Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:20 PM

#42 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 10:52 AM

Only team in UK without a win.

Nice to see my tax money being pissed away by this complete joke of a club!!

Had a father and son, who are St Mirren season ticket holders, tell me earlier they are considering buying half season tickets for Ibrox!

This club sacked the very successful Danny Lennon and replaced him with that wee snake in the grass Tommy Craig and it's been downhill ever since.

Support have turned their backs on the club and it will only get worse next season when they are playing in the third tier and are part time.

Will Fat Boy keep bank rolling the 'fans' buyout ? He didn't become one of Scotland's most successful career criminals by throwing good money after bad.

Hard times ahead for the Buddies. I've a few good friends who are season ticket holders and I feel for them and the few hundred hard core buddies.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#43 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,965 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

St Mirren leading Ayr 6-2....couple of minutes to go....some result for the Saints.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#44 Kling Klong

Kling Klong

The Token Cypriot

• 1,115 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:45 PM

Geez...St Mirren looking like title contenders at the moment. 5 wins in their last 7.

#45 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

Geez...St Mirren looking like title contenders at the moment. 5 wins in their last 7.

Klong we are definitely close to the top of the form League in the last couple of months.  I'll be happier once we're off the bottom of the league but the progress since Jack has arrived is there in the results.

#46 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:24 PM

St Mirren leading Ayr 6-2....couple of minutes to go....some result for the Saints.

Fair play to Ian McColl (and I won't say that often) but he made no excuses.

#47 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:08 PM

Fair play to The Buddies as they are doing a wee deal tomorrow and i believe i am getting in for a tenner. Big game for the Buddies and as much as i like to wind them up i would hate to see them go down another level. Hoping for a decent game and hopefully the St Mirren 'supporters' that spend all Saturday afternoon in the local pubs blaming the Old Firm for all their ills will get off their backsides and back the club they 'support'!!

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#48 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:24 PM

Fair play to The Buddies as they are doing a wee deal tomorrow and i believe i am getting in for a tenner. Big game for the Buddies and as much as i like to wind them up i would hate to see them go down another level. Hoping for a decent game and hopefully the St Mirren 'supporters' that spend all Saturday afternoon in the local pubs blaming the Old Firm for all their ills will get off their backsides and back the club they 'support'!!

Your dig at so called 'supporters' is hilarious. Do you not remember how Ibrox looked in the mid 80s? What's your excuse?

I saw myself on Scotsport in a televised game at Ibrox.

Every team has its peaks and troughs or are you younger than you pretend.

Onto current matters apparently we were poor today but we're off the bottom for the first time in months.

#49 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:35 PM

Your dig at so called 'supporters' is hilarious. Do you not remember how Ibrox looked in the mid 80s? What's your excuse?

I saw myself on Scotsport in a televised game at Ibrox.

Every team has its peaks and troughs or are you younger than you pretend.

Onto current matters apparently we were poor today but we're off the bottom for the first time in months.

If you go and have a look at the average attendances you will see Rangers crowds were relatively good in the early 80s despite the god awful team. I should know as i got my first season ticket in 1981. 

By the mid 80s Rangers were the best supported team in Scotland. Souness arrived in 1986. I take it that qualifies for 'mid 80s' 

Here to help.

#50 sployal

sployal

Hall Of Fame

• 1,694 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:46 PM

Come on you Buddies, you can do it.

I remember watching the Saints at Love Street when AF was the boss.

Those were the days :-D

#51 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:54 AM

If you go and have a look at the average attendances you will see Rangers crowds were relatively good in the early 80s despite the god awful team. I should know as i got my first season ticket in 1981. 

By the mid 80s Rangers were the best supported team in Scotland. Souness arrived in 1986. I take it that qualifies for 'mid 80s' 

Here to help.

Mid-80s to me is the middle of the 80s so prior to the Souness era. They were barren years for Rangers and it was reflected in their support whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.

It was a bit like 'Where are the people'.

#52 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:54 AM

Mid-80s to me is the middle of the 80s so prior to the Souness era. They were barren years for Rangers and it was reflected in their support whether you choose to acknowledge it or not.

The figures are easiest enough to find through Google. In comparison with the rest of Scottish football Rangers attendance figures are relatively good.

I know as I was there. I didn't miss a Rangers game in Scotland for the 4 years prior to Souness arriving. The game that broke my run was a midweek cup game against East Fife at Methil. Our bus broke down outside Airdrie. We won that game on penalties.

You don't include 1986 as mid 80s 😂

Thanks for proving my point about St Mirren supporters. Would rather sit around greeting about the Old Firm rather than actually supporting their own team.

Football crowds in the UK were pretty average prior to Live TV games that started in the very late 80s / early 90s

#53 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:54 AM

The figures are easiest enough to find through Google. In comparison with the rest of Scottish football Rangers attendance figures are relatively good.

I know as I was there. I didn't miss a Rangers game in Scotland for the 4 years prior to Souness arriving. The game that broke my run was a midweek cup game against East Fife at Methil. Our bus broke down outside Airdrie. We won that game on penalties.

You don't include 1986 as mid 80s 😂

Thanks for proving my point about St Mirren supporters. Would rather sit around greeting about the Old Firm rather than actually supporting their own team.

Football crowds in the UK were pretty average prior to Live TV games that started in the very late 80s / early 90s

#54 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:19 PM

You don't include 1986 as mid 80s

Mid normally means the middle Trav and you cannot accuse people of greeting about the Old Firm if they respond to things you don't agree with.

I was a Season Ticket holder all through the 90's with the Saints so I don't need lectures on supporting.

This may count as whataboutery but do you listen to any people asking why the Accies (for example) have an average attendance of 1,500 and yet a population twice as big as Motherwell?

If you took your blinkers off an adult discussion could be had.

#55 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:44 PM

Accies fans are having a mini boycott is the answer

#56 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:52 PM

You had a go at Rangers support. The figures simply don't back up your claims.

St Mirren crowds are poor and they do blame the Old Firm

A season ticket through the 90s eh 😂😂. I've had a season ticket since 1981 to the present day. So I am perfectly entitled to question your 'support' of St Mirren. You and the thousands who have deserted your club when they needed you most

#57 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:55 PM

Every one just accepts our solid support but when we went down to the bottom tier all we read was how we would desert the team. Would be lucky to get 10,000 etc etc.

The Rangers support has been staggering and I am very proud to be one of the ones who stood by the club when they needed us most

#58 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:29 PM

You had a go at Rangers support. The figures simply don't back up your claims.
St Mirren crowds are poor and they do blame the Old Firm
A season ticket through the 90s eh . I've had a season ticket since 1981 to the present day. So I am perfectly entitled to question your 'support' of St Mirren. You and the thousands who have deserted your club when they needed you most

We'll I don't stay in Paisley so there's your answer. Do try and keep up.

I was merely stating that clubs have peaks and troughs in support. Maybe take a deep breath, read the post and then respond. Simple.

#59 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:45 PM

4-1 against Morton, if only we'd had Jack Ross earlier in the season. Tough games to go but what a revival from being marooned at the bottom of the table.

#60 sployal

sployal

Hall Of Fame

• 1,694 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:25 PM

4-1 against Morton, if only we'd had Jack Ross earlier in the season. Tough games to go but what a revival from being marooned at the bottom of the table.

Great result for the Buddies.

I think they may actually do it now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users