• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 17,485 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:59 PM

Olympic betting/Athletics betting is something the bookies don't like people betting on and watch out for sharks doing them in big time. This is because it can be quite predictable in that you know the capabilities of a lot of athletes through their PB's and season bests.

Tonight I cant see David Rudisha in the mens 800m final or Renaud Lavillenie in the mens Pole Vault getting beaten

#2 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 17,485 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:05 AM

Well, that's my theory fucked! Rudisha wins easily as expected but Lavillenie was beaten to gold by a miracle jump from the home boy Da Silva, who jumped 11cms higher than he had ever done before!

Couldn't make it up :evil:

Fair to say that the French lad, Lavillenie, didn't take his defeat very well....

World record holder Lavillenie had to appeal for quiet from the Rio crowd as he prepared for a jump at 6.08m that would have put him back into the lead.

He also gave a thumbs-down gesture to the cameras.

"In 1936, the crowd was against Jesse Owens," he said. "We've not see this since. We have to deal with it.

"There is no respect, no fair play. It's the Olympics. If there's no respect in the Olympics, where can we get respect? I'm very, very sad and disappointed by the Brazilian public that was in the stadium.

"Better to stay at home in front of your television than come and whistle. At least then we'd have people in the stadium who want to watch sport."

Lavillenie added: "It really disturbed me, I felt the nastiness of the public and we do a sport where you never see that.

"You see it in football. It is the first time I have seen it in track and field. It is the biggest moment of your life. I can't be happy about that. Now I have to wait four years to get back the gold."

Lavillenie later apologised for his comments, saying he made the Jesse Owens comparison immediately after the competition when very upset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users