• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:34 AM

It's been rumoured for a few days, but now Sky Sports are reporting that Rossiter is in Glasgow to seal the deal

#2 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:51 AM

Great news and quite a coup I'm led to believe. Lad is supposedly valued at quite a few million so could be looking at a tidy return if he stays fit and performs like touted.

#3 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

aka Krys on the SFF Podcast

• 6,474 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

Have you read Scott's theory on thefootyblog.net? Thought it was an interesting one, and something I could see being exploited more if they loophole isn't closed.

http://www.thefootyb...ngers-or-spurs/

#4 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 17,877 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:48 PM

Have you read Scott's theory on thefootyblog.net? Thought it was an interesting one, and something I could see being exploited more if they loophole isn't closed.

that theory would be fooked if Liverpool inserted a buy back clause which surely they will rather than let a potential future Gerrard walk away for £250k?

#5 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:56 PM

Told yous this would happen :)
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#6 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:21 PM

Told yous this would happen :)

You da man in da know bro....apl-de-ap-apl-de-ap-The-Black-Eyed-Peas-

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#7 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:05 PM

There is a chance that this does happen. It doesn't sit well with me exploiting things like that, but if it's allowed.

#8 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 04:06 PM

that theory would be fooked if Liverpool inserted a buy back clause which surely they will rather than let a potential future Gerrard walk away for £250k?

I'm sure there will be many clauses in the deal, in addition to the standard fee.

#9 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:49 PM

Liverpool can't have any influence on the clause of the contract because we are not buying him from them even though they receive money.......it's the development fee we will be paying and any clause in the contract, if there are any, will be made by the young lad but I doubt it given his age, lack of first team football etc.

He is hardly in a position to dictate his terms but as I said before this is a good bit of business by Rangers and potentially one where quite a lot if money is being made.

#10 Donald

Donald

Veteran

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 02:48 AM

That's a very plausible theory although I think the move was more likely down to Rangers head of recruitment Frank McParlands previous ties with Liverpool and Warburtons reputation for developing young players. I don't think we need Spurs to mastermind anything here.

Anyway if Rangers did give Spurs the right of first refusal in exchange for 250K and the loan of a couple of quality young players over the next few seasons I've got no problem with that. Basically everyone wins, except Liverpool and they made the conscious decision to let the boys contract run out in the first place.

Mind you if Liverpool were trying to save a few pounds on the kids wages how much more than they were offering are Rangers paying him, surely even as a 19 year old he would be on as much at Liverpool as most of our squad.

Still now that the deals done I'm over the moon. Another smart, imaginative piece of business showing how much the club has progressed in less than a season.

We've still got the cup final to savour and already I can't wait for next season. What a difference a year makes.       

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jordan rossiter, rangers, liverpool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users