• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:42 AM

I'm having issues with the reminder emails at the moment. I'm trying to fix it. If you received a reminder email this morning, please let me know.

#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 70,972 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:57 AM

Nup

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:14 AM

Nup

Are you signed up to receive reminder emails?

#4 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:16 AM

Are you signed up to receive reminder emails?

Yep....I have received numerous from you but if you're sweeping me to the side, well.....

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#5 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:17 AM

Yep....I have received numerous from you but if you're sweeping me to the side, well.....

I tested it out by entering my email address in the "to" field and after receiving more than 300 emails into my inbox, I concluded that the code was working fine. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work after I changed the code to send them out for real. I will have to do more investigation.

#6 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:21 AM

I tested it out by entering my email address in the "to" field and after receiving more than 300 emails into my inbox, I concluded that the code was working fine. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work after I changed the code to send them out for real. I will have to do more investigation.

Here to help.......... :D .............................not me of course but......................cartoon-sherlock-holmes-magnifying-glass

#7 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

aka Krys on the SFF Podcast

• 6,474 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:27 PM

They were hiding in my spam folder.

#8 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:16 AM

They were hiding in my spam folder.

At least they are getting sent out. My email provider stopped their free service. I missed their reminders about the closure and then had to rush something through as it ended during the week. I'm just using php mail as a stop gap. I'm sure I need to setup something in my DNS to stop it going into spam.

#9 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:46 AM

At least they are getting sent out. My email provider stopped their free service. I missed their reminders about the closure and then had to rush something through as it ended during the week. I'm just using php mail as a stop gap. I'm sure I need to setup something in my DNS to stop it going into spam.

Still nowt in Dugland.....

#10 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:59 AM

Still nowt in Dugland.....

i'm working on a better implementation of the email sending. That will hopefully be completed today.

#11 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:14 AM

On a related note, I have changed the forum's email system to use a new company. That seems to be working ok. I will update the reminder code shortly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users