rangers

2245 replies to this topic

#21 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:33 AM

aye but the thing is it is not up to the manager whether the football director role is filled - it will be the CE or Board. Manager may be consulted, but if a Board felt this was the way forward then the manager would be expected to do as he is told.

Always wonder why a mind coach cant get a better job :?:

It's officially not up to the manager, you are right, but the board / CE know that most managers won't accept what they would see as being undermined. It would affect the current manager, as well as future recruitment. The tide is turning though.

#22 Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:53 AM

G.D. All......I agree with Craig.....just on an off shoot in similarity.....Steve McClaren's supposed to be a Good Manager and Coach......but is Ashley THE MIND COACH.....????? ......If setting up one, I suppose its ok if you get the right one.....look at Newcastle's position.....BOTTOM OF THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

Happy Days

#23 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 04:40 PM

Charles Green now after Rangers to pay his legal fees!

Former Rangers chief executive Charles Green is taking the club to court in a bid to get them to pay his legal fees after he was charged with serious organised crime offences.

BBC Scotland has learned that Mr Green claims his contract with the Ibrox club entitled him to legal cover during and after his spell in charge.

His lawyers have written to Rangers and want a court ruling on the claim.

It is understood the fees involved could be in excess of £500,000.

The court ruling could happen as early as next week.

Mr Green and a number of others, including the club's former owner Craig Whyte, were arrested and charged earlier this month.

The moves followed an investigation by Police Scotland into off-field events at the club in 2012 and 2013

From BBC 

#24 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 70,498 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:20 PM

This fucker is surely having a laugh. Mind ye, he probably wrote the term into his own contract.....A corkscrew holds nothing on this twisted, greedy bastard. A never ending story indeed.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#25 Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:25 PM

Hi All, I remember when Charlie boy did the same at Sheffield Utd a few years ago, within a year he stripped the club, sold what players he could and walked away....untouchable,

Police Scotland has only one door to knock on to ask questions after all He sold the club,!!!!!!

Watched the match last night on tv........a lot depends on what money is available for new players when we get into the SPL to a certain degree we didn't get the rub of the green......some players we have don't match up to the right criteria required.

Happy Days

Edited by Fast Eddie, 23 September 2015 - 06:26 PM.

#26 gascoigne8

gascoigne8

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:13 PM

wee talking point for us genuine Rangers fans on the forum and of course fans of other teams if they want to have a sensible input... be good to hear peoples opinions on what they think of the Bears ever changing the name of the stadium if someone came in to sponsor it?.I know its a subject which divides opinion with the guys i know.I personally wouldn't mind if it gave us serious investment in the stadium and surrounding area outside Ibrox,the stadium needs it and there is loads you can do to renovate it.As long obviously the name wasn't something to daft and we done well out of it i would be up for it!.Arsenal Man City Leicester and endless clubs both here and in Europe have utilised this to get impressive stadiums and money in the bank,times have changed and it's really to me no big deal..it will always be Ibrox to me...be good to hear your views..IN WARBS WE TRUST

#27 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:23 PM

The Wonga Stadium ?

ooops couldn't resist  :-D

Rangers or anybody else in Scottish football cannot afford to turnaway decent dosh for stadium naming rights. however it needs to project the right image - The Tony Macaroni Arena is a fecking joke - corporate vandalism by Livingston in my opinion

#28 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,264 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:41 PM

Doesn't matter what sponsor's name might be chosen.

To me, and probably most Gers fans, it will always be Ibrox.

Shit Creek

#29 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:55 PM

This fucker is surely having a laugh. Mind ye, he probably wrote the term into his own contract.....A corkscrew holds nothing on this twisted, greedy bastard. A never ending story indeed.

I remember the days though when anyone with a disparaging or cautionary word about that guy was given it both barrels, rememeber those days Dog?? :think: :think:

#30 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,750 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:58 PM

wee talking point for us genuine Rangers fans on the forum and of course fans of other teams if they want to have a sensible input... be good to hear peoples opinions on what they think of the Bears ever changing the name of the stadium if someone came in to sponsor it?.I know its a subject which divides opinion with the guys i know.I personally wouldn't mind if it gave us serious investment in the stadium and surrounding area outside Ibrox,the stadium needs it and there is loads you can do to renovate it.As long obviously the name wasn't something to daft and we done well out of it i would be up for it!.Arsenal Man City Leicester and endless clubs both here and in Europe have utilised this to get impressive stadiums and money in the bank,times have changed and it's really to me no big deal..it will always be Ibrox to me...be good to hear your views..IN WARBS WE TRUST

I agree with you Gascoigne that certain fans will always know and refer to it as Ibrox, so using that train of thought its a no brainer to take the money. For me the naming of a stadium is kind of irrelevant (although as you say as long as its not ridiculous (Livingston)

Some will see it as a sell out and a bad thing but as Elchappy says in todays climate who can afford to turn away that kind of investment

I would be of the same mind if Celtic were thinking about it

#31 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,345 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:02 PM

Hate the idea, would resist any potential investment........what next, change the name of the team, colour of the strip......nup, no way for me.

#32 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,750 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:04 PM

Hate the idea, would resist any potential investment........what next, change the name of the team, colour of the strip......nup, no way for me.

Camshy nobody is suggesting renaming the team or changing the colours mate, Rangers and the board would have control over that

#33 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:35 PM

Mate is doing the following for charity. Great cause.

http://www.rangersch...d=575&Itemid=85

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#34 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:00 AM

Sponsor @ Ibrox would suit me. Money for nothing.

#35 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:00 AM

Sponsor @ Ibrox would suit me. Money for nothing.

That was an example, not me simply saying that it suits me to have a sponsor.

Eg. Mcbookie @ Ibrox

#36 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,264 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:43 AM

Gregg's Pies @ Ibrox                                                5.gif

Shit Creek

#37 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,498 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:10 PM

I remember the days though when anyone with a disparaging or cautionary word about that guy was given it both barrels, rememeber those days Dog?? :think: :think:

You make it sound so simple shagger and it was nothing like that. You know full well why I and other bears started retaliating....now we don't want to return to all that...Do we?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#38 Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:45 PM

Hi All,   Rugby league have renamed their club.....i.e.  Wakefield Wildcats....Warrington Wolves....Salford Reds....Whitehaven Warriors..... names but not their stadiums, the question being which massive companies in Scotland can throw money at the clubs to do the same as stadium names for... Arsenal, Man City and a few others.

Def not Sports Direct............................Go careful.....................no change for me......IBROX ........will do.

Happy Days 

#39 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,498 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:02 PM

Always has been always will be Ibrox Stadium for me...however if some company wanted to fling a serious amount of money for some kind of advertising right (as The ******* Ibrox Stadium) and as long as there was no connection to Sports Direct and they didn't get any cut of the cash then it wouldn't bother me.

#40 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,721 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:07 PM

Always has been always will be Ibrox Stadium for me...however if some company wanted to fling a serious amount of money for some kind of advertising right (as The ******* Ibrox Stadium) and as long as there was no connection to Sports Direct and they didn't get any cut of the cash then it wouldn't bother me.

I agree, if it generates cash then i wouldnt mind it either at CP , we call it parkheed , well most do and its not its right name.

Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rangers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users