New Scottish Referendum

649 replies to this topic

#601 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 68,834 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:21 PM

On STV news...a man died due to a failure with the Scottish Ambulance Service....Shona Robison Scottish Health Secretary was interviewed and as usual for this ineffectual so called politician said...'We will have a robust investigation'....perhaps there should be an investigation into the ineptitude of her tenur!

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#602 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,040 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:27 PM

On STV news...a man died due to a failure with the Scottish Ambulance Service....Shona Robison Scottish Health Secretary was interviewed and as usual for this ineffectual so called politician said...'We will have a robust investigation'....perhaps there should be an investigation into the ineptitude of her tenur!

Didn't mention England?
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#603 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,834 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:55 PM

Didn't mention England?

On this occasion No. Wouldn't have surprised me mind you.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#604 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,379 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:24 PM

Looks like Alex was a naughty boy

Screenshot_2017-06-16-14-19-15-1.png

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#605 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,040 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:03 AM

Looks like Alex was a naughty boy
attachicon.gifScreenshot_2017-06-16-14-19-15-1.png

Fuck me...... what a sweep by the media.

Wonder what the legitimate targets would have been?.......
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#606 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,834 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:27 PM

Having continually been aware that the majority of the public in Scotland (that means everybody and not just the Separatist Party supporters) do not want or require another Separation referendum, Sturgeon yesterday (once again) showed her arrogant, selfish contempt for those outwith the Separation Party movement and its acolytes....Here are her words....."It remains my view and indeed the position of this government that at the end of the Brexit process the people of Scotland should have a choice about our future direction as a country"......Note that within these words she has deliberately omitted the view and the position of the majority of the Scottish public (& I reiterate Scottish public means everybody and not just those who support her and her Separation party)....the very ones that she has time and again said she was listening to....well, I presume she was including those who did not vote for separation (or her) as Scotland must be viewed as a 'whole' and not simply the slice which likes best!

Perhaps appropriate to remind folks of how they made an arse of it once again..........................not forgetting health, transport, education, policing......oh dear!

http://www.express.c...mid-data-breach

#607 noidea

noidea

International

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:54 PM

Having continually been aware that the majority of the public in Scotland (that means everybody and not just the Separatist Party supporters) do not want or require another Separation referendum, Sturgeon yesterday (once again) showed her arrogant, selfish contempt for those outwith the Separation Party movement and its acolytes....Here are her words....."It remains my view and indeed the position of this government that at the end of the Brexit process the people of Scotland should have a choice about our future direction as a country"......Note that within these words she has deliberately omitted the view and the position of the majority of the Scottish public (& I reiterate Scottish public means everybody and not just those who support her and her Separation party)....the very ones that she has time and again said she was listening to....well, I presume she was including those who did not vote for separation (or her) as Scotland must be viewed as a 'whole' and not simply the slice which likes best!

Perhaps appropriate to remind folks of how they made an arse of it once again..........................not forgetting health, transport, education, policing......oh dear!

Honestly not sure who are the worst people. The Naatz or the Eurocrates.

#608 Young Lochinvar

Young Lochinvar

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:03 PM

Honestly not sure who are the worst people. The Naatz or the Eurocrates.

Since the SNP hold a majority in Holyrood it would seem that their agenda will prevail. However if there is another IndyRef and it goes against the Nats then that may force another election.

Theresa might have been better off throwing a few carrots to the SNP rather than climbing into bed with the DUP.

#609 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,834 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:38 AM

Since the SNP hold a majority in Holyrood it would seem that their agenda will prevail. However if there is another IndyRef and it goes against the Nats then that may force another election.

Theresa might have been better off throwing a few carrots to the SNP rather than climbing into bed with the DUP.

Never!

Do you not mean Separation referendum ?

#610 Young Lochinvar

Young Lochinvar

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:46 AM

Never!

Do you not mean Separation referendum ?

If the Scottish people want to separate from Westminster then I guess you could call it that.

Trouble is that, in the minds of many, Brexit and independence are being conflated and there is the thought that Scotland may fare better being part of Europe but divorced from Westminster.

TBH, I'd rather be shot of both.

#611 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,834 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:03 AM

If the Scottish people want to separate from Westminster then I guess you could call it that.

Trouble is that, in the minds of many, Brexit and independence are being conflated and there is the thought that Scotland may fare better being part of Europe but divorced from Westminster.

TBH, I'd rather be shot of both.

Could be serious trouble ahead if that was the scenario Lochie. Scotland has a far bigger trade network with the rest of the UK than it has with Europe. So separate Scotland with the Uk and very possibly (probably?) a large chunk of trade goes awol.....then cross out the EU and more is flushed away......unless of course Scotland tried to 'negotiate' a deal with both entities which in essence it would have to under such circumstances.

Edited by black dog, 29 June 2017 - 09:03 AM.

#612 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,834 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:31 AM

The Scottish Separation Party just do not like alternative opinion (Democracy the SSP way)

http://www.scotsman....ntact-1-4495256

#613 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,834 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 12:26 PM

Between a rock and a hard place for the....ahem, World Players....giggle.gif

http://www.scotsman....looms-1-4498338

#614 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,787 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:48 PM

Between a rock and a hard place for the....ahem, World Players....giggle.gif

http://www.scotsman....looms-1-4498338

Regardless of my position on Scottish independence, I'd have to say that the opinions of Spain should be of little consequence to Scottish politicians of any party. They should feel free to say what they think.

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#615 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,834 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:13 AM

Regardless of my position on Scottish independence, I'd have to say that the opinions of Spain should be of little consequence to Scottish politicians of any party. They should feel free to say what they think.

doesn't work that way mate. On one hand the SSP would like to see a Catalan independence succeed due to their own perceived sense of justice........but they cannot officially back it as apparently Spain has dropped their objection to a separated Scotland joining the EU and they will not wish to upset Spain. Free to say what they think ?..... :lol: The only thinking that herd of sheep do is what Sturgeon tells them to think.

#616 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,787 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:27 AM

doesn't work that way mate. On one hand the SSP would like to see a Catalan independence succeed due to their own perceived sense of justice........but they cannot officially back it as apparently Spain has dropped their objection to a separated Scotland joining the EU and they will not wish to upset Spain. Free to say what they think ?..... :lol: The only thinking that herd of sheep do is what Sturgeon tells them to think.

I do appreciate why there might be a diplomatic dilemma, but since I believe that, regardless of independence, Scotland would be better off outside the EU, I see no reason for Sturgeon or anyone else to kowtow to the Spanish government.

#617 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,834 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:40 AM

I do appreciate why there might be a diplomatic dilemma, but since I believe that, regardless of independence, Scotland would be better off outside the EU, I see no reason for Sturgeon or anyone else to kowtow to the Spanish government.

Politics don't work that way Hairy as you well know....

#618 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,787 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:56 AM

Politics don't work that way Hairy as you well know....

Politics don't work. Nor does diplomacy.

Democracy is a fable and racism is a pigment of the imagination.

But all that is beside the point.

If Scotland gains independence from Westminster then it would be foolish to join the EU. Out of the frying pan and into fuck knows what. So it matters not one iota what Spain may or may not think.

#619 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,834 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:09 AM

Politics don't work. Nor does diplomacy.

Democracy is a fable and racism is a pigment of the imagination.

But all that is beside the point.

If Scotland gains independence from Westminster then it would be foolish to join the EU. Out of the frying pan and into fuck knows what. So it matters not one iota what Spain may or may not think.

Yep, but.........................the point I'm making is that if separation was achieved the SSP want to join the EU hence why they won't want to upset Spain. They would require all the support they can get.

#620 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,787 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:14 AM

Yep, but.........................the point I'm making is that if separation was achieved the SSP want to join the EU hence why they won't want to upset Spain. They would require all the support they can get.

In that case the SSP should adopt the prime directive of diplomacy and say nothing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users