• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#41 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 33,014 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

I will be to busy ripping the heed off it to let anyone know if she does full frontal.

Too much information Zander :lol:
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#42 dufunk

dufunk

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

Have done up to episode 4 really gd so far nearly hooked,  in ep 1 i saw the cliffs of binevanagh were your man got beheaded and ep 3 the disused quarry magheramorne outside larne.  So many places used cushendun caves, ballycarry castle, shanes castle, tullymore forest, some castles near bangor and strangford, dunhill beach etc. 

Edited by dufunk, 22 October 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#43 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

Have done up to episode 4 really gd so far nearly hooked,  in ep 1 i saw the cliffs of binevanagh were your man got beheaded and ep 3 the disused quarry magheramorne outside larne.  So many places used cushendun caves, ballycarry castle, shanes castle, tullymore forest, some castles near bangor and strangford, dunhill beach etc. 

It's a quality show, but make sure you avoid spoilers.

#44 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

aka Krys on the SFF Podcast

• 6,474 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

We watched the first two seasons while the third one was showing on Sky. It was really annoying when I heard two words at work that referred to events in the penultimate episode of season three.

Fortunately, those words in no way spoiled the surprise.

And you probably know the two words I'm talking about if you've seen it.

#45 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

We watched the first two seasons while the third one was showing on Sky. It was really annoying when I heard two words at work that referred to events in the penultimate episode of season three.

Fortunately, those words in no way spoiled the surprise.

And you probably know the two words I'm talking about if you've seen it.

I've seen it, but have forgotten the two words. Don't tell me on here though, in case it spoils it for others. 

#46 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

• 6,474 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

I've seen it, but have forgotten the two words. Don't tell me on here though, in case it spoils it for others. 

This forum needs spoiler tags.

Hang on...

Spoiler

Cool. Don't click that if you haven't seen season three.

#47 Robert

Robert

International

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

Hang on...

Spoiler

Brilliant episode in a brilliant series. Love it.
Concordia Cum Veritate

#48 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hang on...

Spoiler

aha, I get you now

#49 dufunk

dufunk

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:47 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jbnHpJC7NWI

#50 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

• 6,474 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

Season 4 preview!

#51 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

I cannot wait. I will hopefully watch it at the same speed as everyone else for the first time, so I can get the banter.

#52 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,741 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

I cannot wait. I will hopefully watch it at the same speed as everyone else for the first time, so I can get the banter.

Does someone in your house usually watch it in fast forward ? :D
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#53 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

Does someone in your house usually watch it in fast forward ? :D

I only started watching it from the start during the last series. I had to avoid all the spoilers from colleagues and everywhere else.

#54 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

• 6,474 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

I only started watching it from the start during the last series. I had to avoid all the spoilers from colleagues and everywhere else.

I was the same. I was just finishing season two when the Metro spoilers issue hit. I'll be keeping up this season, at least with Sky Atlantic's showing of it.

#55 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,347 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

Smashing show, hoping Joffrey gets his comeuppance this season

#56 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

I was the same. I was just finishing season two when the Metro spoilers issue hit. I'll be keeping up this season, at least with Sky Atlantic's showing of it.

I heard they are showing it the day after America, so it should be easier to avoid spoilers, although there is always a danger if you tape it.

#57 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

• 6,474 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

I heard they are showing it the day after America, so it should be easier to avoid spoilers, although there is always a danger if you tape it.

I always maintain that if you record it then it's up to you to avoid the spoilers. The rest of us shouldn't have to wait to discuss it.

#58 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,271 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:33 AM

Just downloaded Episode 1 of Season 4.

If you're new to Game of Thrones try to imagine it as every BBC medieval costume drama ever made, but with lots more blood and nudity. Oh, and snow zombies and dragons. When last we left Westeros, Martin, as is his wont, has killed off an astounding number of fan favourite characters, but he's been doing that since the first episode and he's got plenty of spares to kill off yet.

The warring Kingdoms of Westeros are populated by any number of noble houses and grand families just waiting to sneak into your affections, where they can die screaming. So many in fact that keeping them straight is all but impossible without a PhD level commitment to studying and revising the books and the television series.

If you're not up for a 30-hour binge of the first three series, or a month of reading the half dozen, brick-sized novels, just remember it's basically a family feud between the grim but honest Starks - who are very nice, if somewhat brutal overlords, and not at all stuck up - and the magnificent but appalling Lannisters - who aren't very nice overlords at all, but very good at it.

Every other royal and noble House and family in Westeros revolves around them. Sort of. Except when every other royal and noble House and family in Westeros is scheming and plotting and warring and betraying each other in pursuit of their own ignoble goals.

It all starts with the Starks. Well, no, sorry it starts with the First Men, but we start with the Starks, specifically Ned Stark, who's a bit of a hard nut and given to lopping off the heads of those who displease him. It's OK though, because he feels really bad about all the head lopping, bad enough that we feel just terrible when Joffrey, a Lannister, takes his.

Joffrey is the "boy king", the son of Ned's best mate, Dead King Robert, who used to be a hard nut, until he had too much fun being king and turned into a rum-soaked jelly donut, who was killed by a wild hog. Except - and pay close attention here - Robert shouldn't have been king in the first place, because he had to kill Mad King Aerys to pinch the crown for himself. But that's OK because as illegitimate as Robert's claim to the throne might have been, his son Joffrey's claim is even dodgier. Because he's not Robert's son. He's the secret bastard love child of Robert's wife Cersei Lannister and - waaaaait for it - her twin brother, Jaime.

Jamie, who is better known as the Kingslayer, totally killed Aerys, even though he was his sworn bodyguard. In Jaime's defence, his odious murder of Aerys ended a war. But Joffrey's murder of Ned starts one.

Perhaps, given all of this backstory emerged in the opening minutes of the first episode, and there's another 29 to go, it might help to jump forward to the last chapter of the last season and ask who's still drawing breath.

Almost nobody, it seems. The Stark family, or House Stark in Throne-speak, who looked like such conventional heroes at the beginning, have mostly been slaughtered or scattered.

The Lannisters, who looked like such conventional villains to begin with, are not just riding high, having slaughtered and scattered all those Starks, but a couple of them - gallant little Tyrion and his big, blonde, handsome, sister-diddling brother Jaime - even have a shot at moral redemption. That can't possibly end well.

And of course there's still the snow zombies shuffling down from the frozen wastes of the North, and Mad King Aerys' only living child, the formidable Daenerys, her dragons and that large army of eunuch slave solders she picked up somewhere, sulking off stage across the Summer Sea.

If she ever turns up in Westeros, everybody is gonna have some 'splaining to do.

But don't try to follow the plot too closely. Half of your favourite characters will be probably dead by the end of this fourth season anyway.

Shit Creek

#59 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

• 6,474 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

I've recorded the 2am showing of it so I can watch it when I get home after work, before the football and the podcast tonight. There's yer planning!

#60 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,271 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:08 PM

I've recorded the 2am showing of it so I can watch it when I get home after work, before the football and the podcast tonight. There's yer planning!

Want to know what happens?     :twisted:

Spoiler

Shit Creek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users