New Scottish Referendum

646 replies to this topic

#41 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 68,721 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:41 AM

I've said to Craig I want my account suspended. Once that happens I doubt I'll be back.

It can then turn in to a clique.

Childish reply Jay....personally I don't want you to leave but there ye go. We were having a debate....you throw a huffy and you decide you're leaving...very childish!

Oh aye.....what's this clique you talk of ?

Edited by black dog, 18 July 2016 - 10:42 AM.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#42 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:45 AM

Jay Bee gave his opinion and even gave reasons why i.e. changing times, parties now moved from their traditional ideologies, then referred to an article which he had read and suggested people have a read if they wanted.

Funny how its the same old people who find it hard to accept he has his own view point.

#43 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,721 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:52 AM

Jay Bee gave his opinion and even gave reasons why i.e. changing times, parties now moved from their traditional ideologies, then referred to an article which he had read and suggested people have a read if they wanted.

Funny how its the same old people who find it hard to accept he has his own view point.

Who said he doesn't have his own point of view?.....I certainly don't find it hard but if I disagree with it I will say so. I gave my opinion and showed why...also asked a straight question but got no answer. Are you saying that Jay's the only person that is entitled to an opinion ? 

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#44 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:41 AM

Who said he doesn't have his own point of view?.....I certainly don't find it hard but if I disagree with it I will say so. I gave my opinion and showed why...also asked a straight question but got no answer. Are you saying that Jay's the only person that is entitled to an opinion ?

No

#45 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,721 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:51 AM

No

excellent....now, do you want to question me on my points of view which I have given? More than happy to respond to anything.

#46 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:12 PM

excellent....now, do you want to question me on my points of view which I have given? More than happy to respond to anything.

No, everybody obviously is allowed their opinion. I simply noted JB's point of view as it was quite interesting and also read the article which he was talking about which was also interesting.

His reasons for leaving the forum were pretty clear I thought also.

#47 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,721 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:21 PM

No, everybody obviously is allowed their opinion. I simply noted JB's point of view as it was quite interesting and also read the article which he was talking about which was also interesting.

only reasons I can make out are that if Jay gets responses that he does not like or are not to his liking than he tends to throw the toys out of the pram and play the victim card. He has done this in the past. I'm sure you would agree that any form of debate or discussion relies upon differing points of views and said points of views being questioned. If everybody were of the same opinion there would be no debate, merely acceptance, blind or otherwise.

#48 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:05 PM

I think the democratic system is flawed. The UK system now sees Labour and Conservative as fairly central.

Labour are fucked in Scotland because they moved from being a party for working class to being unsure what they stand for.

Corbyn comes along who has principles but Labour party are divided.

Liberal party are fucked cause Clegg went in to bed with Conservative party. They are now irrelevant in UK politics.

New parties need formed.

Can you explain NI?

Labour politicians arent stupid, they know that Corbyns views are left and they will never win an election on that basis, Blair won his elections because he moved from the left somewhat to attract voters from middle England which is the only way Labour can win an election

#49 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:07 PM

His reasons for leaving indeed pretty clear, and he is not the only one who thinks the way he does

#50 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:10 PM

Agreed, I wonder if some people need to revisit what a debate entails?

Edited by sheeptastic, 18 July 2016 - 06:10 PM.

#51 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 31,985 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:11 PM

Labour politicians arent stupid, they know that Corbyns views are left and they will never win an election on that basis, Blair won his elections because he moved from the left somewhat to attract voters from middle England which is the only way Labour can win an election

You do realise that Corbyn leads Labour.....?
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#52 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:12 PM

You do realise that Corbyn leads Labour.....?

And you are aware most Labour MP's dont want him, and that is my point

#53 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,721 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:13 PM

Agreed, I wonder if some people need to revisit what a debate entails?

What people would that be ? Please point out where it was said that Jay wasn't entitled to his point of view ? At pain of repeating myself ad nauseum....He simply does not like his view being questioned.

#54 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:19 PM

What people would that be ? Please point out where it was said that Jay wasn't entitled to his point of view ? At pain of repeating myself ad nauseum....He simply does not like his view being questioned.

Those that find it hard to accept differing views in a number of ways both direct and indirect

#55 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,721 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:23 PM

Those that find it hard to accept differing views in a number of ways both direct and indirect

Who finds it hard to accept ? I certainly don't....however there are some I disagree with and will say so......but that seems to be an unwanted intrusion.

#56 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 31,985 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:26 PM

And you are aware most Labour MP's dont want him, and that is my point

Are you suggesting an old fashioned Democratic vote Sheep......?

Because, if you are..... I LIKE IT!
Posted Image

#57 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 31,985 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:28 PM

Plenty don't like/agree with my views...... I just get on with it Sheep.....

No Dramatics.......
Posted Image

#58 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,721 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:49 PM

Plenty don't like/agree with my views...... I just get on with it Sheep.....

No Dramatics.......

especially on the fine folk from down under...... :D

#59 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,367 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:35 PM

Could be next year......

I had heard that it was once in a generation. Time certainly goes quick when you get old.

#60 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,367 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:45 PM

As a supporter of Scottish Independence.....do you disagree with what Sturgeon says here ?......"If we are taken out of the EU against our will I will want to give the people of Scotland the opportunity to protect our EU membership by looking again at the issue of independence."
Pressed on whether this meant she planned to hold a referendum as soon as polls show she is likely to win it, Ms Sturgeon said it would be "democratic" to let the people of Scotland decide, adding that it would be an "affront to democracy" should this be blocked."

the SNP are in power and they will think of any excuse to hold a referendum after referendum, until they get what they want. I was told that it was a once in a generation vote, yet I was lied to. Liar, liar, pants on fire. It's sad to say it, but we might as well all vote as they wish, because it would be easier, and cheaper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users