Podcast Topics

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,250 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:14 PM

Since Craig always forgets I thought it best to get this in early, any ideas that the lads may pick on that you feel needs discussed.

1- Rangers board now ousted, i think it is good news for Rangers fans that King has managed to oust the vermin that were in control. We all know of Kings past with the SA tax man but i think this can only be good for the club and can finally move forward without dodgy dealings we hope.......whats the "panels"  :razz:  view.

2 - About new managers coming into clubs, again Im relating it to Rangers but its relevant in general. A new man will obviously be coming in but is it more beneficial to come in now and put your mark in the team, get to know who you wnat to keep, who you want rid off......all the while coming into a team that is rock bottom in condfidence, this could potentially stay the same until the end of season.

Are you better waiting to the season finishes.

3 -  Who is goin down, its looking almost impossible to call and must be a real knife edge for fans of the clubs involved. Who is everyones money on ?

4 - Who is going up to join the top table ?

5 - Top scorer in top league - this season the goals dont seem to be fallinig to one guy but seem more spread out throughout most of the teams, who is going to finish the season as most prolific ?

6 - Scotland squad - with the upcoming international coming up at the end of the month its looking like a dead cert that MacKay Steven and Armstrong will be selected and going by the form they are in they could well be in the starting 11.........why is it when these players suddenly move to the big boys they are viewed differently and start getting picked.

Its not a dig at the big boys but more the attitude of most managers we have had in regard to guys who are clearly in form while playing for the less glam clubs. 

Look at the Aberdeen defence for example, had one of them been signed for Celtic then he may well be selected. Why does the club you play for effect if you get selected.

#2 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:44 PM

Since Craig always forgets I thought it best to get this in early, any ideas that the lads may pick on that you feel needs discussed.

1- Rangers board now ousted, i think it is good news for Rangers fans that King has managed to oust the vermin that were in control. We all know of Kings past with the SA tax man but i think this can only be good for the club and can finally move forward without dodgy dealings we hope.......whats the "panels" :razz: view.

2 - About new managers coming into clubs, again Im relating it to Rangers but its relevant in general. A new man will obviously be coming in but is it more beneficial to come in now and put your mark in the team, get to know who you wnat to keep, who you want rid off......all the while coming into a team that is rock bottom in condfidence, this could potentially stay the same until the end of season.

3 - Who is goin down, its looking almost impossible to call and must be a real knife edge for fans of the clubs involved. Who is everyones money on ?

5 - Top scorer in top league - this season the goals dont seem to be fallinig to one guy but seem more spread out throughout most of the teams, who is going to finish the season as most prolific ?

6 - Scotland squad - with the upcoming international coming up at the end of the month its looking like a dead cert that MacKay Steven and Armstrong will be selected and going by the form they are in they could well be in the starting 11.........why is it when these players suddenly move to the big boys they are viewed differently and start getting picked.
Its not a dig at the big boys but more the attitude of most managers we have had in regard to guys who are clearly in form while playing for the less glam clubs.
Look at the Aberdeen defence for example, had one of them been signed for Celtic then he may well be selected. Why does the club you play for effect if you get selected.

We'll probably discuss Rangers and what future may hold.

Relegation battle is often discussed and will be till end of season. Same with playoffs.

Scotland thing will probably be discussed when squad is announced.

Edited by jaybee1978, 03 March 2015 - 09:44 PM.

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#3 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 39,032 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:53 PM

Pie talk is a must.
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#4 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:36 PM

Pie talk is a must.

Any word from fast Eddie about Falkirks pie?

#5 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,391 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:46 PM

Any word from fast Eddie about Falkirks pie?

I once had a pie at Brockville....burnt my bloody mouth wi the bovril though. Pie was pretty greasy. Probably around 40 years ago mind ye..... :D

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#6 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:58 PM

Pie talk is a must.

I'd love for teams in Scotland to send us their pies to sample.

#7 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

aka Krys on the SFF Podcast

• 6,474 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:40 PM

I'll second this motion.

#8 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,382 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:38 PM

Yip, I agree.

#9 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:50 PM

I'll buy you one from Tynie and post it to you!

#10 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,382 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:10 PM

1- Rangers board now ousted, i think it is good news for Rangers fans that King has managed to oust the vermin that were in control. We all know of Kings past with the SA tax man but i think this can only be good for the club and can finally move forward without dodgy dealings we hope.......whats the "panels"  :razz:  view.

3 -  Who is goin down, its looking almost impossible to call and must be a real knife edge for fans of the clubs involved. Who is everyones money on ?

1,2 and 5 were discussed in the podcast this week.

#11 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,032 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:10 PM

pie talk discussed?

Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#12 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,250 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:15 PM

Putting it up so I can listen on my cycle to work in the morning Craig ?

#13 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,382 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:26 PM

Putting it up so I can listen on my cycle to work in the morning Craig ?

I'm editing it now.

#14 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,382 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:27 PM

pie talk discussed?

There was no pie chat. I hadn't been to a game, so hadn't had a pie.

#15 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:30 PM

There was no pie chat. I hadn't been to a game, so hadn't had a pie.

Booooooooo

#16 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

• 6,474 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:30 PM

Greig mention 3 as well.

#17 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,382 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

Greig mention 3 as well.

he did

#18 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:22 PM

Plenty to talk about tonight

Premiership games and ongoing title race plus relegation
Celtic cup win
Scotland squad announced
McCall appointment
Charity bet
Predictor

Anything else?

#19 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,382 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:30 PM

Plenty to talk about tonight

Premiership games and ongoing title race plus relegation
Celtic cup win
Scotland squad announced
McCall appointment
Charity bet
Predictor

Anything else?

I look forward to listening.

#20 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

• 6,474 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

I look forward to listening.

I think you should wait until Saturday afternoon to listen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users