cmon norn iron

A living legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 18,995 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

Phil jones out injured

http://metro.co.uk/2...injury-4192725/

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#22 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

Phil jones out injured

http://metro.co.uk/2...injury-4192725/

Fellaini might get his chance to step up and impress.

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#23 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,995 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

Becks says fergie wasn't the scariest at OT

http://metro.co.uk/2...united-4207383/

Edited by cmon norn iron, 29 November 2013 - 04:09 PM.

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#24 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,995 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

Zaha reminding moyes what he can do with a well taken goal in the under 21's

zaha.gif

#25 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,584 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

Speculation in the papers Moyes is going to off load Anderson and Young in January.........
Also talk of Baines being a target.
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#26 Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Bah Humbug!

• Members
  • 10,827 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes

Things don't get any better for David Moyes RT @PA_dugout: Man Utd striker Robin van Persie will be out for a month with a thigh injury

When all’s said and done it’s only a game.

#27 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,995 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes

Things don't get any better for David Moyes RT @PA_dugout: Man Utd striker Robin van Persie will be out for a month with a thigh injury

Fuck,thats all we need

#28 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,995 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

Utd linked with everton ribeiro who alledgedly says he would join utd before real mardid,he won Brazilian player of the year and looks better than what we have in midfield,good goal here

#29 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,101 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

Great technique!

Blue Wolf.JPG

#30 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,101 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

Is Rio past it?

Rio Ferdinand set to leave Manchester United in summer as David Moyes calls time on his career

http://www.telegraph...his-career.html

Edited by Hairy Scot, 26 December 2013 - 12:23 AM.

Blue Wolf.JPG

#31 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

Is Rio past it?

http://www.telegraph...his-career.html

Unfortunately, AYE. As great a player as he's been for us, he was always going to slow down eventually. He is struggling at this level now with the quality of opponents he is up against. His diet and fitness program may help keep him in shape, but it won't add that extra couple of yards of pace he's missing.

Screenshot%207_zpsld33ztyd.png

#32 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,978 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

What's the latest script wi Zaha you Utd guys?

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#33 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

Unfortunately, AYE. As great a player as he's been for us, he was always going to slow down eventually. He is struggling at this level now with the quality of opponents he is up against. His diet and fitness program may help keep him in shape, but it won't add that extra couple of yards of pace he's missing.

A bit like Steve Bruce is it?? I remember a few years ago when Liverpool played United and Fowler and McManaman absolutely took the piss out of him as he had become too slow, despite all the great years of service Fergie wasted no time in getting a replacement in and moving Bruce aside, sentiment only goes so far in football, that is one of the reasons I think why United won so many trophies, Fergie always new when to move players on

Edited by sheeptastic, 27 December 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#34 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:39 AM

A bit like Steve Bruce is it?? I remember a few years ago when Liverpool played United and Fowler and McManaman absolutely took the piss out of him as he had become too slow, despite all the great years of service Fergie wasted no time in getting a replacement in and moving Bruce aside, sentiment only goes so far in football, that is one of the reasons I think why United won so many trophies, Fergie always new when to move players on

Sheepy if that were true we wouldn't have Nani, Valencia, Young, Cleverley, Anderson in our squad. Admittedly, Cleverley still does a job, but IMO none of them are good enough for us and should have been moved on

#35 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

What's the latest script wi Zaha you Utd guys?

Last I heard he may be going out on loan but  I'd rather Moyes stopped fucking about and gave him a run of games

#36 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,978 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

Last I heard he may be going out on loan but  I'd rather Moyes stopped fucking about and gave him a run of games

On loan again? Jeezo, lad must be feeling pissed off I reckon.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#37 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

Sheepy if that were true we wouldn't have Nani, Valencia, Young, Cleverley, Anderson in our squad. Admittedly, Cleverley still does a job, but IMO none of them are good enough for us and should have been moved on

I suppose that goes to the heart of the argument doesn't it.  One that Moyes has not moved on certain players and two that some people has suggested that Fergie might have known his time was coming and not run players out of United that he would have done years ago, I'm not saying that but others are, but you are the United fan so what do you think?  I guess the other side to it is does a manager make that much difference short term as the United squad is largely the same as last year, mind you look at Crysta lPalace, a manager seems to have made a difference there recently

#38 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

I suppose that goes to the heart of the argument doesn't it.  One that Moyes has not moved on certain players and two that some people has suggested that Fergie might have known his time was coming and not run players out of United that he would have done years ago, I'm not saying that but others are, but you are the United fan so what do you think?  I guess the other side to it is does a manager make that much difference short term as the United squad is largely the same as last year, mind you look at Crysta lPalace, a manager seems to have made a difference there recently

It would have made little sense for Moyes to just come in and punt a pile of players. Everyone saw how poor we were in the transfer market in the summer. We would have been seriously weakened if we had binned those players. He needs time to look them over. Two things that have worried me though, he gave Nani a new contract and paid stupid money for Fellaini when it was obvious we needed Baines more. 

Regards Fergie, I think he just put too much faith in those players. He was putting hard work before quality and while that may work sometimes, eventually you get found out. Sadly, our squad is being found out big time this season

#39 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

On loan again? Jeezo, lad must be feeling pissed off I reckon.

Bit of a mixed bag really Dug. Like me, a lot of fans think he's due his chance but similarly, loads don't think he's ready yet, and far from the finished article. They would rather see Nani and Valencia played  :roll:

#40 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

It would have made little sense for Moyes to just come in and punt a pile of players. Everyone saw how poor we were in the transfer market in the summer. We would have been seriously weakened if we had binned those players. He needs time to look them over. Two things that have worried me though, he gave Nani a new contract and paid stupid money for Fellaini when it was obvious we needed Baines more. 

Regards Fergie, I think he just put too much faith in those players. He was putting hard work before quality and while that may work sometimes, eventually you get found out. Sadly, our squad is being found out big time this season

I would have expected a couple more in and a couple more out but understand why he would not have moved on any.  Mind you in saying that he did know for some time before the summer he was going to be the managers so surely had a bit of time to think of his squad for the following season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users