• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 69,399 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:17 PM

wee Hammy still flying...surely it's in the bag......led from the start (I think)....

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#22 Goanjock

Goanjock

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:31 PM

wee Hammy still flying...surely it's in the bag......led from the start (I think)....

He did (or at least after the first yard :-) ).

Edited by Goanjock, 31 July 2016 - 01:31 PM.

#23 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,399 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:31 PM

He did (or at least after the first yard :-) ).

aye....it was some take off....

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#24 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,399 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:40 PM

A fine win for Lewis Hamilton....hope he can keep this up...

#25 Goanjock

Goanjock

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:44 PM

It didn't affect the winning of the race but not sure Rosberg deserved a penalty.......I will have to watch it again though and I am sure it will be played over and anylised shortly :-)

#26 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,399 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 01:55 PM

It didn't affect the winning of the race but not sure Rosberg deserved a penalty.......I will have to watch it again though and I am sure it will be played over and anylised shortly :-)

I know little about the rulings or definitions used for such incidents but.......from a layman's point of view it 'looked to me' that Rosberg was intent on forcing the other guy really wide (?) off the track as the turned the corner.

#27 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:12 PM

Rosberg told his team he had his steering on full lock so couldn't do any more. In truth, he never went to full lock until he forced Verstappen off the track.........similar to the incident with Hamilton

Screenshot%207_zpsld33ztyd.png

#28 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,976 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:18 PM

Rosberg told his team he had his steering on full lock so couldn't do any more. In truth, he never went to full lock until he forced Verstappen off the track.........similar to the incident with Hamilton

I remember another German F1 driver who also quoted 'mechanical glitches' as reasons for a number of dubious manoeuvres.

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#29 Goanjock

Goanjock

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:24 PM

I remember another German F1 driver who also quoted 'mechanical glitches' as reasons for a number of dubious manoeuvres.

Rosberg didn't blame mechanical failure.

#30 Goanjock

Goanjock

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:27 PM

I think he did have full lock on (you can see it in the replays) and the incident different to the one with Hamilton where he should have been hit with a penalty. 

#31 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,976 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:51 PM

Rosberg didn't blame mechanical failure.

Did you not spot that 'mechanical glitches'  is in quotes and italics? The inference of course being that anything and anyone but he was to blame.

Or do you think I am being racist?

Edited by Hairy Scot, 31 July 2016 - 08:52 PM.

#32 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:15 PM

I think he did have full lock on (you can see it in the replays) and the incident different to the one with Hamilton where he should have been hit with a penalty. 

Yes, he did have full lock on, but not when any driver would be expected to. He never turned into the corner. He put full lock on to stay on the track

#33 Goanjock

Goanjock

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:32 PM

Yes, he did have full lock on, but not when any driver would be expected to. He never turned into the corner. He put full lock on to stay on the track

You are probably right but I do think it was a close call and different from where the incident with Hamilton.

#34 Bundy

Bundy

G.G.M.U.

• 16,778 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:36 PM

You are probably right but I do think it was a close call and different from where the incident with Hamilton.

Yeah that was different. I think the Hamilton incident was blatant whereas this was more borderline racing incident

#35 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,399 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:35 PM

Having won the world championship on Sunday past, Nico Rosberg has just announced that he is retiring from F1.

#36 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,034 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:49 PM

Should be banned as a sport and called a hobby , boring as fuck and overpaid for driving round a track multiple times , plus lewis hamilton is little cunt.
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#37 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,399 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:10 PM

Should be banned as a sport and called a hobby , boring as fuck and overpaid for driving round a track multiple times , plus lewis hamilton is little cunt.

So, you're no that keen on it mate ?

#38 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,976 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:32 PM

No need to sit on the fence mate; tell us what you really think.    :-D

Just like to add that these guys are not drivers, they are just glorified computer operators. Let's get back to cars where you used both feet and hands to change gear.

#39 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:54 PM

cant blame Rosberg for retiring at 31

If only  I could have retired at 31 a multi millionaire

I agree with Hoopz though as I wouldn't like to be a team mate of Hamilton's coz he's a cunt

#40 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,976 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 07:05 PM

cant blame Rosberg for retiring at 31

If only  I could have retired at 31 a multi millionaire

I agree with Hoopz though as I wouldn't like to be a team mate of Hamilton's coz he's a cunt

I think that being a cunt is a common problem with a number of F1 drivers. I'm sure we could all name one or two who fall into that category.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users