Photo

What does the future hold for this season's relegated teams?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,173 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:58 PM

Its incredible but what will it mean for ES ?

#2 Goanjock

Goanjock

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:00 PM

I was listening to an interview with the chairman before the mach and he said they will survive and a plan is in place.

#3 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,367 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:17 PM

I was listening to an interview with the chairman before the mach and he said they will survive and a plan is in place.

I fear for them. 

#4 Goanjock

Goanjock

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:49 PM

I fear for them. 

Me too no home ground and now relegation. Mind you the flip side is that they are now in a regional league so costs will drop.

#5 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:32 PM

Me too no home ground and now relegation. Mind you the flip side is that they are now in a regional league so costs will drop.

It could be the start of certain teams having to really scale back or cease to exist, and speaking of scaling back Hibs will surely have to do that after having to spend a third year in the second tier and if Killie go down I fear for them financially

#6 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,173 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:37 PM

It will prove a difficult one for teams who have been in the top tier for so long who are used to having X amount of pounds, I know I mention about it all the time but this is where the fans can really help the club they support by actually going to the stadium and getting right behind the team.

#7 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:41 PM

It will prove a difficult one for teams who have been in the top tier for so long who are used to having X amount of pounds, I know I mention about it all the time but this is where the fans can really help the club they support by actually going to the stadium and getting right behind the team.

Agreed, we have seen fans rally around teams when they have dropped divisions ie Hibs, Hearts and Rangers, hopefully for Dundee Utd's sake their fans will do the same

#8 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,173 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:45 PM

Yeah I agree, look at Hearts who are for me the best example. I know they have never really struggled for good crowds as they usually turn out but ever since their troubles they have been quite exceptional and demand is very very high. Hibs attendances this season have actually been pretty poor sheep, most games they are struggling to get it half full and only 19000 in total turned up for the cup final which I find surprising given the quite extraordinary season they have had or could have had.

#9 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:57 PM

Yeah I agree, look at Hearts who are for me the best example. I know they have never really struggled for good crowds as they usually turn out but ever since their troubles they have been quite exceptional and demand is very very high. Hibs attendances this season have actually been pretty poor sheep, most games they are struggling to get it half full and only 19000 in total turned up for the cup final which I find surprising given the quite extraordinary season they have had or could have had.

Maybe this season for Hibs is the result of 'second season syndrome' despite everything they have had an eventful season that could still be great

#10 onezerouali

onezerouali

International

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:28 AM

I agree that Killie may well struggle financially if they get relegated. Their crowds have never been anything one could describe as 'great' and there will surely be a huge amount of pressure on them should they go down. Would be interesting to see if their attendances react in the same way as, say, Hearts' did.

#11 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,173 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:32 AM

I doubt it, historically teams who are relegated in most leagues and countries suffer and lose around half of the gate.........Hearts are different due to the circumstances surrounding the club, they all United in support so it's a little different to simply being relegated.

You never know but I can see the crowds dwindling down to low 100s or 2000 of they are lucky.

Edited by Camshy, 17 May 2016 - 08:33 AM.

#12 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,367 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:40 AM

I created this from another thread that had to be locked.

I think it's an interesting topic, because I can't see them lasting very long now that they have been relegated. At least not in their current guise.

#13 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,367 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:47 AM

I agree that Killie may well struggle financially if they get relegated. Their crowds have never been anything one could describe as 'great' and there will surely be a huge amount of pressure on them should they go down. Would be interesting to see if their attendances react in the same way as, say, Hearts' did.

Killie have been in financial trouble for years and there were dire warnings about their future when relegation was a strong possibility a few years ago. If I remember correctly there was a some debt shuffling that went on, but I would still worry for them. 

#14 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,173 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:29 PM

There was also strong hints that Utd would be facing possible administration and with the drop in revenue, dwindling crowds and few sellable assets they could be in the deepest of the troubles.

#15 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 17,877 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:41 PM

I fear for them. 

Will East Stirlingshire not receive parachute payments? I'm sure I read £40k for the 1st season down, then £20k if they are down the next.

#16 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:43 PM

there are too parachute payments for premiership/championship teams

http://stv.tv/sport/...-playoff-clubs/

#17 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,367 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:19 PM

Will East Stirlingshire not receive parachute payments? I'm sure I read £40k for the 1st season down, then £20k if they are down the next.

It's definitely £40k in the first season, but not sure about the next.

#18 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:26 PM

Think Dundee Utd will get circa £1.2m in parachute payments

#19 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:30 PM

Think Dundee Utd will get circa £1.2m in parachute payments

you actually get £949,500 for finishing bottom and then I think its circa £400k parachute payment.

They will have already had the majority of the money though

#20 jimmy gomis

jimmy gomis

United til I die.

• Members
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:54 PM

Interestingly enough our away crowds were bigger when got relegated for one season in the 90's due to the novelty of going to different grounds and the expectation you would win. I think the same will happen for us in the Championship this season, but would expect home crowds to drop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users