• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 6,466 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:32 PM

I have a couple of suggestions to improve things - not that there was anything wrong, but you know make things just a wee bit more interesting

1) 2 points for correctly predicting any type of draw with the usual 3 points if it is bang on 

2) 2 points for the correct score differential - my thinking is it should be worth more to predict Aberdeen win by 3-1, assuming the score was say 2-0 (2 goal differential) than somebody who correctly predicts Aberdeen will win but put on 5-0.

3) what about a banker that can be played to double the points scored on a particular match, but cannot be Celtic at home?

Any other suggestions?  Craig will have final say as he will have to write the programme but I remember him saying last year as long as he has some time he could sort out some improvements.

#2 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:36 PM

I have a couple of suggestions to improve things - not that there was anything wrong, but you know make things just a wee bit more interesting

1) 2 points for correctly predicting any type of draw with the usual 3 points if it is bang on 

2) 2 points for the correct score differential - my thinking is it should be worth more to predict Aberdeen win by 3-1, assuming the score was say 2-0 (2 goal differential) than somebody who correctly predicts Aberdeen will win but put on 5-0.

3) what about a banker that can be played to double the points scored on a particular match, but cannot be Celtic at home?

Any other suggestions?  Craig will have final say as he will have to write the programme but I remember him saying last year as long as he has some time he could sort out some improvements.

How about a cash out when you are predicting the correct scoreline for a point like they do with the betting companies, oh and banning Hoopz as he is so pish :-D :-D

Edited by sheeptastic, 04 June 2015 - 09:36 PM.

#3 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:38 PM

What about 1 point if you get one teams amount of goals right

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#4 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:46 PM

I'd just leave it as it is

#5 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:47 PM

True, tinker with it and it may mean Hoopz wont be as shite as usual, how would I get my yearly laugh at his expense? :twisted: :twisted:

#6 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:54 PM

My suggestion would have to be that sheep gets a 20point start so he at least gives me some competition! ;)
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#7 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:55 PM

True, tinker with it and it may mean Hoopz wont be as shite as usual, how would I get my yearly laugh at his expense? :twisted: :twisted:

Did he not spank you in the predictor?

#8 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:58 PM

Did he not spank you in the predictor?

If the definition of spanked is being near the bottom of the league then yes, he spanked me :-D :-D

#9 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:53 AM

luddite

How about a cash out when you are predicting the correct scoreline for a point like they do with the betting companies, oh and banning Hoopz as he is so pish :-D :-D

I would cashout at 0-0 after a minute or so 

#10 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:59 AM

Any other suggestions? Craig will have final say as he will have to write the programme but I remember him saying last year as long as he has some time he could sort out some improvements.

Suggestions are always welcome.

The summer is a good time to make such changes.

I personally don't predict draws often, but I don't think they should receive extra points.

I like the score difference. I will think about that.

A banker seems good, but I don't like discounting any particulars teams games. It would have to be for all games. It might also be tough if we have rearranged ties, ie if its one joker per round, will I remember that if there are only two games on? Will I easily tell that its round xx and the joker has already been used for that player?

I want to bring back the stats view. There used to be a form and head to head section that I want to bring back. I like the bookie link against each match, but I also want to show odds next to that.

I would also like to allow users to set their email reminder level. Some appear to want daily ones, but I won't make that the default.

I want to update the forum software as well, so I may be pushed for time.

#11 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:09 AM

I personally don't predict draws often, but I don't think they should receive extra points.

A banker seems good, but I don't like discounting any particulars teams games. It would have to be for all games. It might also be tough if we have rearranged ties, ie if its one joker per round, will I remember that if there are only two games on? Will I easily tell that its round xx and the joker has already been used for that player?

I want to bring back the stats view. There used to be a form and head to head section that I want to bring back. I like the bookie link against each match, but I also want to show odds next to that.

I would also like to allow users to set their email reminder level. Some appear to want daily ones, but I won't make that the default.

So that means a NO..... :lol:

Poor Chappy.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#12 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:17 PM

Poor Chappy.

It wasn't intended as a long winded way of saying no, but I can see how it reads like that. I'm just very busy, with too many ideas in my head.

#13 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 01:20 PM

It wasn't intended as a long winded way of saying no, but I can see how it reads like that. I'm just very busy, with too many ideas in my head.

I was only pulling your plonker mate..... :D

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#14 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:03 PM

Poor Chappy.

Exactly. Gave him plenty of notice like he asked me to as well. Dont ask for much  . . .

#15 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:08 PM

Exactly. Gave him plenty of notice like he asked me to as well. Dont ask for much  . . .

Craig is a badass Admin!

#16 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:11 PM

Craig is a badass Admin!

littlewoods and Vernons made a very successful industry out of draws because they are hard to predict so they should imo be worth more. But if you haven't got time over the next 8 weeks or so then you haven't got time ;-)

#17 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:13 PM

littlewoods and Vernons made a very successful industry out of draws because they are hard to predict so they should imo be worth more. But if you haven't got time over the next 8 weeks or so then you haven't got time ;-)

:lol: .....I love sarcasm....

#18 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:15 PM

It's looking like I won't be able to make any changes to the predictor this summer. I haven't had a chance to sit down and do any coding and I want to launch the predictor soon. Sorry.

#19 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:20 PM

Sake......

#20 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:22 PM

Sake......

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users