• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 33,038 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:39 PM

Retires from international Football.....

Take a bow lad......
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#2 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,767 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:07 PM

My lasting memories of Robbie Keane was Kevin Thomson 'doing' him in an Old Firm game and the time Rangers put the ball out of play late in an Old Firm game so an injured Celtic player could get treatment. Rangers were happily playing out for the draw but Keane knocked the drop ball out down near the corner flag and was screaming at the Celtic players to push up and pin Rangers in. Unbelievably poor sportsmanship and infuriated the whole Rangers team. Rangers upped their game got a late corner and Mo Edu knocked in a late winner....Cheers Robbie  ;-)

I also remember during Irelands World Cup qualifying campaign when Thierry Henry was accused of cheating them  Keane dived twice to win penalties and win important points for Ireland. Funnily the Irish don't seem to remember these incidents

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#3 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,038 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:18 PM

My lasting memories of Robbie Keane was Kevin Thomson 'doing' him in an Old Firm game and the time Rangers put the ball out of play late in an Old Firm game so an injured Celtic player could get treatment. Rangers were happily playing out for the draw but Keane knocked the drop ball out down near the corner flag and was screaming at the Celtic players to push up and pin Rangers in. Unbelievably poor sportsmanship and infuriated the whole Rangers team. Rangers upped their game got a late corner and Mo Edu knocked in a late winner....Cheers Robbie  ;-)

I also remember during Irelands World Cup qualifying campaign when Thierry Henry was accused of cheating them  Keane dived twice to win penalties and win important points for Ireland. Funnily the Irish don't seem to remember these incidents

Selective memories Trav......

That aside, quality player
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#4 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:44 PM

He had a good goal celebration. Did that ever become a "Robbie Keane"? If not, it should have.

#5 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,741 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:46 PM

Good luck to him.

Never liked his celebration craigy , im more a dancer after i scored my 134 career goals :D
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#6 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:49 PM

Good luck to him.

Never liked his celebration craigy , im more a dancer after i scored my 134 career goals :D

I liked it because it was unique to him. There arent many players who have a celebration that is synonymous with them.

#7 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,741 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:53 PM

I liked it because it was unique to him. There arent many players who have a celebration that is synonymous with them.

You would like mine better , its a cross between kate bush in wuthering heights and the guy in the shopping center in praise you by fatboy slim.
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#8 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,754 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:32 PM

Good player but his missus - dear oh dear she would get the tone experience - all 4 secs of it

#9 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,575 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:18 AM

Good player but his missus - dear oh dear she would get the tone experience - all 4 secs of it

bit premature Tone, no ?

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#10 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,293 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:06 AM

I've never been keen on either Robbie or Roy.

Shit Creek

#11 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,266 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:28 PM

Retires from international Football.....

Take a bow lad......

I thought he already was retired, or playing in the American Soccer League as it could also be known.

#12 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,575 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:10 PM

I thought he already was retired, or playing in the American Soccer League as it could also be known.

Plays with LA Galaxy I believe. Saw highlights of their game last weekend ahainst New York City & I kid you not Keane missed a header from approx 3 yards....

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users