• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 19,466 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:15 PM

NI fully deserve that for the great results in recent competitive games.
With cammy though on friendlies , they should never count as ranking points.

I agree on friendlies but then any country that hosts a tournament will tumble doen the rankings as they will only play friendlies for 18 months

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#22 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:17 PM

All of it Norn but Wales being abive England in particular, they are so.far ahead of the other home nations its a red neck

It's results based,England have no divine right to be far ahead of other home countries,tbh i think this is the worst England team i have ever saw

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#23 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,433 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:24 PM

You may well be right but my point is they are far superior to any of the home nations and the Republic, be great getting up those rankings as it makes life easier but I have always hated them even when Scotland were ranked a lot higher............should really do away with the whole lot IMO but that will never happen.

Fairness and sporting integrity in these situations should always be at the forefront no matter if you are Malta or the mighty Brazil.

#24 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,433 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:25 PM

Will add great to see NI moving up as its hard enough for countries like ours and Wales given the standard in our respective countries

#25 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

You may well be right but my point is they are far superior to any of the home nations and the Republic, be great getting up those rankings as it makes life easier but I have always hated them even when Scotland were ranked a lot higher............should really do away with the whole lot IMO but that will never happen.

Fairness and sporting integrity in these situations should always be at the forefront no matter if you are Malta or the mighty Brazil.

You do away with rankings and you end up with

GROUP A
Andorra
San Marino
Malta
Gibraltar
Kosovo

GROUP B
Spain
Germany
France
Portugal
Italy

Is that what you want Cam?

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#26 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,283 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:45 PM

You do away with rankings and you end up with

GROUP A
Andorra
San Marino
Malta
Gibraltar
Kosovo

GROUP B
Spain
Germany
France
Portugal
Italy

Is that what you want Cam?

Thats what I want, luck of the draw,

FIFA rankings are a joke, have never made sense to me, though we deserve some credit for our run off form

#27 sployal

sployal

Hall Of Fame

• 1,693 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:01 PM

Scotland 43rd ya fuckin beauty, win our next 2 games still probably won't qualify for playoffs but should get up to top 20.

#28 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,741 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:19 PM

I agree on friendlies but then any country that hosts a tournament will tumble doen the rankings as they will only play friendlies for 18 months

True , make them have to qualify imo

Shouldn't get auto entry just cause you're the host for me
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#29 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:21 PM

True , make them have to qualify imo
Shouldn't get auto entry just cause you're the host for me

I agree with that,years ago the holders got auto entry and that was binned so why not

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#30 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,433 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:18 PM

Yeah Norn that's how I would like to see it, a fair system and as LB says "luck of the draw". I cant remember seeing groups that were as shit as the one you posted before the seeding came into effect but there is a chance of that, the way it should be. The seeding system is wrong as it stands because these teams not only get an easier draw in the qualification process they are also seeded if it goes to a play off then the seeding comes into effect in the actual tournament proper too..............that's not right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users