BBC ONE HD/SKY SPORTS 1 HD - 3PM

Hampden Park

Final league position

Rangers 1st – 81 points

Hibs 3rd – 70 points

Latest form(10 matches)

Rangers – LWDWWWLDLD

Hibs – DWWDWWLWDL

Head-to-Head in 15/16(3 wins to 2 for The Rangers)

Hibs 2-6 Rangers: 25/7/15 – Tav, Waggy x 2, Halliday and Miller x 2(Stanton, Cummings)

Rangers 1-0 Hibs: 23/8/15 – Tav

Hibs 2-1 Rangers: 1/11/15 – McGregor OG(Cummings, Hanlon)

Rangers 4-2 Hibs: 28/12/15 - Holt x 2, Clark and Waggy(Cummings, Malonga)

Hibs 3-2 Rangers: 20/4/16 – Holt and McKay(Cummings, Fod O.G, Gunnarsson)

Biggest victories

Rangers 10-0 Hibs – Season 1898/99

Hibs 5-0 Rangers – Season 1911/12

Head-to-Head record(Scottish cup)

Rangers – 3

Hibs – 1

Draw – 1

Scottish cup results 2015/2016

Rangers - 5-1 vs Cowdenbeath, 0-0 vs Kilmarnock(2-1 in replay) 4-0 vs Dundee and Pens victory vs the scum

Hibs - 2-0 vs Raith, 2-2 vs Hearts(1-0 in replay) 1-1 vs ICT(2-1 in replay) and pens victory vs Dundee United

Key opposition players

Cummings – 24 goals

John McGinn – 6 assists

Anthony Stokes – 5 goals

Missing players

Forrester(Doubtful)

Templeton(Injured)

MOH/King(Ineligible)

Ball(Suspended)

Possible starting line-ups

Rangers

Foderingham

Tavernier Kiernan Wilson Wallace

Halliday Holt Zelalem(Shiels)

Waghorn Miller McKay

Hibs

Oxley

Gray Hanlon McGregor Fontaine Stevenson

McGinn Fyvie Bartley

Stokes Cummings

#2 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,174 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:37 AM

First cup final between two teams in the lower division in quite a number of years and will also see the first time a club outwith the top league winning it since the 30s I believe.......quite astonishing.

Hope fully will be an open game but I can see Hibs sitting in deep with numbers looking to break with Rangers looking to attack.
Not sure if the disappointment of losing out on promotion will be a bad thing or not but I think if both teams play their A game then only one winner of course.......3-1 Rangers.

#3 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 68,826 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:37 AM

I'm thinking this could be a close game so, biased as I am, on that basis I would opt for a 2-1 victory for the Teddy Bears. On the other hand I'm thinking that if the Gers get off to a stormer and score early it could be a demolition in which case I would go 4 or 5 - 1 to the boys in blue. Either way I hope it is a bloody good game with great football. I shall be having a good wager on my usual bet. 

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#4 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,782 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:27 AM

First cup final between two teams in the lower division in quite a number of years and will also see the first time a club outwith the top league winning it since the 30s I believe.......quite astonishing.

Hope fully will be an open game but I can see Hibs sitting in deep with numbers looking to break with Rangers looking to attack.
Not sure if the disappointment of losing out on promotion will be a bad thing or not but I think if both teams play their A game then only one winner of course.......3-1 Rangers.

I'm thinking this could be a close game so, biased as I am, on that basis I would opt for a 2-1 victory for the Teddy Bears. On the other hand I'm thinking that if the Gers get off to a stormer and score early it could be a demolition in which case I would go 4 or 5 - 1 to the boys in blue. Either way I hope it is a bloody good game with great football. I shall be having a good wager on my usual bet. 

If Rangers play like they did in the semi-final then I can't see Hibs avoiding a hiding.

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#5 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,826 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:59 PM

Heard on radio after the semis that it hadn't been done before Cam.....

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#6 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,174 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:04 PM

Heard on radio after the semis that it hadn't been done before Cam.....

Maybe I picked it up wrong but certainly no team outside the top league has won it since the 30s, just shows how good these teams are despite the recent loss of form that the Hibees are suffering.

I already have my ticket and usually I don't have a drink at the football but I will be making and exception for this one and hitting Shawlands for 11.30

#7 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,826 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:19 PM

Maybe I picked it up wrong but certainly no team outside the top league has won it since the 30s, just shows how good these teams are despite the recent loss of form that the Hibees are suffering.

I already have my ticket and usually I don't have a drink at the football but I will be making and exception for this one and hitting Shawlands for 11.30

Had good sessions in the Clockwork Beer Co near Hampden and the Mission on Battlefield Road....enjoy, wherever you end up mate.

#8 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:19 PM

Is there a pre party for fans?

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#9 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,174 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:22 PM

Eh I don't think so Jay but most fans tend to hit the pubs around the area, lots to choose from and every single one will be packed.
Hopefully a day like today weather wise and it makes the final that bit better.

#10 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,826 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:23 PM

Eh I don't think so Jay but most fans tend to hit the pubs around the area, lots to choose from and every single one will be packed.

Should be fine in Glasgow cos forecast says there'll be no Sunshine on Leith....... :D

#11 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,826 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:29 PM

I recall the League Cup final 1993 at Parkhead where we were playing the Hibs....our bus members settled down in the Bowlers in Bridgeton when in walked a team of Hibees....not looking for bother but the staff weren't taking any chances and ejected them....We won 2-1 that day....wee Durrant and Super Ally were our heroes that day. The wife and I were in the seated jungle area.....Sash in the jungle we sang the Sash in the Jungle......memories......

#12 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,174 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:35 PM

Not sure what the ticket sales are like on the Hibs side, I hope they sell out their allocation as I know own the Rangers end will be packed.

Caught a glimpse of the woman's FA Cup final there and couldn't help but notice they had a far higher attendance than the recent cup final between Hibs and R County. Wow

#13 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,826 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:43 PM

Not sure what the ticket sales are like on the Hibs side, I hope they sell out their allocation as I know own the Rangers end will be packed.

Caught a glimpse of the woman's FA Cup final there and couldn't help but notice they had a far higher attendance than the recent cup final between Hibs and R County. Wow

Chelsea were overwhelming favs for that game but were utter keech.....

#14 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,038 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:02 PM

Should be fine in Glasgow cos forecast says there'll be no Sunshine on Leith....... :D

Poor Davie.......
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#15 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,826 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:05 PM

Poor Davie.......

Chariot's fucked mate...get that oil off your bod.....

#16 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,038 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:17 PM

Chariot's fucked mate...get that oil off your bod.....

Feel for Big Davie...... years in the wilderness. .......

Oh well...... can't be helped :D
Posted Image

#17 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,826 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:23 PM

Feel for Big Davie...... years in the wilderness. .......

Oh well...... can't be helped :D

1902 mate....

#18 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,038 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:25 PM

1902 mate....

Take it they won something?
Posted Image

#19 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,826 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:09 PM

Take it they won something?

Scottish Cup mate.....two world wars, moon landing and Baldrick's had numerous cunning plans since they last won it....No wonder Davie's hiding.....

#20 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,038 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:11 PM

Scottish Cup mate.....two world wars, moon landing and Baldrick's had numerous cunning plans since they last won it....No wonder Davie's hiding.....

Wonder if the team done a victory parade from Chariots........

:D
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users