rangers

2318 replies to this topic

#2301 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:15 PM

I can understand Aberdeen's stance if McInnes actually agreed to leave and join Rangers.....but this is taking the fucking piss surely ?

Aberdeen want £800,000 before Rangers can meet Derek McInnes to discuss taking over at Ibrox

• McInnes is set to become subject of an official approach from Rangers
  • Dons will only sanction talks if Rangers pay compensation figure up front
  • Aberdeen boss has expressed unhappiness with how the saga has unfolded

By JOHN MCGARRY FOR THE SCOTTISH DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 00:53, 5 December 2017 | UPDATED: 08:15, 5 December 2017

96shares

View comments

Aberdeen will demand to see the colour of Rangers' money before granting the Ibrox club permission to speak with Derek McInnes.
Rangers are expected to finally approach the Dons this week with a view to kicking off negotiations with the 46-year-old about the possibility of succeeding Pedro Caixinha as their next permanent manager.
Sportsmail understands, however, that Aberdeen will only sanction the talks if Rangers pay the stipulated £800,000 compensation figure up front – with the money being returned to them if negotiations break down further down the line.

get to fuck!
Media pish on this has been hysterical.

Edited by Jiffy, 05 December 2017 - 06:15 PM.

#2302 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,433 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:22 PM

Perhaps I may have missed something, but has anyone at RFC ever mentioned any interest in McInnes?

Is it all just media speculation?

Shit Creek

#2303 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:53 PM

Exactly!

Perhaps I may have missed something, but has anyone at RFC ever mentioned any interest in McInnes?

Is it all just media speculation?

Yep....all media speculation. But..................Willie Miller thinks Rangers should come out and state it is NOT McInnes to put an end to the speculation that he and his media mates have created....what  a fucking Rodney!

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#2304 Makdee

Makdee

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:35 PM

Aberdeen refuse permission to allow Rangers to speak to McInnes. From their website so it’s down to McInnes now

#2305 sployal

sployal

Hall Of Fame

• 1,696 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:44 PM

I don't want McInnes at Rangers, bandwagon merchant don't let him anywhere near ibrox.

If we have no one else then i would prefer Murty till end of season

#2306 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,433 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 08:44 PM

I don't want McInnes at Rangers, bandwagon merchant don't let him anywhere near ibrox.

If we have no one else then i would prefer Murty till end of season

Agree. Give Murty some more time.

Shit Creek

#2307 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:19 PM

Guy who told me Tuesday was the day was right enough then.

Rangers know they ll have to pay up!!

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#2308 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,059 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:02 AM

Guy who told me Tuesday was the day was right enough then.

Rangers know they ll have to pay up!!

They better not pay Aberdeen a penny just to talk to the fucker never mind 800 grand.

Edited by Jiffy, 06 December 2017 - 06:03 AM.

#2309 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:43 AM

They better not pay Aberdeen a penny just to talk to the fucker never mind 800 grand.

They are actually now refusing permission to speak to him as they are not happy (according to the media) the way 'Rangers' have let this roll on ? Am I fucking missing something here ? Rangers have said absolutely nothing regards who the manager may be...ZILCH, NADA.....EVERYTHING that has involved the possibility/probability of McInnes being the new manager has emanated from the media (tv/radio/written press) yet it's fucking Rangers being made out as if they have done wrong ?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#2310 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:31 AM

Aberdeen actually came out with a statement regarding McInnes.

I'm still not fussed if we get him or not.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#2311 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:32 AM

Looking at Kings statement they were obviously waiting for someone else to put themselves forward

#2312 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:49 PM

While trawling through match threads from last season i came across a very disturbing fact. From the day Pedro came to Rangers until the end of the season Rangers won more points than Aberdeen. 

A demotivated Rangers team who were trying out various formations and untried youngsters won more points than McInnes's Aberdeen.

#2313 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:38 PM

Ryan Jack has lost his appeal against the red card he got at Pittodrie. This was a certainty having had the previous two laughable reds rescinded....no way was he getting a third. A guy plays the ball fully but after the ball is cleared, because the opponent wasn't fully committed to the tackle, Jack's momentum meant his foot was travelling forward and caught May's leg/ankle and is shown a red?

http://www.skysports...ved-at-aberdeen

#2314 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:50 PM

Ryan Jack has lost his appeal against the red card he got at Pittodrie. This was a certainty having had the previous two laughable reds rescinded....no way was he getting a third. A guy plays the ball fully but after the ball is cleared, because the opponent wasn't fully committed to the tackle, Jack's momentum meant his foot was travelling forward and caught May's leg/ankle and is shown a red?

http://www.skysports...ved-at-aberdeen

Similar to Kiernan against Motherwell. If you remember he was given a retrospective Red card for a 'punch' against St Johnstone but won his appeal. A few weeks later lost an appeal for a challenge at Motherwell that was no more than a yellow

#2315 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 04:00 PM

Was on youtube looking for a link to the game and came across a heading 'Rangers Songs' so couldn't get link to game so decided to see what songs they had picked. First song..Build My Gallows. WTF!!! Since when did that become a 'Rangers Song'??? Unbelievable

#2316 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:01 PM

Just heard on STV news that Murty has said that the Director of Football will sign players in future.....does that mean NO managerial input?

#2317 Makdee

Makdee

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:03 PM

Just heard on STV news that Murty has said that the Director of Football will sign players in future.....does that mean NO managerial input?

No managers will have input  but the final decision lies with the DoF

#2318 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:13 PM

No managers will have input  but the final decision lies with the DoF

Would that be regards the financial aspects ? Because I would presume the footballing/skill side would ultimately lie with the manager/coach.

#2319 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:25 PM

Would that be regards the financial aspects ? Because I would presume the footballing/skill side would ultimately lie with the manager/coach.

TBH i think it has been this way for a long time at many clubs. Managers go with a list of players and then Chief Executives / Board / Chairmen/ DoF go and try and sign them.

I believe Rangers DoF heads up the new improved scouting set up. Saying 'improved' is maybe taking it too far considering our previous scouting network was the Football Manager database

Manager , DoF and scouts will all be identifying targets

Morgan looks like he is Celtic bound after Rangers have shown little interest.

Moult wants to head back down the road so it might not be on

Kenny McLean will sign either in January but more likely a pre contract

Jamie Walker has been allowed to talk to clubs for about 10 days but so far there has been nothing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rangers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users