83 replies to this topic

#21 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 32,224 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:03 PM

Who pays for it?

Is this a replacement for Social Services?
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#22 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:05 PM

What will this person recommend to the powers that be, if a child is reared in a poverty household to loving parents. ......?

Witchcraft

Burning at the stake

#23 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,422 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:07 PM

Who pays for it?

Is this a replacement for Social Services?

This is another aspect that has not been explained Bastion. Irrespective of 'who pays for it' which is very important...ie IS it going to actually be paid for ......OR are these responsibilities lumped on to current overworked people. There has been no mention that I am aware of regards the Social Services.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#24 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,422 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:10 PM

Just because there are agencies to deal with 'problem' families doesnt mean all are addressed, somwe kids and families fall through the cracks

There always has been and always will be....this ill-thought out scheme won't solve that. How many 'lessons' have we been told have been learned over many years.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#25 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:11 PM

This is another aspect that has not been explained Bastion. Irrespective of 'who pays for it' which is very important...ie IS it going to actually be paid for ......OR are these responsibilities lumped on to current overworked people. There has been no mention that I am aware of regards the Social Services.

Dug, I'm not sure if it workable or even any good, but I do know the biased media is not the place to learn!

#26 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,422 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:14 PM

Dug, I'm not sure if it workable or even any good, but I do know the biased media is not the place to learn!

Where do you suggest that the public in the main obtain information....why do you say the media is biased on this occasion? Also part of what I've stated has come from the mouths of politicians mate.

#27 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:15 PM

What will this person recommend to the powers that be, if a child is reared in a poverty household to loving parents. ......?

That they are doing their best, it takes a heck of a lot more than that for concerns to be raised, trust me

#28 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:16 PM

Where do you suggest that the public in the main obtain information....why do you say the media is biased on this occasion? Also part of what I've stated has come from the mouths of politicians mate.

Media are biased in every occasion

#29 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:17 PM

There always has been and always will be....this ill-thought out scheme won't solve that. How many 'lessons' have we been told have been learned over many years.

Look closely though, many of the serious issues raised have been in England when there is no multi agency discussion or work done.  I'm not saying mistakes are not made in Scotland though

#30 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:17 PM

And on top of that will look for a sensationalist angle, that's thats sells newspapers etc

#31 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,422 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:18 PM

Nope....not where council tax was frozen....not where free prescriptions were introduced.

#32 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,422 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:21 PM

And on top of that will look for a sensationalist angle, that's thats sells newspapers etc

so if it's not reported via the media where in general do the public get the info...certainly not the full whack from politicians who support this. Those who support this scheme will only give out parts that suit their agenda. I'd trust a newspaper before a politician....that's for sure.

#33 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,224 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:22 PM

That they are doing their best, it takes a heck of a lot more than that for concerns to be raised, trust me

But is that acceptable to this new body.....?
Posted Image

#34 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:23 PM

Nope....not where council tax was frozen....not where free prescriptions were introduced.

Nope, remember Daily Mail slated that one with the angle that millionaires would get prescriptions on the state, and how was that fair!

#35 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:24 PM

But is that acceptable to this new body.....?

This is not there for that, it seems to me it is an extra safeguard to protect those kids where the families issues bubble under the surface but not all is seen, again I just dont see what all the fuss is about

#36 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:25 PM

so if it's not reported via the media where in general do the public get the info...certainly not the full whack from politicians who support this. Those who support this scheme will only give out parts that suit their agenda. I'd trust a newspaper before a politician....that's for sure.

That is the choice of trusting a drug dealer or drug user! Read the papers but realise the agenda

#37 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,224 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:27 PM

This is not there for that, it seems to me it is an extra safeguard to protect those kids where the families issues bubble under the surface but not all is seen, again I just dont see what all the fuss is about

I don't think you can make that call without Transparency. ......

You need to know what it is!
Posted Image

#38 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,172 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:28 PM

Bastion.....I've lived in my home for coming up 34 years....in that time I've had ONE....yep ONE visit from any form of political candidate call. So ye can understand why banter has been curtailed at my gaff.......................Plenty of their shitey leaflets pop through the letterbox......stuff that I've got to dispose of! Cunts, the lot of them.

Dug, I had Danny Alexander at my door prior to last National elections. Not often I can say that I've had a Knight outside my front door although I have had plenty of night's out.

All that said he was made a Knight after his fall from grace, an interesting insight into how it is. All this said I cannot add anything else to what has been said. Just the Government trying to legislate it's way out of responsibility and giving the burden to someone else.

#39 achnasheen

achnasheen

Sir Raheem Sterling

• Members
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:32 PM

Dug, I had Danny Alexander at my door prior to last National elections. Not often I can say that I've had a Knight outside my front door although I have had plenty of night's out.

All that said he was made a Knight after his fall from grace, an interesting insight into how it is. All this said I cannot add anything else to what has been said. Just the Government trying to legislate it's way out of responsibility and giving the burden to someone else.

Met him going into the Scottish open at Castle Stuart, seemed nice enough until the father in law asked if he was paying for his ticket. Scarpered sharpish with no answer lol

#40 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,422 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 12:32 PM

That is the choice of trusting a drug dealer or drug user! Read the papers but realise the agenda

Oh I realise the agenda John and I can make my mind up irrespective of what I read and what I hear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users