Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:22 AM

14063909_1769441473332229_10847951644464

#2 pandamonk

pandamonk

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:40 AM

Pretty uninspiring squad. What do Steven Fletcher and Alan Hutton have to do to get dropped by Strachan?

#3 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,040 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:00 PM

Pretty uninspiring squad. What do Steven Fletcher and Alan Hutton have to do to get dropped by Strachan?

Who would you like to see included?
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#4 pandamonk

pandamonk

Football Legend

• 3,520 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:13 PM

Who would you like to see included?

I'd have liked to see Donald Love, John Souttar, Ash Taylor, Mark Reynolds, Stephen Kingsley, Matt Phillips, Ross McCormack, Jordan Rhodes

Edited by pandamonk, 22 August 2016 - 12:14 PM.

#5 pandamonk

pandamonk

Football Legend

• 3,520 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:29 PM

Of the 4 strikers, Fletcher has played 4 championship games without scoring or assisting, Martin has played 5 without scoring or assisting, Naismith has played 4 and scored once with no assists and Griffiths has played 6, scored 5 and assisted twice. I wonder who Strachan will play...

Hutton has played just 1 Championship game from a possible 4, whereas Donald Love and Phil Bardsley have played every minute for their teams in the Premier League. How does Hutton get picked?!

Edited by pandamonk, 22 August 2016 - 12:37 PM.

#6 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,155 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:58 PM

I cannot stand Hutton, he is a liability.

If we can't beat Malta we should really give it up there and then.

#7 pandamonk

pandamonk

Football Legend

• 3,520 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:08 PM

Of the 4 strikers, Fletcher has played 4 championship games without scoring or assisting, Martin has played 5 without scoring or assisting, Naismith has played 4 and scored once with no assists and Griffiths has played 6, scored 5 and assisted twice. I wonder who Strachan will play...

Hutton has played just 1 Championship game from a possible 4, whereas Donald Love and Phil Bardsley have played every minute for their teams in the Premier League. How does Hutton get picked?!

Make that 6 goals and 4 assists in 7 for Griffiths (I missed the stats for the St Johnstone game).

#8 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:58 PM

I cannot stand Hutton, he is a liability.

If we can't beat Malta we should really give it up there and then.

If we can't beat Malta we should really give it up there and then...  agree 100%, could get messy in Malta.

#9 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,175 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:03 PM

At the stage now where Strachans squads just annoy. Caring less and less about the national team the longer he is in charge.

#10 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:17 PM

Ross McCormack being left out is an odd one

#11 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:42 PM

I would also say that there is maybe a shout for Lee Wallace to be in there as him and Barrie McKay work so well together for Rangers down the left

#12 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,175 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:45 PM

I would also say that there is maybe a shout for Lee Wallace to be in there as him and Barrie McKay work so well together for Rangers down the left

Mcginn in before wee Sam from Hearts, its a joke. Even last season when Rangers were rampant particularly from midfield he ignored the midfield of Holt and Halliday and picked Mcginn before them and thats not even getting into the fact he constantly ignored playing the thumb.

#13 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:56 PM

Mcginn in before wee Sam from Hearts, its a joke. Even last season when Rangers were rampant particularly from midfield he ignored the midfield of Holt and Halliday and picked Mcginn before them and thats not even getting into the fact he constantly ignored playing the thumb.

Sam has actually had a bit of a dip in form since half way through last season but was good to see him bag 2 goals at the weekend there. Always think he is a bit lightweight for the national team though.

#14 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:25 PM

McGinn is a relation of Jack McGinn the ex celtic chairman and was prominent in the SFA. His inclusion is more evidence of the influence certain people hold.

Hate the thought of wee McKay playing with this mob. 

Too much to ask for Malta to actually beat them but to run them close would be humiliating enough.

We are just getting the new season under way and we have to stop for this utterly meaningless shit where the players we pay for and whose wages we pay are taken away to play for next to nothing!!

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#15 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,774 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:26 PM

Where is big stevey whittaker? Should be in there :)
Das it mane , Das it.

#16 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:40 PM

Where is big stevey whittaker? Should be in there :)

I would have him before Tierney but the Celtic man needs the Caps so your mob can sell him for an inflated transfer fee next season. :razz:

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#17 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,774 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:43 PM

I would have him before Tierney but the Celtic man needs the Caps so your mob can sell him for an inflated transfer fee next season. :razz:

PMSL :lol:
Das it mane , Das it.

#18 pandamonk

pandamonk

Football Legend

• 3,520 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:03 PM

True, but we have so many good options at left-back. Probably our second best position after our keepers.

#19 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:13 PM

PMSL :lol:

I quite liked that one myself ........

#20 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,774 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:31 PM

I quite liked that one myself ........

Nice one , im.not gonna turn it into a celtic/ rangers thread , so back on topic :)
Das it mane , Das it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users