• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,393 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

The head of the Scottish Football Association referees will investigate the costs of introducing vanishing spray to help senior referees in Scotland.

Officials have been gearing up for the new campaign by going through intense physical and mental assessments at an SFA get-together where the use of spray was on the agenda.

The spray won widespread approval when it was used to positive effect during this summer's World Cup in Brazil.

The SFA head of referee operations John Fleming said: "The vanishing spray is a tool that can assist the referee during the game but I don't see a great need for it here in Scotland. However, I will investigate the costs and see if it is practical to bring it in."

I can't see why they wouldn't introduce it. The cans must be cheap, because they seem to be little more than a tweaked recipe for shaving foam. A can must last a good few matches (depending on number of incidents of course).

#2 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:30 AM

When I saw the title I thought it was about an extra strong insecticide.                                   :lol:

Edited by Hairy Scot, 30 July 2014 - 08:30 AM.

Shit Creek

#3 Gusmeister

Gusmeister

Football Legend

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

They were talking to Howard Webb(i think) on SSN there and the reporter asked him if it was easy to use.  FFS, I don't think extensive training will be required here

#4 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,963 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

They were talking to Howard Webb(i think) on SSN there and the reporter asked him if it was easy to use.  FFS, I don't think extensive training will be required here

Dunno Gus...Health and safety mate....Hi Viz yellow jackets, hard hats....must be some fucking local council regulation to be overcome!

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#5 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,963 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

When I saw the title I thought it was about an extra strong insecticide.                                   :lol:

I, pervertedly, thought it was to do with golden showers.....Still....

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#6 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:58 PM

It is being introduced in English Premier league and UEFA competitions.

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users