• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 6,466 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:57 AM

Celtic spend upwards of £4m on a 21-year old centre half Jozo Simunovic from Dinamo Zagreb.

Who knows what this guy is going to be like but this must be our biggest signing since the WGS era. A very strong recognition from PL and RD that this area of the team could be our Achilles heel without our two centre backs from last year gone.

If this guy performs then a brilliant piece of business as this guy will have resale value if he does the business. VVD was always going to go and we got top money for him so here's hoping another gem discovered.

Generally I am happy with this signing and that for the right payer Celtic will splash decent cash. The one thing I would say is that we need a Scott Brown in our defence, particularly in the centre. By that I mean a guy who will be there for a few years with some experience. If this guy performs we will get two years then back to square one. Anyhow we'll worry about that at the time - I wanted an experienced centre back that would be the mainstay for the next 4-6 years, but I will watch how Big Jozo goes.

#2 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:19 AM

Looks like a solid signing, the guy seems to have pedigree all the way through the Croatian national youth teams. Only just turned 21 too.

#3 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:20 AM

Could have maybe done with a player like this at the start of the transfer window!!!

#4 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,883 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:10 AM

Never heard of the bloke but will see what he can do. Got a job on his hands with the people round him on the pitch. Overall I'm disappointed with the transfer window. Thought we could have got rid of more & bought more. Just wondering what the fuck ambrose has 2 do 2 get moved on. It's the biggest mystery I've ever experienced as a Celtic fan.

#5 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:29 AM

From what ive read from zagreb forum screenshots he is not great , decent but can be sloppy , i hope thats them saying that cos he left and weve not got another ambrose but more expensive.

Pisses me off we always try get a young player so we can make money in a few years, cant we just for once but an experience player to help that young defence?

Terrible window.
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#6 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,883 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:11 AM

Defence will be a shambles this year.

#7 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:53 AM

Who do you guys think will be back 4 now?

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#8 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:28 PM

Who do you guys think will be back 4 now?

Lustig/janko , boyata , jozo , izzy

Id guess
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#9 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,883 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:38 PM

Lustig/janko , boyata , jozo , izzy

Id guess

Ah fancy me chances up front agin that lot

#10 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 03:56 PM

Never heard of the bloke but will see what he can do. Got a job on his hands with the people round him on the pitch. Overall I'm disappointed with the transfer window. Thought we could have got rid of more & bought more. Just wondering what the fuck ambrose has 2 do 2 get moved on. It's the biggest mystery I've ever experienced as a Celtic fan.

Time will tell on how decent he is, his pedigree suggests he will be fine for Scottish footy, unless of course he cant deal with the physical aspect, Europe is another matter, time will tell on that also.  Amazed Celtic paid £4 mill for a player, however they have just pocketed 11.5 million so thats another 7.5 million into the coffers.  I still think there is major penny pinching, I will watch with great interest to see if that 7.5 million is reinvested in the squad, severely doubt it though.  I agree with Ambrose, but it wont stop me hoping he gets played more, a week on Saturday would be a good start :-D :-D

#11 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,883 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:26 PM

Time will tell on how decent he is, his pedigree suggests he will be fine for Scottish footy, unless of course he cant deal with the physical aspect, Europe is another matter, time will tell on that also. Amazed Celtic paid £4 mill for a player, however they have just pocketed 11.5 million so thats another 7.5 million into the coffers. I still think there is major penny pinching, I will watch with great interest to see if that 7.5 million is reinvested in the squad, severely doubt it though. I agree with Ambrose, but it wont stop me hoping he gets played more, a week on Saturday would be a good start :-D :-D

Aye Ah bet you do hahaha

#12 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:38 AM

It's a lot of money to spend for a Scottish club. Who was the last incoming player to warrant such a fee?

#13 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,883 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:21 AM

Torre flo 12 million

#14 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 05:30 PM

Celtic's biggest signing after Scott Brown and before Simunovic was . . .

Marc Antoine Fortune at £3.8,

sorry achna - could have been a good one for your quiz

S

#15 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:11 PM

Torre flo 12 million

Seriously?

#16 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:08 PM

A lot gets said about Tore Andre Flo because the money paid for him at the time was ridiculous but Sunderland actually paid Rangers back about 3/4 of the money meaning that they only actually were £4m out of pocket. Football wise the guy had great stats at Rangers, a 1 goal in 2 games ratio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users