8 replies to this topic

#1 Torto7062

Torto7062

Promising Youth Player

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:52 AM

New on here guys so go easy.....

As a Hibby I fancy to win the Championship with Falkirk and UTD close behind, I just wondered what others fans thoughts were.

State your team with each post.

1st Hibs
2nd Falkirk
3rd Utd

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

#2 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,011 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:40 AM

As a Hibby I fancy to win the Championship with Falkirk and UTD close behind, I just wondered what others fans thoughts were.
1st Hibs
2nd Falkirk
3rd Utd

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I think the championship will be the best it has been in a very long time with the good teams in the mix.
Predicting a top 3 is difficult due to the amount of teams capable in that division.

1 - Hibs
2 - Falkirk
3 - Raith

#3 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 31,574 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:13 AM

Welcome to the Forum Tonto. ...

I'd like to see Hibs go up...... Big Davy's Chariot will get a good pounding that night.....

But honestly, no idea how it will pan out.....
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#4 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,043 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:24 AM

I would love to see QoS promoted as they are probably the best club not to have played in the top flight in recent times.

I also think Rangers Reserves from Paisley could be worth a shout and at 14/1 worth a punt. Nice to see my Council Tax money is not being totally wasted!!

I think Dundee United will struggle along with Hibs. I just cant see it being the two horse race some seem to think it will be.

I think Falkirk will come up as Champions and after them it will be any one from Hibs,United,QoS,St Mirren with Dunfermline being my  outsiders to over achieve and Raith Rovers the under achievers. Sorry Cam but losing their manager and Key players will affect them this season. 

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#5 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 11:38 AM

Hibs are favourites with the bookies but I don't see them as a good evens punt. This will be their 3rd term down since getting relegated and they will have to cope without Stubbs, Stokes, Gunnarson, The fat Goalie and may be not Liam Henderson although I can see him going back. Still they have down well not to have lost Stokes and a couple of others and Lennon will keep them battling, if he can keep his cool. They have shown already when narrowly getting put out of Europe by Brondby that they are a good team but will they be able to keep their bottle when the pressure is on? History does not favour them here.....However, I would have Hibs with what will be probably over 12,000 fans at each home game as winning the likely Champions and take the automatic promotion place.

I've seen Dundee Utd a few times already this season and they look to me to certainly have enough to be in the playoff positions. They had a little bit of a slow start in the Cup but Ray McKinnon got them going after shaking off the cob webs. He has made decent signing with the big lad Obadeyi coming in as well as Willo Flood,  Bell in goal and Toshney. They also have a great player in the fanta pants upfront, Simon Murray who has already scored a hatrick this term and now has 8 goals in his last 9 matches. See them coming 2nd.

The other places in the play offs up for grabs for me will be between Falkirk, St Mirren and Dunfermline.

Falkirk will have to cope with losing 2 of their best players in Will Vaulks and Blair Alston which will defo weaken them but expect them to again be very strong at home. Falkirk are at home to Hibs on the opening day so that game will be very interesting.

As Mr Bickles says, St Mirren's manager Alex Rae has used his connections to get Walsh and Hardy in on loan.

Dunfie I expect to have a good season after getting promoted and reaching the play offs is not out of the question, they have a few good players in Cardle, Higginbotham and now have Gavin Reilly on loan from Hearts who is a proven goalscorer at this level.

Top 3 though:

1 - Hibs

2 - Dundee Utd

3 - Falkirk/St Mirren

#6 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,213 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 12:53 PM

Hibs
Utd
Falkirk
Das it mane , Das it.

#7 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,364 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:29 PM

1st Hibs
2nd Falkirk
3rd Utd

welcome along.

It's gonna be a tough league again this year. I think it will be 

1 Hibs

2 Falkirk

3 United

#8 David Malcolm

David Malcolm