• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 30,977 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:05 AM

Or Wrestling. ....... what a pile of shite.
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#22 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,345 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:11 AM

Alcohol is very prominent in Corrie, Eastenders and Emmerdale. A visit to the pub is almost a daily occurrence for many, with some even visiting twice. They rarely discuss going round to their pals for some cans, and will instead nip to the pub. They also rarely have a big night out - unless that big night out starts and stops in their local. 

On the alcohol note, if a male character is having a bad time of things, out comes the whisky bottle. It's always straight as well. They rarely pour a whisky and then add some cola while they are under a lot of stress. 

You will also rarely see a character taking drugs, then continuing on with their daily lives. The second drugs appear, they either become addicted, or turn into a dealer. 

The "big shop" does not exist in soap land. They never nip out to tesco and come back with 8 bags full of shopping. Instead, they nip to the corner shop for a pint of milk and a loaf of bread. 

I always find it funny when there is a wedding, a funeral, or a significant family gathering, and one of the family can't turn up, because the actor has left the show. What rubbish excuse will they use to explain the non appearance? 

#23 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 17,659 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:10 PM

Tim but dim decided to be a window cleaner in corrie....the street is his run

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#24 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:42 PM

Why in every soap in the uk,do they all work on the same street?

Why do people get invited to a wedding of a person they hate?

Why are there so many murders in a tiny vicinity?

Why did nobody ever have a washing machine in eastenders?

Why does something dramatic always happens on christmas day?

Why does everybody buck everybody on the same street?

Ask Phil Mitchell, he always has all the answers!

#25 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,378 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:56 PM

Alcohol is very prominent in Corrie, Eastenders and Emmerdale. A visit to the pub is almost a daily occurrence for many, with some even visiting twice. They rarely discuss going round to their pals for some cans, and will instead nip to the pub. They also rarely have a big night out - unless that big night out starts and stops in their local. 

On the alcohol note, if a male character is having a bad time of things, out comes the whisky bottle. It's always straight as well. They rarely pour a whisky and then add some cola while they are under a lot of stress. 

You will also rarely see a character taking drugs, then continuing on with their daily lives. The second drugs appear, they either become addicted, or turn into a dealer. 

The "big shop" does not exist in soap land. They never nip out to tesco and come back with 8 bags full of shopping. Instead, they nip to the corner shop for a pint of milk and a loaf of bread. 

I always find it funny when there is a wedding, a funeral, or a significant family gathering, and one of the family can't turn up, because the actor has left the show. What rubbish excuse will they use to explain the non appearance? 

Never put you down for an avid fan Craig,,,,, :lol:

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#26 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,378 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:00 PM

Oh aye & you never see them doing the garden.....even in summer. Bastards are wanting to come to my gaff and give a hand rather than me and the wife slogging our guts out.

And you never see them sitting down watching the scores on a Saturday waiting for their coupon to come up.....or sink

The plots are shite!

PS....I'm not a fan, just watch them when the wife is glued to them.

Edited by black dog, 08 June 2015 - 01:01 PM.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#27 endersgame

endersgame

Veteran

• 1,352 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:55 PM

Apart from the footy, i can't remember the last thing I watched on TV. The election results maybe...?

#28 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,345 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:48 PM

Never put you down for an avid fan Craig,,,,, :lol:

I do like Corrie and a wee bit of eastenders.

#29 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 30,977 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:53 PM

Corrie has Freshco's.......
Posted Image

#30 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,387 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:01 PM

dont watch soaps though watch a few series like Modern Family, Silicon Valley, Betttr Call Saul and the classic Game of Thrones. 

Very occasionally I will see a bit of one cos I cant find the remote or something and it's as if I have never been away. Calculate the hours wasted watching soaps. . . .during the adverts of course

#31 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,378 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:14 AM

Corrie has Freshco's.......

That's correct Bastion................................................however, can you recall any 'street' resident saying "I'm off to Freshcos for the shopping" or a scene filmed in Freshcos......since Curly or yon manager Reg were on the show. Dev in the corner shop gets more custom than that supermarket,

#32 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 30,977 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:11 AM

That's correct Bastion................................................however, can you recall any 'street' resident saying "I'm off to Freshcos for the shopping" or a scene filmed in Freshcos......since Curly or yon manager Reg were on the show. Dev in the corner shop gets more custom than that supermarket,

The message is simply. ....

Buy local :D

Loved Reg btw....
Posted Image

#33 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 67,378 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 07:07 AM

Loved Reg btw....

kenmorley.jpg.........freshCo_banner.jpg............two for the price of one.

#34 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,345 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:22 AM

Loved Reg btw....

Ah Freshco's. 

Reg was some character. The actor came across less likeable when he was on Big Brother. He was quite nasty and out of touch at times.

#35 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 30,977 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:17 PM

Ah Freshco's. 

Reg was some character. The actor came across less likeable when he was on Big Brother. He was quite nasty and out of touch at times.

Disappointed with the real Reg......
Posted Image

#36 Wing Nut

Wing Nut

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 2,371 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:01 PM

Why is Ian Beale such a useless pile of shite

58513a3f6bf142ada377ff1986f565ae.jpg

#37 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 17,659 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 06:45 PM

Did anyone notice sarah harding in corrie.....looking pretty hot

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#38 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 06:52 PM

Did anyone notice sarah harding in corrie.....looking pretty hot

I won a tenner off the mrs as she didn't believe me that it was her.

I reckon she looked better in her Girls Aloud days, she seems to have a bit of work done on her face.

Made me a tenner though!

#39 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 17,659 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:02 PM

I won a tenner off the mrs as she didn't believe me that it was her.

I reckon she looked better in her Girls Aloud days, she seems to have a bit of work done on her face.

Made me a tenner though!

Did you take it off her?

#40 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

Did you take it off her?

na, she never actually has any money!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users