• Please log in to reply
879 replies to this topic

#21 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:33 PM

South Stand Upper for this one. A few beers in Harrys Bar before and hopefully after the game. Weather and scoreline go the right way and it will be post match BBQ ;-)

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#22 Donald

Donald

Veteran

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:53 AM

South Stand Upper for this one. A few beers in Harrys Bar before and hopefully after the game. Weather and scoreline go the right way and it will be post match BBQ ;-)

I take it that with a forecast high of 13 degrees for Saturday the BBQ is solely to keep you from freezing your balls off.

#23 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:44 AM

I take it that with a forecast high of 13 degrees for Saturday the BBQ is solely to keep you from freezing your balls off.

The Sun Always Shines on the Righteous!!!

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#24 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,829 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:46 AM

Hey....don't you be dissing 13 degs Donald....that's decent over here man..... :lol:

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#25 Donald

Donald

Veteran

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:01 PM

Hey....don't you be dissing 13 degs Donald....that's decent over here man..... :lol:

Sorry 13 degrees hardly hacks it as a minimum temp. Does remind me why we made the move to Oz though.

#26 Donald

Donald

Veteran

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:11 PM

The Sun Always Shines on the Righteous!!!

But it's always pissing down in Scotland. ;-) 

#27 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,829 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:13 PM

Sorry 13 degrees hardly hacks it as a minimum temp. Does remind me why we made the move to Oz though.

Aye, I've been over your neck of the woods a few times so I know what you have to....ahem,  'suffer'....

btw....13 isny bad considering we've been waking up to 2 & 3 degs some days.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#28 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 01:52 PM

Sitting in The Beech Tree Inn beer garden in a sweltering 16 degrees

#29 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,829 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:00 PM

Wow....you'll be sweating that much you'll stain the seat.

#30 Donald

Donald

Veteran

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:40 PM

Couple of problems with this post, "sweltering 16 degrees" is clearly a type of oxymoron. And beer garden in Scotland doesn't make any sense. Smoking garden I can accept but beer garden, please.  

#31 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,772 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:30 AM

Mcbookie doing the bet £5 and if it loses get £5 back as a free bet.

Might try a correct score , worth a try.
Das it mane , Das it.

#32 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,175 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:56 PM

Well the end of the season is almost upon us, just two big games left with the Cup Final which is usually the last game of the season and then the play off game.

I wonder how the Hibs players have applied themselves this week after the disappointment of losing out to Falkirk, losing such an important game must have had an effect on the players and might just add a little more pressure for them in this tie. Of course it could have the opposite effect and make them more determined not to fail which I'm sure is how they will be treating it.

I hope they approach the game in the correct manner however and play a little openly, I don't expect them to be gung ho but leave at least one up top !!!

This will be a hard game for Rangers, as it will Hibs, and all the pressure is on the team from Glasgow and I think they will handle that pressure and come away with the cup and European football for next season.

#33 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:14 PM

Well the end of the season is almost upon us, just two big games left with the Cup Final which is usually the last game of the season and then the play off game.

I wonder how the Hibs players have applied themselves this week after the disappointment of losing out to Falkirk, losing such an important game must have had an effect on the players and might just add a little more pressure for them in this tie. Of course it could have the opposite effect and make them more determined not to fail which I'm sure is how they will be treating it.
I hope they approach the game in the correct manner however and play a little openly, I don't expect them to be gung ho but leave at least one up top !!!

This will be a hard game for Rangers, as it will Hibs, and all the pressure is on the team from Glasgow and I think they will handle that pressure and come away with the cup and European football for next season.

Rangers ended the season in bad form and haven't played competively for a few weeks so may be rusty.

It's last chance saloon for Hibs to win one of three trophies they were in contention for. Massive chance for the players to become legends by winning the trophy.

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#34 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,175 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:26 PM

Yeah it was a poor end to the season with the league already won and minds and competitive edge switched off, hopefully they are back on the ball and play with purpose but the lack of continuity must be a little concern for the manager...........I remain confident but totally accept it will be a difficult match and we will have to be at our best to get the victory.

#35 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

Rangers for me are clearly the better team here this season but for some reason I see this game ending in a draw after 90mins. Will the break have done Rangers any good? I dont know, I'd prefer the break if it was me to get ride of all the niggles that you pick up from a full season, Hibs too have had a week themselves to gee up. Rangers haven't won in their last 5 games, losing twice. Hibs too have lost twice in as many games but have won twice with the obvious disappointment of how the Falkirk playoff game finished in the last kick of the ball.

Everybody knows the hibs hoodoo with the Scottish Cup and if I was a Hibee (strike me down with a LRT bus) I'd have the mind set to bring home this cup by all means....

Draw after 90mins

#36 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,175 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 09:58 PM

That's the question Gaffa, which situation would you prefer ? I'm not sure which is better and arguments can be made for both but I think if both teams show up tomorrow then Rangers should manage to win but Football as we all know is a little more complicated than that .

#37 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:20 PM

That's the question Gaffa, which situation would you prefer ? I'm not sure which is better and arguments can be made for both but I think if both teams show up tomorrow then Rangers should manage to win but Football as we all know is a little more complicated than that

Form often goes out of the window on big occasions, look at the OF semi final, many people thought Celtic would scoosh the game (not me) but the opposite happened and Rangers deservedly won it.  From a Rangers perspective they had better hope they arent over confident, as it could bite them in the backside, on paper they are favourites

#38 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,175 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:32 PM

Form often goes out of the window on big occasions, look at the OF semi final, many people thought Celtic would scoosh the game (not me) but the opposite happened and Rangers deservedly won it.  From a Rangers perspective they had better hope they arent over confident, as it could bite them in the backside, on paper they are favourites

Yeah I agree but I dont think Warburton would allow that from the team Sheep, his whole ethos is about respect and I just cant see him allowing something like that to cross the players minds. Be confident yeah but not dismiss the opposition, thats the way it should be.

Nice wee clip of Halliday and McGinn talking about the Cup.

#39 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:42 PM

Yeah I agree but I dont think Warburton would allow that from the team Sheep, his whole ethos is about respect and I just cant see him allowing something like that to cross the players minds. Be confident yeah but not dismiss the opposition, thats the way it should be.

Nice wee clip of Halliday and McGinn talking about the Cup.

No manager would allow complacence, but subconsciously this can happen

#40 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:45 PM

Again the Hibees have sold out their tickets, which I give them credit for. I mean how often have Hibs been to Hampden recently? Its crazy and I don't mean that in a bad way!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users