20 replies to this topic

#1 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 11:56 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/36863901

If this is indeed a new dawn for my beloved St.Mirren FC then exciting times are ahead.  Myself and many others have put our money where our collective mouths are to stump up a monthly payment in perpetuity which will, through time, lead to almost complete fan ownership on the aquisition of those shares owned by Gordon Scott (51%).

It is only appopriate to say what a great job Steward Gilmour has done with the biggest achievement being the building of a new Stadium to replace the original St.Mirren Park.

#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,898 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:20 PM

If this is indeed a new dawn for my beloved St.Mirren FC then exciting times are ahead.  Myself and many others have put our money where our collective mouths are to stump up a monthly payment in perpetuity which will, through time, lead to almost complete fan ownership on the aquisition of those shares owned by Gordon Scott (51%).

It is only appopriate to say what a great job Steward Gilmour has done with the biggest achievement being the building of a new Stadium to replace the original St.Mirren Park.

Good on you H. Hope the financial sacrifice that you and the other donors make does indeed make a difference and that the situation does not in the future go 'tits up'.....It's a big thing to ask fans to undertake & I applaud you for this.

PS......If you perhaps have any further spare cash at the end of a month.....well, ahem......my pocket money could be doing with a bit of an injection mate....

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,199 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:35 PM

Good on you H. Hope the financial sacrifice that you and the other donors make does indeed make a difference and that the situation does not in the future go 'tits up'.....It's a big thing to ask fans to undertake & I applaud you for this.

PS......If you perhaps have any further spare cash at the end of a month.....well, ahem......my pocket money could be doing with a bit of an injection mate....

I've got 5 mouths to feed so if I have money at the end of the month (minus my expenses, of course) there should be a stewards enquiry.

#4 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 06:29 PM

Somewhere on the forum, cannot recall where unfortunately, Mr Bickle was taking a different view on your

#5 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,087 posts

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:48 PM

So is Gilmour completely out of the picture now?

But he certainly made his mark; he's had a street named after him.      :-D

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#6 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,199 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:53 AM

So is Gilmour completely out of the picture now?

But he certainly made his mark; he's had a street named after him.      :-D

Ha ha ha. Yes, I believe he will be out of the picture before the start of the season.

He has had a fairly good tenure as Director but the last few years, since the League Cup Win, have been diabolical.

I won't be holding that against him given that a Chairmanship of a Scottish team will be challenging.

#7 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,199 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:55 AM

Somewhere on the forum, cannot recall where unfortunately, Mr Bickle was taking a different view on your

Not everyone will be happy with the news but I am optimistic.

#8 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,499 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:23 PM

Not everyone will be happy with the news but I am optimistic.

Those £9 million mansions at Gleneagles don't pay for themselves  ;-)

I did paint a very different picture but that was more to do with dodgy land deals with Renfrew District Council  and Tesco which led to New St Mirren Park being built.   RDC using our  council tax to fund a training ground which is used exclusively by St Mirren. They have even sponsored the new stadium with our tax money. 

St Mirrens crowds have fallen and now they struggle to fill half their stadium. It is a real shame as i went to many games at the old Love Street. One of the best goals i have ever seen was scored by Stevie Clarke against East Fife (i think). Ran the length of the pitch before thumping it into the top corner from about 30 yards. 

It is people like Hunterian i feel for. I golf with a lad that buys 3 season tickets every year for his family even though he knows he wont be able to get to many games due to work commitments. He does it to keep the club he loves alive. I know what it is like to see your club being pushed to the very brink. I wouldn't wish it on any team.

St Mirren need to get their support back. I know too many that are happy to sit in the Bull Inn every Saturday talking about how the Old Firm are killing the game as they sit in comfort sipping their over priced Lager

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#9 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,199 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:46 PM

Those £9 million mansions at Gleneagles don't pay for themselves  ;-)

I did paint a very different picture but that was more to do with dodgy land deals with Renfrew District Council  and Tesco which led to New St Mirren Park being built.   RDC using our  council tax to fund a training ground which is used exclusively by St Mirren. They have even sponsored the new stadium with our tax money. 

St Mirrens crowds have fallen and now they struggle to fill half their stadium. It is a real shame as i went to many games at the old Love Street. One of the best goals i have ever seen was scored by Stevie Clarke against East Fife (i think). Ran the length of the pitch before thumping it into the top corner from about 30 yards. 

It is people like Hunterian i feel for. I golf with a lad that buys 3 season tickets every year for his family even though he knows he wont be able to get to many games due to work commitments. He does it to keep the club he loves alive. I know what it is like to see your club being pushed to the very brink. I wouldn't wish it on any team.

St Mirren need to get their support back. I know too many that are happy to sit in the Bull Inn every Saturday talking about how the Old Firm are killing the game as they sit in comfort sipping their over priced Lager

The fans need something to cheer, nothing succeeds like success and this is a good start.

I watched Saints in the wilderness years in the 90s when I was a season ticket holder and then we're back in the SPL in the 2000s so it's all cyclical.

The OF May think they are the best for Scotland but not always. They've spent countless seasons taking competitors players for a knockdown then blaming the others for not providing competition.

They harp on about the training facilities then we see Toure, Barton and Hill pitching up. So much for youth.

#10 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,499 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:09 PM

Classic case of St Mirren fan delighted with his club but cant help but blame the Old Firm for all their ills. It is my money and the tax money from many many Old Firm supporters that has kept YOUR club going

Get your clubs own supporters to support their club!!

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#11 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,199 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:14 AM

We are trying, that's in some ways what the thread's about. It's all cyclical.

Tax has nothing to do with it.

Edited by Hunterian, 29 July 2016 - 05:18 AM.

#12 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,499 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:18 AM

Tax has nothing to do with it? Where do you think RDC get the money from to build training complexes or to sponsor football stadiums?

#13 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,898 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:41 AM

If I was still working I may have had to look into this but............................................as ye aw know I'm no....... :D

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#14 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,499 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:32 PM

I had to pay  £264 to the council today to renew my Plate. I wonder how much of that money will be going directly to St Mirren?  I grudge every penny i give those robbing bastards but today it was all the harder. 

#15 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,898 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:37 PM

I had to pay  £264 to the council today to renew my Plate. I wonder how much of that money will be going directly to St Mirren?  I grudge every penny i give those robbing bastards but today it was all the harder. 

Cartoon-Bee.png........in your................bonnet1.JPG.........Trav.

#16 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,199 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 01:43 PM

What about taxing the chip on your shoulder. If there is such a tax it would probably keep those robbing St. Mirren bastards going for some time.

#17 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,499 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:43 PM

What about taxing the chip on your shoulder. If there is such a tax it would probably keep those robbing St. Mirren bastards going for some time.

I am hoping the chip on the shoulder quip is you trying to do irony after your dig at the Old Firm?

As for St Mirren being robbing bastards. Won't disagree with that.

I wonder if it ever comes out who is really financing your 'fans' buyout if he will pass the fit n proper test? Then again knowing the SFA the fat bastard will. He makes the Sleazdales look like a couple of choir boys.

#18 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,199 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 04:06 PM

I am hoping the chip on the shoulder quip is you trying to do irony after your dig at the Old Firm?
As for St Mirren being robbing bastards. Won't disagree with that.
I wonder if it ever comes out who is really financing your 'fans' buyout if he will pass the fit n proper test? Then again knowing the SFA the fat bastard will. He makes the Sleazdales look like a couple of choir boys.

No, my topic was about a fan's buyout via an entrepreneur. If you look back you'll see that you were the first to mention the Old Firm.

#19 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,499 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 05:09 PM

No, my topic was about a fan's buyout via an entrepreneur. If you look back you'll see that you were the first to mention the Old Firm.

And you jumped right in and proved the very point i was making. Your clubs problems have nothing to do with the Old Firm. TBH you have done very well out of Rangers via loans and funds from Celtic when you whored your stadium and club shop to them  ;-)

Now i am not blaming you or any other St Mirren supporter that follows their club but your clubs support, in general,  just look as if they have given up. It is not Cyclical as they were not turning up when you were relatively successful. I hope the fan buyout is a success but more importantly i hope you get the supporters back in the stadium.

You do know who is helping to fund the 'Fans' buyout? Are you happy your club will be in debt to such a character? Is he even a Buddie? I always thought he was a Rangers supporter which makes me question why he would put some of his ill gotten gains into a football club. Money laundering? St Mirren have been involved in some very questionable deals in recent years such as the 'Tesco Supermarket'  :roll:

I honestly do wish St Mirren the best and i hope i am wrong and you get the club and can take it forward but please do not take everything at face value. I trusted SDM, then in the beginning Craig Whyte and even hoped against hope when Green took over and the rest is history. 

I am even going to a game in a couple of months and doing the hospitality thing. The things you agree to after a few pints  :-D Hoping it will be against another club with a few Rangers loanees. Maybe the Raith Rovers game

#20 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,199 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:16 PM

And you jumped right in and proved the very point i was making. Your clubs problems have nothing to do with the Old Firm. TBH you have done very well out of Rangers via loans and funds from Celtic when you whored your stadium and club shop to them  ;-)

Now i am not blaming you or any other St Mirren supporter that follows their club but your clubs support, in general,  just look as if they have given up. It is not Cyclical as they were not turning up when you were relatively successful. I hope the fan buyout is a success but more importantly i hope you get the supporters back in the stadium.

You do know who is helping to fund the 'Fans' buyout? Are you happy your club will be in debt to such a character? Is he even a Buddie? I always thought he was a Rangers supporter which makes me question why he would put some of his ill gotten gains into a football club. Money laundering? St Mirren have been involved in some very questionable deals in recent years such as the 'Tesco Supermarket'  :roll:

I honestly do wish St Mirren the best and i hope i am wrong and you get the club and can take it forward but please do not take everything at face value. I trusted SDM, then in the beginning Craig Whyte and even hoped against hope when Green took over and the rest is history. 

I am even going to a game in a couple of months and doing the hospitality thing. The things you agree to after a few pints  :-D Hoping it will be against another club with a few Rangers loanees. Maybe the Raith Rovers game

Mr Bickle, if I'm wrong about this new dawn I'll be first one on the forum to say I was.

I appreciate that you are sounding warning bells but we'll see how it goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users