• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#21 pandamonk

pandamonk

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:48 PM

The Under 21 squad looks particularly strong. Maybe a couple of these should be in the senior squad.

14107864_10155138762019377_1664216987012

#22 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:21 PM

Good looking u21 squad, nice to see that Ricky Sbragia obviously goes and watches players. I like how Mark O'Hara gets in due to his good form at the start of the season for Dundee, although I think he has played before for the U21's? Will he be in defence or midfield though as Paul Hartley plays him in midfield.

#23 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,043 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:45 PM

Did O Hara play for Falkirk? I remember a young lad having a great game against Rangers the day Willie Collum gave them that penalty

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#24 pandamonk

pandamonk

Football Legend

• 3,505 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:03 PM

Withdrawn from the squad: Kieran Tierney, Leigh Griffiths, Kevin McDonald and James McArthur.

Added to the squad: Tony Watt and Lee Wallace.

I don't get it. How is Tony Watt in ahead of Ross McCormack? Is Ross McCormack the new Jordan Rhodes?

#25 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:02 PM

Withdrawn from the squad: Kieran Tierney, Leigh Griffiths, Kevin McDonald and James McArthur.

Added to the squad: Tony Watt and Lee Wallace.

I don't get it. How is Tony Watt in ahead of Ross McCormack? Is Ross McCormack the new Jordan Rhodes?

Is Ross McCormack the new Jordan Rhodes?..  only one person can answer that question Panda. Wee Gordon Strachan .

This match is a must win for Strachan. Lose or draw & he has got to move on... problem is who would replace him.

#26 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,012 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:31 PM

@ Panda

Just heard a interview with the young lad Oliver Burke and I couldn't help but notice his "English" accent. Says he was Scottish when I was looking but is he actually Scottish.

#27 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:19 PM

He was brought up down south but he is Scottish, I think both parents are Scottish too

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

#28 pandamonk

pandamonk

Football Legend

• 3,505 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 09:10 PM

@ Panda

Just heard a interview with the young lad Oliver Burke and I couldn't help but notice his "English" accent. Says he was Scottish when I was looking but is he actually Scottish.

Born in Scotland with Scottish Parents, brought up in England. 

#29 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,043 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:56 PM

@ Panda

Hes from Kirkcaldy. He is Scottish.

I take it both Griffiths and Tierney are out of the Old Firm game or did they do away with that rule?

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#30 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,213 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:09 AM

Hes from Kirkcaldy. He is Scottish.

I take it both Griffiths and Tierney are out of the Old Firm game or did they do away with that rule?

What rule?

Scared of griff running amok? Lol
Das it mane , Das it.

#31 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,364 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:38 AM

I'm still not used to the Sunday international games. I know that TV rules and they want as many slots as possible, but Sunday doesn't feel very internationally.

#32 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 12:52 PM

I'm taking my wee nephew along to Tynecastle tonight to see the U21's, its only £5 for adults to get in and £2 for juniors.

#33 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Muppet Police

• 31,574 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:57 PM

Any thoughts on qualification guys.....?

I'm far from convinced on our prospects..... but, ye never know.....
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#34 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,012 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 05:43 PM

Cant see us qualifying LB, we should have done it the last time in my opinion. Poor German team who we should have taken advantage in that first game, should have beaten the Poles in Warsaw and bottled it, should have beaten the Irish in Dublin as we were better than them in both games plus they had an offside goal allowed.

This time around I cant see it, England will cake walk the group and we will struggle against Slovakia and Slovenia. Add in the fact wee Strachan will pick his favourites which will seriously damage our hopes. Another major tournament will be contested without us.

This game against Malta will pretty much give a good insight into how our time is likely to go, if we struggle for a decent performance then it will be a long slog full of failure but a good performance could give them belief..........I have none however and feel the biggest mistake we have made has already been inflicted by giving Strachan a new contract.

N Ireland seemed to pick up a head of steam in the last campaign and fair play to them, I didn't think they would have a chance but they done what we couldn't....all be it in a far easier group. This time you have the Germans and they seem better now than they have been the last 2 years so that will be hard. Czechs seem to be improving but looking at the group I would certainly prefer that over our group so think there is a chance.

#35 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,662 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:23 PM

What rule?

Scared of griff running amok? Lol

I cant remember if it was actually a rule but was there not something that said if you pulled out of a Scotland squad it was expected that you dont play your next club game

#36 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,662 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:43 PM

Lee Wallace has now pulled out 

#37 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:34 PM

Just back from the U21's game, was pretty dire tbh. Spent the first 20mins outside in a queue as for some crazy reason they only opened the Wheatfield stand.  Scotland looked the better team and controlled the game but just could get the ball in the net. Jason Cummings was pretty poor all night but was impressed with Henderson who was the stand out, Souttar also cool at the back with McGee. Ryan Fraser also looked good but they played him down the left wing when he is right footed so very time he got past his man he could get the ball in properly off his weaker foot. Seemed obvious to play him down the right!?

To be fair the Macedonians were a big strong team and defended well.

#38 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,364 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:19 AM

Lee Wallace has now pulled out

And some are getting upset that he travelled with the rangers squad for a friendly, despite it being made clear he won't feature. If he is not fit, I don't care what he gets up to, as long as he really is injured and isn't kidding on.

#39 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,364 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:20 AM

Scotland 2/5 for the win is not very tempting.

Mcbookie are doing their £5 offer for the game.

#40 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:22 AM

And some are getting upset that he travelled with the rangers squad for a friendly, despite it being made clear he won't feature. If he is not fit, I don't care what he gets up to, as long as he really is injured and isn't kidding on.

my guess is all 3 players that pulled out will play in the OF game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users