• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:43 AM

Roy Keane's latest autobiography is out and it seems that every highlight has been plastered all over the media and Twitter.

He has said that he didn't set out to injure Alf Inge Haaland. He wanted to hurt him, not injure him. He says he is a professional and knows how to injure someone, but didn't try to this time. He may be a professional, but he must be daft if he thinks we believe him.

His rift with Fergie and Querez is mentioned. It seems that the only thing Keane regrets is that he apologised to them both. 

He also comments on Ferdinand's missed drug test. Of course he wouldn't have forgotten about it. Forgetting (if that's what happened) is not something people set out to do, therefore you cannot say with certainty that you wouldn't have forgotten. http://www.dailyreco...-missed-4390179

I would like to read this, but I am not sure that I could do it without getting angry.

#2 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 39,744 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:47 AM

Seen his beard yesterday , not a good look.

I won't read it hes to arrogant.
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#3 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:01 AM

Apparently he discussed the Celtic job and stated that he was told he couldn't pick his back room staff.

#4 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:17 AM

This is one biography I won't be reading sadly. 

Always regarded Keane as a United legend and a great leader on the pitch. Over time, a guy who looked like a future successor to Fergie, morphed into a feckin chocolate starfish. Training ground bust ups, scathing attacks on team-mates, and a growing lack of respect for club staff were becoming more and more commonplace. His ego was getting too big for even Keane to handle. He couldn't/wouldn't control himself as he thought he was above reproach because of his past glories and service to the club. His 'tackle' on Haaland was an act of thuggery and I've often slated him for it. As if that wasn't bad enough, to come out and admit it as if that qualified his actions beggared belief. Not long after, he made a right cunt of himself at the World Cup, walking out. The incident where he elbowed Jason McAteer a while later, IMO finally signalled the real decline of Keane. Constant bickering with the team, criticising the coaches and then the bust up with Queiroz and then Fergie, meant it was definitely time for him to go.

His career after playing, has hardly been fantastic either. Poor spells as manager followed by his job as a pundit for ITV, where he looks like he is bullying the guys around him, make him all the easier to dislike. 

I've no doubt he'll make a few bob off the book but it will do nothing to enhance his reputation 

Screenshot%207_zpsld33ztyd.png

#5 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:01 AM

Too many lies in the first book for me.....

#6 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:02 AM

Too many lies in the first book for me.....

To be fair he was tired though.
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#7 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:19 AM

This is one biography I won't be reading sadly. 

Always regarded Keane as a United legend and a great leader on the pitch. Over time, a guy who looked like a future successor to Fergie, morphed into a feckin chocolate starfish. Training ground bust ups, scathing attacks on team-mates, and a growing lack of respect for club staff were becoming more and more commonplace. His ego was getting too big for even Keane to handle. He couldn't/wouldn't control himself as he thought he was above reproach because of his past glories and service to the club. His 'tackle' on Haaland was an act of thuggery and I've often slated him for it. As if that wasn't bad enough, to come out and admit it as if that qualified his actions beggared belief. Not long after, he made a right cunt of himself at the World Cup, walking out. The incident where he elbowed Jason McAteer a while later, IMO finally signalled the real decline of Keane. Constant bickering with the team, criticising the coaches and then the bust up with Queiroz and then Fergie, meant it was definitely time for him to go.

His career after playing, has hardly been fantastic either. Poor spells as manager followed by his job as a pundit for ITV, where he looks like he is bullying the guys around him, make him all the easier to dislike. 

I've no doubt he'll make a few bob off the book but it will do nothing to enhance his reputation 

I was shocked when he got the ROI job and then brought up his World Cup incident during the press conference. He lacks class. 

#8 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:21 AM

Last three words sum him up nicely Craig

#9 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:33 PM

To be fair he was tired though.

:D

Hope he done research this time round......

Great player mind.....

#10 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,433 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:20 PM

He is his own worst enemy.

Too easily riled.

Shit Creek

#11 Guest_Goanjock_*

Guest_Goanjock_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:35 PM

The jury is still out for me.....he seems to have brought something to Villa and rightly or wrongly he certainly seems to say what he thinks ;-)

#12 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:54 PM

The jury is still out for me.....he seems to have brought something to Villa and rightly or wrongly he certainly seems to say what he thinks ;-)

It's just a shame that the majority of the time, what he has to say simply isn't productive. Always tries to make himself lok the big/clever man when instead he just comes across as an arsehole

#13 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:58 PM

He's admitted in the book to headbutting schmeicel

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#14 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 08:23 PM

Norm, I could have told ye that already haha.

#15 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:45 AM

Grade A egotistical fud as a player - whether he was good or not - and has matured in to an older, not wiser Grade A egotistical fud.

#16 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

aka Krys on the SFF Podcast

• 6,474 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:53 AM

Grade A egotistical fud as a player - whether he was good or not - and has matured in to an older, not wiser Grade A egotistical fud.

Yeah, precisely this. I find it hilarious that the English media are basically laughing at all of these quotes and yet the Scottish media have lapped them up as an excuse to put the boot into Celtic and Deila.

The Robbie Savage one summed it up for me. To think that an aging Savage was EPL class was ridiculous to start with, but to not sign him purely because you didn't like his greeting?! Not only is that ridiculously petty, but did you not know about Savage's personality before that phone call? Seem pretty unlikely given you knew about his ability when he was in his prime!

#17 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:51 PM

I don't think by reading his book, anyone will learn anything new about Keane. We already know he's a roaster. Yes, he was captain of the club through a fair bit of our most successful period but there was a whole squad of players contributing to that cause, not just the class bully. 

What's a real shame, is that I'll always remember him for all the wrong reasons

#18 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

aka Krys on the SFF Podcast

• 6,474 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:48 AM

I don't think by reading his book, anyone will learn anything new about Keane. We already know he's a roaster. Yes, he was captain of the club through a fair bit of our most successful period but there was a whole squad of players contributing to that cause, not just the class bully. 

What's a real shame, is that I'll always remember him for all the wrong reasons

Precisely. I'd rather think of Roy Keane the midfielder who put in that wonderful performance against Juventus despite knowing he'd be banned from the 1999 Champions League final. Sadly I spend too much time thinking of Roy Keane the opinionated bell end.

#19 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:48 AM

Why are outlets like STV allowed to have the following as a quote, when he didn't actually say that?

headline quote:

Roy Keane: 'I was tenth choice for Celtic manager's position'

quote within article:

"With Celtic I was probably about tenth choice."

#20 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:59 PM

A decent quote from his book about Cantona;

“In my early years at United, there was a players’ pool and each of us would get about £800 out of it at the end of the season for the work we’d done for the in-house magazines, the club videos.

We were all on decent money and eight hundred quid wasn’t going to make or break us, so one time, we decided to put all the cheques into a hat and the last cheque out, whoever’s name was on it, got to keep all of the cheques.
“We all put our cheques in except a couple of the younger players – I think it was Becks and Gary and Phil (Neville).

They opted out. They were new on the scene and didn’t have the money to spare, but Scholesy and Nicky Butt put their cheques in.

I think I was the third last name out, so I got a run for my money, but the last cheque out – Eric Cantona. He’d won about sixteen grand.

He came in the next day, there was plenty of banter – ‘Eric, you lucky b——!’ F—— money to money.

But he had got somebody to cash the cheques, he’d split the money in two and he gave it to Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt because, he said, the two of them had the balls to go into it when they couldn’t really afford it.
“The two lads took home about eight grand each.

I just thought, ‘what a gesture.’ Nobody else would have done it.”

What a hero! Eric Cantona is cool personified.

:)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roy keane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users