St.Mirren in the Championship

100 replies to this topic

#81 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

Aye its a shame to see them struggling as i have enjoyed my trips up there. My preference would be to see the Accies relegated. 

I didn't get to the Buddies game last weekend. It did burst my coupon though!!

They've gone for the cheap option with Forlan but it has backfired majorly.  They have also lost some real talent such as Christie and they're about to lose Tansey so it's not looking good.

County are a better run unit but have a much older support base, there are some guys up here that will never support ICT after the bitter merger in the 90's.

Both have something in common in that they are both bank rolled by a sugar Daddy and if that money goes both will be in real trouble.  I wouldn't rule County out of the play off but most of those teams in the bottom 6 could be in it.

#82 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,753 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:52 PM

I don't know how to make it workable but there are enough decent teams to make a 16 team top division. It would clubs a bit of breathing space.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#83 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• Members
  • 844 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:35 PM

• Scottish Championship
Saturday 15th April 2017
  • Dumbarton15:00Dunfermline
  • Falkirk15:00St Mirren
  • Hibernian15:00Queen of Sth
  • Raith Rovers15:00Morton
  • Ayr17:15Dundee Utd

Some really important games tomorrow in the championship.
    Everyone needing maximum points in what is turning out to be great run-in.
    predictions H please.

#84 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,089 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:12 PM

Another impressive result by the Saints at the weekend with Mallan scoring an absolute belter.

This escapism has been amazing to watch but....it ain't over yet although we now cannot finish bottom.

If push came to shove and on this form I think we'd have a good shout against any team in the play off.

#85 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,271 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:56 PM

Another impressive result by the Saints at the weekend with Mallan scoring an absolute belter.

This escapism has been amazing to watch but....it ain't over yet although we now cannot finish bottom.

If push came to shove and on this form I think we'd have a good shout against any team in the play off.

No need....youse are still in the championship after drawing 1-1 @ Easter Road.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#86 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 37,641 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:58 PM

No need....youse are still in the championship after drawing 1-1 @ Easter Road.

Could still end up in playoff though mate
Das it mane , Das it.

#87 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,271 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:02 PM

Could still end up in playoff though mate

not according to what I heard on the radio there Hoopz. Wouldn't argue though mate.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#88 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,271 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:04 PM

Just been confirmed they're safe Hoopz. Finished 7th.

#89 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 37,641 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:10 PM

That the league done? Thought there was 2 more games lol

My bad
Das it mane , Das it.

#90 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,271 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

That the league done? Thought there was 2 more games lol

My bad

amazing what a lack of swally does to a man...... :lol:

#91 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 37,641 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:20 PM

amazing what a lack of swally does to a man...... :lol:

:lol:

Well done buddies :dance:
Das it mane , Das it.

#92 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,753 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:08 PM

I've got to listen to them now . They are celebrating survival after backing the buddies at 14/1 to win the league.

Drugs are bad!!!

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#93 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,089 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:45 AM

Jack Ross scoops Manager of the Month too.

The gamble of shipping out 10 players and shipping in their replacements has kept us up.  This was the same guy that came out to speak to fans when they were buying cup tickets and also to 'discuss' a result with an irate fan.  

We have now got Eckersley and Jack Baird on the hook so the more of this current squad we can keep the better our chance of going up.

If we get anywhere close to Tom Hendrie's triumphant 1999/2000 campaign it'll be immense.  

#94 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,753 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:52 AM

I would like to see a league table of the last couple of months. The turnaround in St Mirrens fortunes was just incredible.

#95 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,089 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:56 PM

I would like to see a league table of the last couple of months. The turnaround in St Mirrens fortunes was just incredible.

And not a moment too soon Trav, I see Steve McQueen on the horizon.

#96 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:05 PM

And not a moment too soon Trav, I see Steve McQueen on the horizon.

Congrats to your mob Hunts, never in doubt really.....believe!

#97 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,089 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:20 PM

Dundee trying to get their mitts on Jack Ross, he's team building at present.  St.Mirren Board have knocked back the advances but the man himself will need to come out and say how he feels on the matter.

#98 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,753 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:16 AM

Dundee trying to get their mitts on Jack Ross, he's team building at present.  St.Mirren Board have knocked back the advances but the man himself will need to come out and say how he feels on the matter.

I heard last night he has agreed to stay. Hope its true as he did a remarkable job saving the Buddies. Not only keeping them up but to keep them out the play offs was a fantastic job. The Buddies i know had given up all hope and were absolutely resigned to League 1 football next season. Now they are looking to St Mirren pushing for a play off place next season

#99 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,089 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:55 AM

I heard last night he has agreed to stay. Hope its true as he did a remarkable job saving the Buddies. Not only keeping them up but to keep them out the play offs was a fantastic job. The Buddies i know had given up all hope and were absolutely resigned to League 1 football next season. Now they are looking to St Mirren pushing for a play off place next season

...and now McCann back as Manager! You couldn't make it up.

#100 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,753 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:59 AM

Stevie Malen will be a miss for St Mirren but i suppose Championship clubs usually do have a fairly high turnover in playing staff so Ross will be used to this kind of things. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users