• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:49 AM

I hear that Ian Black played as a trialist for Berwick Rangers last night. I would have thought he would be looking at a level higher than that.

#2 Hessur

Hessur

International

• Banned
  • 715 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:15 AM

The sad thing about Black is that when he clears his mind and cuts out the hard man, rebel stuff he can be an asset to any club.  Too late in his career now I suspect.

#3 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 17,877 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:58 AM

He was subject to some pretty unsavory stick on social media last night from his former teams supporters

#4 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:07 AM

I hear that Ian Black played as a trialist for Berwick Rangers last night. I would have thought he would be looking at a level higher than that.

I imagine he arranged to get a game as a trialist for Berwick Rangers so that other clubs could come and get a look at him as obviously he is not currently attached to a club. Probably worked out for him as he did score a goal.

Clearly he is a much higher level than the Scottish 2nd Div!

#5 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

I imagine he arranged to get a game as a trialist for Berwick Rangers so that other clubs could come and get a look at him as obviously he is not currently attached to a club. Probably worked out for him as he did score a goal.

Clearly he is a much higher level than the Scottish 2nd Div!

If he was putting himself in the shop window, I hope he has planned it very carefully. It could harm his negotiation skills if clubs compare any offers they make with what he would have to accept if he signed for Berwick Rangers.

#6 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:22 AM

If he was putting himself in the shop window, I hope he has planned it very carefully. It could harm his negotiation skills if clubs compare any offers they make with what he would have to accept if he signed for Berwick Rangers.

I very much doubt he has any inkling to sign for Berwick Rangers.

#7 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:23 AM

JS68650716.jpg

Wee Mickey mouse Cameron still runs out for Berwick Rangers at 42!

#8 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:43 AM

JS68650716.jpg

Wee Mickey mouse Cameron still runs out for Berwick Rangers at 42!

He was always a good signing in the Sun's fantasy football.

#9 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:32 AM

Colin Cameron says that they have made him an offer and he will decide today.

#10 gascoigne8

gascoigne8

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:01 AM

B&Q for paint should be the next place he goes and he can start his decorating business up again.. a charlatan who took a lot of money from Rangers and gave nothing back,in fact he even used it to bet against us!....good riddance.

#11 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 06:06 AM

B&Q for paint should be the next place he goes and he can start his decorating business up again.. a charlatan who took a lot of money from Rangers and gave nothing back,in fact he even used it to bet against us!....good riddance.

I felt that he put in a lot of effort for us. I appreciate a midfielder who demands the ball at all times. That should be a minimum requirement for that position, but not all do that. He just didn't suit our style of play. If you wanted someone to slow the game down and keep possession, he is your man.

As I am typing this, and thinking of any specific negatives, other than his sideway, slow passes, I remember Black running through on goal from the halfway line. I remember thinking that he is the last player you want in that situation. He ended getting caught by a defender, through a lack of bottling it and that he has no pace.

#12 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:37 PM

It is funny how you say that the move will make Scott Allans career and highlight him to the masses, yet playing for the same club has killed Ian Blacks career.
I wish him the best of luck

Edited by achnasheen, 05 August 2015 - 08:46 PM.

#13 zander

zander

Hall Of Fame

• 1,802 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:19 PM

It is funny how you say that the move will make Scott Allans career and highlight him to the masses, yet playing for the same club has killed Ian Blacks career.
I wish him the best of luck

I disagree, if he had been shoved in the reserves and not given a chance you would have a point but Ian Black played almost every week and despite this he still couldn't find any consistency. He had the chance to prove his worth over 3 years and failed while playing mostly part-time teams.

#14 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 06:18 AM

I disagree, if he had been shoved in the reserves and not given a chance you would have a point but Ian Black played almost every week and despite this he still couldn't find any consistency. He had the chance to prove his worth over 3 years and failed while playing mostly part-time teams.

Who says that won't happen with Scott Allan?
Saying that Allan should go to Rangers and be in the shop window has not proved the case for the vast majority of Rangers players recently.

If it was one or two players then yes they have failed, but it is so many. Can you really be blaming the players as harshly as Gasgoine did?
  • jaybee likes this

#15 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:27 AM

Who says that won't happen with Scott Allan?
Saying that Allan should go to Rangers and be in the shop window has not proved the case for the vast majority of Rangers players recently.
If it was one or two players then yes they have failed, but it is so many. Can you really be blaming the players as harshly as Gasgoine did?

Ach I have a major advantage over you on this topic as I have been to every game since we started in division 3........take my word for it when I say we were lucky to give those players away for free. No matter who you play for, if you perform horrendously every week then it will be difficult to attract even the smallest clubs. Also take into account they were playing with a team with far greater resources against part time teams then it's quite easy to asses the situation.

#16 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:13 PM

Ach I have a major advantage over you on this topic as I have been to every game since we started in division 3........take my word for it when I say we were lucky to give those players away for free. No matter who you play for, if you perform horrendously every week then it will be difficult to attract even the smallest clubs. Also take into account they were playing with a team with far greater resources against part time teams then it's quite easy to asses the situation.

I am no defending his poor football, but if you were to a set up a maths academy taking some of the best students available. Then those students within months can't do basic sums and ultimately end failing their exams. Do you blame the students or the teaching??

I only replied to this post because I felt Gasgoines comment was unacceptable, he may not of been the best player but he tried, in many occasions risking injury for the team. The decent thing to do is to put the past behind you and wish him well. Wanting him to give up his career and saying good riddance is a disgrace and I was hoping a Rangers fan would of stepped up and said it!!

I acknowledge him as a man with a family and hope he goes on to find success and happiness elsewhere
  • Camshy and jaybee like this

#17 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:32 PM

I am no defending his poor football, but if you were to a set up a maths academy taking some of the best students available. Then those students within months can't do basic sums and ultimately end failing their exams. Do you blame the students or the teaching??
I only replied to this post because I felt Gasgoines comment was unacceptable, he may not of been the best player but he tried, in many occasions risking injury for the team. The decent thing to do is to put the past behind you and wish him well. Wanting him to give up his career and saying good riddance is a disgrace and I was hoping a Rangers fan would of stepped up and said it!!
I acknowledge him as a man with a family and hope he goes on to find success and happiness elsewhere

And I say.......good riddance :-)

It was Black he was speaking about wasn't it? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, good or bad and I can understand the negative feeling toward a player like Black given all that happened during his time at Rangers.
I thought he would have been a good signing but his performances has made my decision to say "farewell" a rather easy one.

I do feel those players must share part of the negative feeling, of course the management and coaching staff too.....it's a mixture of both if I'm being honest and I'm glad most of those players are now away.
I cheered and clapped then while they were here so feel less guilty when cheering and waving goodbye ( ok I didn't cheer but you get my point )

#18 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:20 AM

Is he still looking for a permanent club? 

#19 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:35 PM

Is he still looking for a permanent club? 

He has signed for Shrewsbury. 2 year deal so he'll be happy with that.

He can down the paint brush!

• craig likes this

#20 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:59 PM

He has signed for Shrewsbury. 2 year deal so he'll be happy with that.

He can down the paint brush!

I'm sure ex don Scott Vernon went that direction

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ian black, berwick rangers, rangers, hearts, inverness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users