,978 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:40 AM

and there you have the joke that is hairy, i will be subdued to craig tomororrow, as always when you disagree with me.

"Your too wrapped up in your anti-establishment anti-Rangers world" ( geta grip, for a mod )

have you ever thought for 1 min that others have a diff view?? fucking unreal the the shit you get away way, even jape and boab seen it and you got them banned, me next eh?

I have respect for a number of things, including those British traditions which you seem to think it's OK for CFC

Does being a mod mean that I cannot voice opinions which CFC fans don't like?

Sorry, I didn't know that.

Edited by Hairy Scot, 04 November 2013 - 03:40 AM.

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#14 ScottyF79

ScottyF79

Football Legend

• Members
  • 3,229 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:22 AM

Personally think Craig should just mod himself.

No offence to any of the other mods but i dont see a lot of moderating going on. And to be fair ive probably got away with and been in the wrong more than the mod(s) have been when its came to dealing with me.

Dont know jack on British and Irish history so sadly but thankfully its a debate i can patch. Should a moderator be able to bring up such subjects - of course.....but like above, they should have the facts and knowledge to be able to back up any opinion or view laid out. Many had their say on the soldiers at Ibrox - so i dont see why British and Irish history cant be debated. I dare say it will only be 2 groups that will really get involved anyhow.

Brb - gonna phone the NOMAD for advice.......

Untitled7.png

#15 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:32 AM

The bottom line is that everyone is entitled to their opinion on something, regardless if they're a mod or not. 

We all disagree on things from time to time but as per Scottish fitba, there are always gonna be certain subjects that infuriate some and bore the tits off the rest of us. In general the level of debate is normally good, but when obvious trolling is going on unpunished, it becomes a recipe for disaster. Certain subjects are rather volatile and can be difficult to moderate. People should remember that the moderating team do so for free and at the expense of their own time. Beating them with a stick for having an opinion is pretty poor IMO

Screenshot%207_zpsld33ztyd.png

#16 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:02 AM

The bottom line is that everyone is entitled to their opinion on something, regardless if they're a mod or not.
We all disagree on things from time to time but as per Scottish fitba, there are always gonna be certain subjects that infuriate some and bore the tits off the rest of us. In general the level of debate is normally good, but when obvious trolling is going on unpunished, it becomes a recipe for disaster. Certain subjects are rather volatile and can be difficult to moderate. People should remember that the moderating team do so for free and at the expense of their own time. Beating them with a stick for having an opinion is pretty poor IMO

I totally agree. I've noticed recently the forum has been attracting a few new people on here who seem to just try and be antagonising.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#17 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

aka Krys on the SFF Podcast

• 6,474 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:20 AM

I have no problem with Hairy being a mod. Nor do I agree with everything he says, far from it. Hoopz, if you've got PMs from Hairy that you have an issue with then please send them on to craig. Ultimately this is forum and he would have the final say on anything.

What you guys don't see is we discuss things behind the scenes. Craig has overall power - as he should - but he relies a lot on the advice of all of the mods. I happen to think there's a good balance of mods so that Craig won't be influenced unduly by any one "side". Not that he would anyway!

We try our best to let the forum flow and not intervene too much by locking threads or issuing warnings. There should be an element of self-policing involved and for the most part there is. However, that's not to say we don't notice the antagonising. Several people have been PM'd by Craig to this effect.

And I dunno about the rest of the mods, but I know I've been pulled up for things I've written on here by craig. So please don't think that we're above the rules.

#18 SandyClarksstylist

SandyClarksstylist

Reserve Team Player

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

I think the clue is in the name , Moderator . It is derived from moderate . Having "extreme" views on or against a section of the community is not conducive to being a good Mod . Those who those views are expressed against are never going to see you as a fair and impartial judge .

#19 Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Bah Humbug!

• Members
  • 10,827 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:53 AM

I take it I am one of the fans that you refer to there Hairy. You made a what I would consider a very serious allegation regarding member(s) of the Celtic board have links to a terrorist organisation and I asked you to provide proof of that. The response that I received went along the lines of there are strong rumours and there's no smoke without fire, that to me is no proof whatsoever merely your opinion. I have heard nothing of these rumours that you talk about, then again maybe I'm not looking in the right places. 

With regard to Celtic fans being anti establishment, surely anyone who lives in a free society has the right to question governments, politicians and the laws of the land if they disagree with them. After all is that not sort of freedom that the millions of people who gave their lives in two world wars were fighting for. And if we all to relocate, where exactly should we go?

You go on about Celtic fans and their obsession with something that happened in the early part of the last century in another country, could it not be said that you are doing the same thing but from a different point of view. You say that this had an effect on members of your family but how do you know that it didn't have the same effect on the families of those you are decrying. 

It does come across that you are very bitter with regard to sections of the Irish population and have a major bee in you bonnet about Celtic flying the Irish flag at their stadium and you interpretation of what it represents, can I suggest that it's just a bit of coloured cloth and it's not really worth getting all worked up about. 

When all’s said and done it’s only a game.

#20 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:00 PM

Well said GOM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users