1059 replies to this topic

#21 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 04:51 PM

Ffs..... I'll be in France.....

My eldest daughter was born on the 23rd of June 1998. The last time Scotland played in a major tournament. We played Morocco that night in the World Cup. I always tell her she is a jinx as she was actually born about 30 minutes after the final whistle and we havent been near a major tournament since!!!!   Not that i would have been watching the football while my Ex wife was in Labour. No sir No sireee.. ;-)

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#22 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 30,311 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:03 PM

Yep....here is the forthcoming year's estimated production...

cooking_oil_2375123b.jpg

:lol:
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#23 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:11 PM

A lot of the immigration is people doing jobs no sane British person would do.

On a totally unrelated matter, is Farages wife not German

#24 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 30,311 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:27 PM

A lot of the immigration is people doing jobs no sane British person would do.
On a totally unrelated matter, is Farages wife not German

There is a wee Polish Barmaid in my local..... I'm quite smitten by her :D

Immigration ain't all bad ye know.....
Posted Image

#25 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:32 PM

Will they bring back duty free?

#26 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 66,485 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:33 PM

There is a wee Polish Barmaid in my local..... I'm quite smitten by her :D

Immigration ain't all bad ye know.....

Pics....revealingarmentyish.... ;)

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#27 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 66,485 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:34 PM

Will they bring back duty free?

I'd imagine we'd be fucked with that one..... :lol:

Health and safety ye see.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#28 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:37 PM

I'd imagine we'd be fucked with that one..... :lol:

Health and safety ye see.

Duty free might be a vote winner for me.

Nothing makes me more likely to choose than cheap booze lol

#29 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 66,485 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:45 PM

Duty free might be a vote winner for me.

Nothing makes me more likely to choose than cheap booze lol

There's no duty free at the moment if you're bringing in from another EU country (apart from the Canaries). You can bring in as much as you want as long as it's for personal use....

#30 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:47 PM

There's no duty free at the moment if you're bringing in from another EU country (apart from the Canaries). You can bring in as much as you want as long as it's for personal use....

But if we weren't an EU country

Duty free a gogo??

#31 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 66,485 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:54 PM

But if we weren't an EU country

Duty free a gogo??

As far as European countries go......That would be for the Government to decide & allow/disallow.....I don't know if it would be the UK Government or the Scottish Executive. There is an element of Duty Free from countries outwith the EU at the moment.

#32 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:57 PM

As far as European countries go......That would be for the Government to decide & allow/disallow.....I don't know if it would be the UK Government or the Scottish Executive. There is an element of Duty Free from countries outwith the EU at the moment.

I read that as yes John there will be cheap gin.

#33 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 66,485 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:01 PM

I read that as yes John there will be cheap gin.

The present system is actually better for EU countries than Duty Free from said countries because with 'Duty Free' you were limited as to the amount you could bring back....At the moment when abroad in an EU country the price is still the same but you can bring back as much as you want as long as it's for personal use.

#34 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:13 PM

The present system is actually better for EU countries than Duty Free from said countries because with 'Duty Free' you were limited as to the amount you could bring back....At the moment when abroad in an EU country the price is still the same but you can bring back as much as you want as long as it's for personal use.

So I read at as yes vote means more cheap gin, than a no vote.
Okey dokey

Being serious, I need to look into the whole picture. It is a big decision, I can understand the frustration some have with migration, but that is not a real factor in my life.

Edited by achnasheen, 22 February 2016 - 07:13 PM.

#35 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 30,311 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:20 PM

Pics....revealingarmentyish.... ;)

I'll do my best. ....
Posted Image

#36 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 66,485 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:22 PM

Okey dokey

Being serious, I need to look into the whole picture. It is a big decision, I can understand the frustration some have with migration, but that is not a real factor in my life.

If you mean yes as in 'to remain in the EU' then that's correct.

#37 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 30,311 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:23 PM

Okey dokey

Probably not great for cross border business on my island .....

I'll listen to all sides myself.
Posted Image

#38 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 07:29 PM

Probably not great for cross border business on my island .....

I'll listen to all sides myself.

To be fair that border has always been a touch porous.

#39 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 4,379 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:04 PM

If you want cheap drink then dont vote for the Natzi Party who want to bring in minimum pricing on booze.

I worked in a factory in Bridge Of Weir which employed a few hundred local people. We earned a pretty poor basic salary but with O/T and a very generous bonus / piece work system you could walk out with a very decent wage. Put it this way i was earning more than my two mates who were skilled workers. I was there for about 10 years and one day they walked in and said they were halving the workforce and anybody with under 3 years service would be paid off. Next day they carried out this threat and something i never want to see again. Guys had families and mortgages FFS!! Naturally we all thought there was a serious decline in business but my job was the last process before the goods left the factory so i could see far from a dip in business we were putting out more but the O/T we were being asked to do was ridiculous...they had made us sign a waiver on the working hours directive. I said then they would bring in agency workers to replace the guys they had paid off but the Shop Steward said NEVER!! 6 months later it started. Eastern European agency workers started and were willing to do the Bonus jobs for Minimum wage. Some of the lads I was working with were getting £14 per hour and I would have been on just over £10 per hour which was good money for an unskilled worker 15-20 years ago. Now these jobs are all taken by Poles working for the minimum wage.

It is not a case of them doing jobs we are not prepared to do. It is a case of them willing to do jobs for half the money! I don't hold any grudges against the company. They were just taking advantage of European Laws. I don't blame the Poles as individuals they are only doing what is right for them and their families. Most if not all batter in for a few months and save like mad then go home and live it up for a few months before returning to batter in again.

Through personal experience I feel as if I should be voting to leave the EU but as I have always done I will vote for what I believe is best for the Country as a whole. I will wait and hear both sides of the argument before deciding what way to vote.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#40 Angry Finn

Angry Finn

Promising Youth Player

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:34 PM

Why are you all so weird in UK? You are welcome to leave the Union. You can burn down the whole Island if you want. Go on guys! I just don't understand why are you so self-destructive, but I wish you good luck with your collapsing economy. Welcome back to Union in 2020!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users