• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:41 PM

Roy Keane has made some interesting comments regarding the Everton team and seems to be hinting that the club shouldn't be pushing their players so hard when they have big international games coming up. I know there has long been the club vs country argument, but I can't remember hearing an international (assistant) manager come out and say/hint this. I can't see Martinez being too sympathetic. 

He said in the Daily Mail: “I worry that he (McCarthy) is under lots of pressure, particularly from Everton’s point of view.

“Because every time there is an international match it does seem to be Seamus (Coleman) and James (McCarthy) under lots of pressure. They’re turning up or they mightn’t turn up, or they’re struggling.

“You always get the impression from Everton that Seamus and James are both barely able to walk, that type of thing. So when they actually turn up and they are walking through the reception, ‘Praise the Lord, it’s a miracle’.”

#2 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 33,289 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:27 PM

Guys full of shit......

A male Katie Hopkins.

#3 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 17,877 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 09:41 PM

I get what he is saying, sometimes national managers are almost scared to play players (May be more in friendly games) for fear of the moaning from their club managers incase they pick up injuries.

I have often seen players pulled out of squads for mid week friendlies yet surprise surprise fit for their club at the weekend!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roy keane, everton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users