St.Mirren in the Championship

167 replies to this topic

#161 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 12:36 PM

Picked up Dave McDonald after the game and he was saying the Buddies were very poor and young Morgan was marked (kicked) out the game. 

Nice to see all the the St Mirren players standing mixing with the many  of School kids outside after the game. Some of the premier league Prima Donnas could learn a thing from them. 

I didn't think that we played particularly well Trav and we were reduced to playing it their way for quite a bit of it.  I felt that we failed to capitalise on our lead and let them back in.

A win's a win though.

I think that Jack is sold on the whole community club thing so I'm not surprised at our guys meeting the youngsters, good on them.

#162 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,898 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:19 AM

Poor result for youse yesterday in the Irn Bru cup at home H.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#163 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,199 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:16 PM

Poor result for youse yesterday in the Irn Bru cup at home H.

That's why we can't be complacent, I think that Jack rang the changes but it hasn't worked out.

I was surprised at the result but the League must be our priority.

#164 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,199 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:39 PM

Back to business again. We haven't beaten Dumbarton away since the 90s. Onto next League quarter, Falkirk away then Morton at home.

A great start but a long way to go.

#165 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,444 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:39 PM

I can remember walking down Love Street in the late 60's early 70's with my dad his mates and my brothers.

Used to be an off license making mega bucks selling Eldorado, Lanlique, beer and the odd quarter bottle of Whisky (cans with no opening, they gave you an opener which allowed you to puncture an opening in the can).

On the other side was the pie shop making as much selling what we now call 'junk food', once my Da and his mates had made their 'purchases'  we would make our way down to the turnstiles, me and ma brothers would be 'lifted over' and we would all make up and go into the 'enclosure' to follow the game, lot's of singing and sometimes fighting would carry on during the game.

Won or lost, we kids would then wait outside some pub or another until our dads took us home.

Glad to see the 'Buddies' at the top of the league and here's hoping they can make it.

Paisley deserve an SPL team.    

#166 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,898 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

I can remember walking down Love Street in the late 60's early 70's with my dad his mates and my brothers.

Used to be an off license making mega bucks selling Eldorado, Lanlique, beer and the odd quarter bottle of Whisky (cans with no opening, they gave you an opener which allowed you to puncture an opening in the can).

On the other side was the pie shop making as much selling what we now call 'junk food', once my Da and his mates had made their 'purchases'  we would make our way down to the turnstiles, me and ma brothers would be 'lifted over' and we would all make up and go into the 'enclosure' to follow the game, lot's of singing and sometimes fighting would carry on during the game.

Won or lost, we kids would then wait outside some pub or another until our dads took us home.

Glad to see the 'Buddies' at the top of the league and here's hoping they can make it.

SP is reminiscing.....

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#167 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,444 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

SP is reminiscing.....

It's Sunday dug and all is permitted (after a couple of Stella Artois)  :razz:

#168 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,199 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:17 AM

I don't think it deserves a Paisley team, we don't have a right to be there but....

I do have great memories of our time at the top table and with right structure we can get there and stay there.

If the fan ownership situation is realised it could be exciting times.

I'm doing my bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users