• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

Glenafton play Hurlford in an all Ayrshire final. It could be a tasty affair as Hurlford manager Darren Henderson moved there from Glens in the summer. A few players followed him too.

Glens have a couple of ex Talbot players - goalie Brian McGarrity who is wee for a keeper but very agile and Michael Reilly who is a midfielder or attacker. Their best player in my opinion is young local lad Robin McChesney who plays centre back. Glens finished 6th in West Superleague.

Hurlford have ex pro Stewart Kean who plays up front. They have good financial backing and have moved up the leagues in last couple of seasons. This year they finished 3rd in West Superleague.

The game is at Rugby Park and is live on Alba from 4pm.

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 69,848 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

Was going to start a thread earlier but thought I'd wait a while for someone who follows a Junior team like yersel to start it....Just seemed right. I know, I'm a sentimental sod..... :D

DnV6Da1.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

Was going to start a thread earlier but thought I'd wait a while for someone who follows a Junior team like yersel to start it....Just seemed right. I know, I'm a sentimental sod..... :D

Nice one. Thought I'd try and give a wee insight in to the teams.

#4 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,848 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 02:07 PM

Nice one. Thought I'd try and give a wee insight in to the teams.

I've got a couple of bets on the game for an interest....BTTS & also I've got Kean of Hurlford for FGS. Any thoughts on this as I just went by the odds ?

DnV6Da1.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#5 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,384 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

This is a good game for BBC Alba to pick up. Commercially it may not make sense, but there is an audience for it.

#6 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,848 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

I've got a couple of bets on the game for an interest....BTTS & also I've got Kean of Hurlford for FGS. Any thoughts on this as I just went by the odds ?

BOOOOOM!....Kean 1st goal scorer thanks to a penalty given to Hurlford.....'Mon the Glen....... :D

Edited by black dog, 01 June 2014 - 03:14 PM.

DnV6Da1.gif

#7 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:39 PM

Good bet mate. Shocked at McChesney, always plays well against Talbot. Gives away two penalties and is red carded within half an hour.

#8 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,848 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:39 PM

2nd pen to Hurlford...Glenafton have a player sent off.....2-0....Hurlford. Pu' yer fingers oot Glens!

DnV6Da1.gif

#9 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,848 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:50 PM

Admittedly I know heehaw about the Juniors scene but Glenafton are fucking shocking!

BTW....think the ref's having an excellent game!

Edited by black dog, 01 June 2014 - 03:50 PM.

DnV6Da1.gif

#10 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,848 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

Glens miss a great chance...'Mon the Glens...gies a goal FFS!!!!!

DnV6Da1.gif

#11 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,848 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

0-3 Hurlford...Glens are fucking woeful!

DnV6Da1.gif

#12 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,848 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

0-3 final score to Hurlford....Glenafton were fucking woeful....seen better in schoolboy fitba....

DnV6Da1.gif

#13 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

Aye, they were poor. Thoughts on decision for first penalty? I thought the referee got it wrong.

#14 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,848 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Aye, they were poor. Thoughts on decision for first penalty? I thought the referee got it wrong.

One of these that could have gone either way Jay....wouldn't blame the ref....cracking 3rd for Hurlford though!

DnV6Da1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users