Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 65,854 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:34 AM

Guess where I am going next summer?

:) :) :) :) :)

Pitch and putting.....

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,255 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:35 AM

Pitch and putting.....

Yeah, that too. Leaving at 10:45 :)

#4 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,854 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:46 AM

Yeah, that too. Leaving at 10:45 :)

today for G'bury or P & P ?...we need to know....

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#5 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,255 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:47 AM

today for G'bury or P & P ?...we need to know....

I wouldn't mind if it were Glastonbury. A celebratory round of golf with my dad while we discuss the fun we will have next summer.

#6 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,255 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:32 PM

Coldplay have self confirmed that they are headlining the Sunday night. 

#7 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,482 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:38 PM

Coldplay have self confirmed that they are headlining the Sunday night. 

Could pop them into Hairy's "Most boring of all time" thread

#8 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,255 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:39 PM

Could pop them into Hairy's "Most boring of all time" thread

I like them, although this will be the third time I've seen them headline Glastonbury. That's probably too many times.

#9 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,255 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:52 AM

I'm outside the festival with a can on tennents. Can't wait to get in.

#10 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,255 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:24 AM

I hate mud.

#11 Goanjock

Goanjock

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:25 PM

Muse are sounding great......hope you are having a great time Craig :-)

#12 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,482 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:05 PM

Personally I still dont really get Muse (and I've tried), a wall of sound but are there really any tunes there? Not for me.

#13 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,482 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:12 PM

gone red button to see The Foals

#14 conboy543

conboy543

Promising Youth Player

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:18 PM

Edited by conboy543, 24 June 2016 - 11:19 PM.

#15 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:19 PM

Radio 5 live commenting on how many artists at Glastonbury remarking or changing lyrics to mention the Euro referendum, most/all were for remaining, funnily so were many of the punters too, they must know something 52% of the population didnt!!!

#16 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,482 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:22 PM

Radio 5 live commenting on how many artists at Glastonbury remarking or changing lyrics to mention the Euro referendum, most/all were for remaining, funnily so were many of the punters too, they must know something 52% of the population didnt!!!

why not, the entire population of my facebook have turned into politicians overnight too....

#17 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,854 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 04:58 AM

Caught part of the set by the Texan rockers,....ZZ Top....brilliant...

#18 Goanjock

Goanjock

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 09:39 PM

What an amazing tribute from Coldplay to Viola Beach......may those young lads RIP.......

#19 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,255 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:41 PM

Ok, here’s a bit of a review / list of bands that I seen. Bear in mind that my mind wasn’t entirely clear during the days of the festival, so there may be acts that I can’t recall seeing and banter that I may have forgotten.

Thursday

Steve Davis - the crowd was mental for him, because there wasn’t much else on at the time. There were four or five guys in full crucible gear, complete with snooker cues. They managed to get into the packed out tent due to the clobber, which was nice of the security. Music wise, I think 99% was disappointed. After the first song, many people left the tent. After the second song, even the guys in the snooker gear left. Great sportsman, not very good DJ.

Somebody b2b with Tiga - far too hot in the crammed tent. Added to the fact that I wasn’t entirely sure what was going on.

Eats Everything - Big Disks was superb, as was a lot of his set. He came on at 3am, so I was getting a little tired near the end. Luckily I had a fence to lean against.

A little too much Tennent's if I am totally honest.

#20 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,255 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:51 PM

Friday

It took me two cans of tennents and some jack daniels to get up and about, but I was up and about by the back of nine.

James - first on, but were an hour late due to the front of the stage area being closed off, pending wood chipping. Michael Eavis came on stage to say hello and ask us to be polite. I love that guy. They didn’t play sit down, which was rubbish. Not overly impressed, despite their stature.

Elle King - One reason I like writing these lists/reviews is because it reminds me who I seen. I totally forgot that I seen her. She was on at 1pm, which fitted in nicely with James’ late start. There’s something quite sexy about her. Add in the superb bluesy voice and she won me over. I hadn’t heard anything other than her single, but I really like her.

Christine and the queens & frightened rabbit - seen both from my tent, but wasn’t my main focus.

Jess Glynne - Only seen the end of her, but she seemed decent. I was distracted by a bearded gentleman driving past me near the end. Mr Eavis is a busy man.

ZZ Top - I am a little ashamed to admit that I knew very little about them. Big beards, right? I seen their whole set after a wee five minute nap and loved it. He is a superb guitarist who, like most of his calibre, make it look so easy. I’m definitely a fan now.

Muse - Despite having seen so many acts during the day, the power of their opener was awe inspiring. They instantly reminded me why they are there and why they have headlined Glastonbury three times. I’ve seen them each time they have headlined. If it weren’t for other headliners, they might have been a highlight.

Carl Cox - He was at Arcadia - a big spider thing. The only downside was that the flames weren’t on for some reason. Good quality dance music for me to stand and listen to with my tenants.

The south east corner was full, so I don’t  think we had a late one that night. I can’t really remember though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: glastonbury

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users