#21 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 6,466 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:12 PM

They won't fold

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

the power is with the player. he can throw his toys out the pram and not give a feck. Which can only benefit his position as a want away player and the club who has most to gain from his laying down tools. Also in his mind he may have thoughts about getting crunched and miss his chance to sign altogether.

Hibs need to agree a decent fee and line up a replacement - the fans will understand that their hands were tied.who they will be able to buy for £250k that is as effective is anybody's guess!

#22 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:16 PM

With Paper. I remember the outrage about that on here,seen very little outrage among other fans when Jig was hit with a flag pole.

Maybe you're right but if not this season he will be here next year.

I seen loads of outrage regards the flagpole incident , if u could call them that.
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#23 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:22 PM

They won't fold

While I can appreciate why they wouldn't want to, not selling the player before the window closes is pretty silly when he will lose interest, sign for Rangers in January and move for free next summer. Hibs will have paid a years wages for nowt and lost a transfer fee

Screenshot%207_zpsld33ztyd.png

#24 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:31 PM

While I can appreciate why they wouldn't want to, not selling the player before the window closes is pretty silly when he will lose interest, sign for Rangers in January and move for free next summer. Hibs will have paid a years wages for nowt and lost a transfer fee

Agree, they canny afford it , if they sell they can get a replacement in.

Tbh i dont see all the fuss hes had 1 good year in the championship id say 500k and hes yours.
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#25 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:44 PM

Agree, they canny afford it , if they sell they can get a replacement in.

Tbh i dont see all the fuss hes had 1 good year in the championship id say 500k and hes yours.

But they wont pay that though will they :roll:

#26 David Malcolm

David Malcolm

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:54 PM

My team are pretty adamant they won't sell to rangers our rivals to promotion not for the bids that rangers have offered double the last bid and paid in full not the installments that I was told them the club may accept ..but my hunch is there's a club that will pay what hibs want from down south

#27 Hessur

Hessur

International

• Banned
  • 715 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:10 AM

My team are pretty adamant they won't sell to rangers our rivals to promotion not for the bids that rangers have offered double the last bid and paid in full not the installments that I was told them the club may accept ..but my hunch is there's a club that will pay what hibs want from down south

Might be better all round that he goes down south and Hibs buy someone with a backbone that wants to play for them.

#28 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:03 AM

I think this deserves its own thread as it will run and run.

He has handed in an official transfer request and apparently Stubbs has said he will leave if he is sold. I don't know the personal side of this, but does Stubbs consider Allan in any of this? I know he is contracted to the club, and will no doubt honour that if forced, but is it fair to make him unhappy?

#29 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:04 AM

I don't think that many transfer fees are paid up front nowadays. I could be wrong though.

#30 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:14 AM

Celtic paid less for Mackay-Steven than what some are saying is a fair price. Some are even claiming double what celtic paid seems about right. He is a player who wants away and can sign a PCA in less than 6 months. All this has to be taken into consideration.

Hibs are not our rivals for promotion. Their rivals are St Mirren, QoS, Raith Rovers, Falkirk. and whoever finishes 11th in the premier league. Time for a reality check for some Hibees. The gardener has gone and the old regime have been removed.

As far as replacements go. Rhys McCabe and John McGinn would be two very decent players at this level.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#31 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:47 PM

Decent write up from Spiers imho

http://www.heraldsco...to_title_rival/

interesting where he says, "Last summer they had the perfect chance to do so – Allan came to Ibrox as a free agent, with a keenness to join – but Rangers turned him away. It is something the club now – evidently – bitterly regrets."

#32 Hessur

Hessur

International

• Banned
  • 715 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:57 PM

interesting where he says, "Last summer they had the perfect chance to do so – Allan came to Ibrox as a free agent, with a keenness to join – but Rangers turned him away. It is something the club now – evidently – bitterly regrets."

Yes but last summer they were going to piss the Championship anyway so they did not need him then.

#33 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:10 PM

Yes but last summer they were going to piss the Championship anyway so they did not need him then.

apparently its the same idea this season after a good win in the diddy diddy cup.....of course that's presuming Hibs were interested in the meccano cup.....

#34 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

At that point in time there were two world class midfielders on the books who would play almost every single game for ever more. Law and Black were the untouchables at that point in time.

#35 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:06 PM

At that point in time there were two world class midfielders on the books who would play almost every single game for ever more. Law and Black were the untouchables at that point in time.

they are still untouchable - at least black is. no one will touch him  :-D

#36 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:09 PM

A very sensible summary of events from both sides of the fence.

However, he treads a dangerous line by calling it faux outrage at some of the comments towards Allan, when that outrage is from Rangers fans. Are Rangers fans not allowed to be offended by such comments? That's a sad view of life he has. Forget real life, real abuse, football rivalry comes first according to him.

#37 Hessur

Hessur

International

• Banned
  • 715 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:41 AM

A very sensible summary of events from both sides of the fence.

However, he treads a dangerous line by calling it faux outrage at some of the comments towards Allan, when that outrage is from Rangers fans. Are Rangers fans not allowed to be offended by such comments? That's a sad view of life he has. Forget real life, real abuse, football rivalry comes first according to him.

I don't think it is very sensible at all.

He says Hibs are trying to do the same with McGinn but McGinn is out of contract - Allan isn't.

And then to suggest Brentford are a bigger club than Rangers is utter tosh. They never have been and I suspect never will be although they may have had more money than Rangers at the particular time of the McLeod transfer.  If they were a bigger club, even now, why did their management team move to Rangers?

Edited by Hessur, 30 July 2015 - 10:42 AM.

#38 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:45 AM

He says Hibs are trying to do the same with McGinn but McGinn is out of contract - Allan isn't.
And then to suggest Brentford are a bigger club than Rangers is utter tosh. They never have been and I suspect never will be although they may have had more money than Rangers at the particular time of the McLeod transfer. If they were a bigger club, even now, why did their management team move to Rangers?

I think he used Brentford as an example of a club buying a first team player, when Rangers would much rather have kept him. You are right that they are not a bigger club.

I didnt realise that McGinn was out of contract.

#39 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:03 AM

And then to suggest Brentford are a bigger club than Rangers is utter tosh. They never have been and I suspect never will be although they may have had more money than Rangers at the particular time of the McLeod transfer.  If they were a bigger club, even now, why did their management team move to Rangers?

Mark Warburton didn't leave Brentford to join Rangers out of choice! He was on a rolling year to year contract and was told by the Brentford owners that they would not be renewing it whether he got Brentford into the Premiership or not.

#40 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:47 PM

And then to suggest Brentford are a bigger club than Rangers is utter tosh. They never have been and I suspect never will be although they may have had more money than Rangers at the particular time of the McLeod transfer. If they were a bigger club, even now, why did their management team move to Rangers?

He is out of contract, but Hibs still had to negotiate a development transfer fee with St Mirren. St Mirren have reportedly agreed a fee with Hibs, which makes it very similar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users