• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,181 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 11:52 AM

Me, the gaffa and jaybee were on the podcast last night. I enjoyed being on, it was a good laugh.

download

#2 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 36,521 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:56 PM

Will listen the mora , is " nearly home " a regular now?
Das it mane , Das it.

#3 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,103 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:10 PM

Will listen the mora , is " nearly home " a regular now?

aye, I'll do it when I can

When's your debut

#4 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,521 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:20 PM

aye, I'll do it when I can

When's your debut

Never mate , you wont understand my oirish accent ;)
Das it mane , Das it.

#5 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 64,857 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:39 PM

Jay will give his opinion on the podcast but not on the forum ? Suppose he doesn't receive much disagreement on the podcast & his opinions won't be questioned seriously.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#6 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,103 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:04 PM

Jay will give his opinion on the podcast but not on the forum ? Suppose he doesn't receive much disagreement on the podcast & his opinions won't be questioned seriously.

piss poor dug!

• JHR likes this

#7 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 64,857 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:05 PM

piss poor dug!

Ye think so...why ?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#8 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,103 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:10 PM

Ye think so...why ?

Come on son, you know exactly why! It's all been said before!

#9 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 64,857 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:15 PM

Come on son, you know exactly why! It's all been said before!

Son.... :lol: ....long time since I've been called that. Anyway....I thought it was a fair comment....you didn't....fair enough & I don't think it's a point worth getting into a disagreement with you but if I wish to make a comment about whatever I will....

#10 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:34 PM

Guess the reasons that Jay is on are twofold..

1) He has been a regular for a number of years & is pretty good on the podcast.

2) Not many other members are prepared to get involved.

If we keep bitching their will be nobody involved

#11 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,181 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:20 PM

I will have to think about how I go about questioning him seriously on the podcast in future. 

#12 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,181 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:23 PM

I think John has been an integral voice on the podcast for quite a while now. I always find his views interesting, because they're often not what I hear in day to day life, what with living in the central belt and it often being OF centric. 

#13 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 64,857 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:42 AM

It wasn't a 'bitch' J. I made the point simply because he was not prepared to be questioned on his points of view or accept disagreement whilst on the actual forum whereas he can say basically what he wants with impunity when on the podcast. If we all had the attitude that to question or make a comment is bitching then the forum would fail spectacularly.

#14 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:25 PM

It wasn't a 'bitch' J. I made the point simply because he was not prepared to be questioned on his points of view or accept disagreement whilst on the actual forum whereas he can say basically what he wants with impunity when on the podcast. If we all had the attitude that to question or make a comment is bitching then the forum would fail spectacularly.

If we all had the attitude that to question or make a comment is bitching then the forum would fail spectacularly.

As I recall there was in my view a bit of a witch hunt against Jay. Others may not see it that way, it was however enough to make him stop posting on the forum. He was a valued member who made every effort to highlight lots of football related issues. Is that not the main reason for using the forum "Scottish Football Forum"

Sad to say that in my view the forum is failing, these days it is lucky if around a dozen members post regularly, going back a couple of years there were many more folks getting involved. Perhaps there are other reasons for this alas we may never know.

#15 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 64,857 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:40 PM

If we all had the attitude that to question or make a comment is bitching then the forum would fail spectacularly.

As I recall there was in my view a bit of a witch hunt against Jay. Others may not see it that way, it was however enough to make him stop posting on the forum. He was a valued member who made every effort to highlight lots of football related issues. Is that not the main reason for using the forum "Scottish Football Forum"

Sad to say that in my view the forum is failing, these days it is lucky if around a dozen members post regularly, going back a couple of years there were many more folks getting involved. Perhaps there are other reasons for this alas we may never know.

What do you actually mean by a witch hunt squire ? All that occurred, whether you like it or not, was that some members on here, myself included, did not agree with some of the comments that Jay made. Now, if you or anyone else on this forum think that I shall meekly accept what someone says when I do not agree with their comment (ie see your latest post on the Celtic v Gers thread) then they are sadly mistaken. I have posted the definition of debate and I have no intention of doing so again simply for your benefit but......it means to 'question', argue ....points made! That my friend was what Jay couldn't handle....being questioned and disagreement with his points of view.

And just for your information and to put you straight....apart from the snide digs about Rangers demise which went on for a couple of years but thankfully has, in the main, stopped I cannot recall a thread about football where I had an argument with Jay.

Another point....how many different forums outwith Football forums are there on here ? Are they to be ignored ?

How active are you on the football forums ?

Get your facts correct before you come on and start mouthing off!!

#16 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:54 PM

What do you actually mean by a witch hunt squire ? All that occurred, whether you like it or not, was that some members on here, myself included, did not agree with some of the comments that Jay made. Now, if you or anyone else on this forum think that I shall meekly accept what someone says when I do not agree with their comment (ie see your latest post on the Celtic v Gers thread) then they are sadly mistaken. I have posted the definition of debate and I have no intention of doing so again simply for your benefit but......it means to 'question', argue ....points made! That my friend was what Jay couldn't handle....being questioned and disagreement with his points of view.

And just for your information and to put you straight....apart from the snide digs about Rangers demise which went on for a couple of years but thankfully has, in the main, stopped I cannot recall a thread about football where I had an argument with Jay.

Another point....how many different forums outwith Football forums are there on here ? Are they to be ignored ?

How active are you on the football forums ?

Get your facts correct before you come on and start mouthing off!!

Get your facts correct before you come on and start mouthing off!!... 

Well Dog you have just managed to lose the forum another member. I come on here to get light hearted banter. Sadly this is no longer possible.

#17 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 64,857 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:45 AM

Get your facts correct before you come on and start mouthing off!!... 

Well Dog you have just managed to lose the forum another member. I come on here to get light hearted banter. Sadly this is no longer possible.

You'll probably not read this as you say but.....don't be laying this at my door. Too many people on here haven't been able to handle been questioned or disagreed with and believe they are taking the moral high ground as they waltz off into the sunset. You J are another that seems to fall into that category. You highlight a part as your reason for leaving ? Oh please....don't be such a delicate wall flower.

I would also suggest that you are very selective in the parts of the forum that you use as (damp) ammunition for taking umbrage!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users